Poll

which team is the most recognizable world wide?

Lakers
11 (64.7%)
Chicago bulls
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: most popular basketball franchise world wide?  (Read 1253 times)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Q
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »
^we're talking about which name is more recognizable, not which sport has more fans...just because one product has more fans doesn't mean another product can't be more recognizable. Cam'ron has more fans than Soulja Boy, but does that mean he's more recognizable to the public? Lakers are a bigger name than any soccer team, believe that.
lol...i was replying to antonio's post...and "Most popular" could mean "most watched", "most played" or "most revenue-generating."

based on the number and size of stadiums around the world, the number of people who wear soccer merchandise, number of people who are aware of soccer, and the number of leagues/tournaments worldwide (The WORLD CUP, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THE SOUTH AMERICAN CUP, THE AMERICAN CUP, THE ASIAN CUP, 70 English league teams, 40 Italian league teams, 40 Spanish league teams) football ranks at the top of the list regardless the definition of "most popular" or "most recognizable"...

don't u think the most popular sports franchise in the world would belong to the most popular sport?how can this not make sense to u?

Once again, more people in the world will recognize a Laker jersey over a Manchester United jersey...more people in the world will recognize Kobe Bryant's name over any player on Manchester United. Cricket has far more fans than basketball. Cricket is STILL not a more recognizable sport...not by a long shot. How can this not make sense to you?
I've been to more countries in the middle east AND europe than u and i can tell u that anybody can recognize a man u jersey from a mile away in those regions...and the only reason they might recognize a laker jersey from a mile away would b the color giving it away...what ur saying only applies to the u.s.,not the whole world...

i dunno any place that wouldn't recognize a Laker jersey...however, i do know of places that wouldnt recognize a Man U jersey. Lakers are a global symbol for basketball, ya feel me? also, who is more recognizable from Man U than Kobe Bryant?
beckham...i already told u...more people know about beckham than kobe...and agian,what u said only applies to the u.s....beckham is famous in the u.s. cause he kicks it wit snoop and fucks a spice girl,i get it...but he was still more famous than kobe b4 he came to the u.s.(and b4 he was smashin posh spice)...maybe the average joe in america didn't know about beckham till lets say 4 years ago...but america isn't the world...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 05:34:26 PM »
^we're talking about which name is more recognizable, not which sport has more fans...just because one product has more fans doesn't mean another product can't be more recognizable. Cam'ron has more fans than Soulja Boy, but does that mean he's more recognizable to the public? Lakers are a bigger name than any soccer team, believe that.
lol...i was replying to antonio's post...and "Most popular" could mean "most watched", "most played" or "most revenue-generating."

based on the number and size of stadiums around the world, the number of people who wear soccer merchandise, number of people who are aware of soccer, and the number of leagues/tournaments worldwide (The WORLD CUP, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THE SOUTH AMERICAN CUP, THE AMERICAN CUP, THE ASIAN CUP, 70 English league teams, 40 Italian league teams, 40 Spanish league teams) football ranks at the top of the list regardless the definition of "most popular" or "most recognizable"...

don't u think the most popular sports franchise in the world would belong to the most popular sport?how can this not make sense to u?

Once again, more people in the world will recognize a Laker jersey over a Manchester United jersey...more people in the world will recognize Kobe Bryant's name over any player on Manchester United. Cricket has far more fans than basketball. Cricket is STILL not a more recognizable sport...not by a long shot. How can this not make sense to you?
I've been to more countries in the middle east AND europe than u and i can tell u that anybody can recognize a man u jersey from a mile away in those regions...and the only reason they might recognize a laker jersey from a mile away would b the color giving it away...what ur saying only applies to the u.s.,not the whole world...

i dunno any place that wouldn't recognize a Laker jersey...however, i do know of places that wouldnt recognize a Man U jersey. Lakers are a global symbol for basketball, ya feel me? also, who is more recognizable from Man U than Kobe Bryant?
beckham...i already told u...more people know about beckham than kobe...and agian,what u said only applies to the u.s....beckham is famous in the u.s. cause he kicks it wit snoop and fucks a spice girl,i get it...but he was still more famous than kobe b4 he came to the u.s.(and b4 he was smashin posh spice)...maybe the average joe in america didn't know about beckham till lets say 4 years ago...but america isn't the world...

forget about beckham (and i still dont think hes more recognizable than kobe)...who from manchester united RIGHT NOW has a bigger name? anyways, ima go hit a steezy  8)...well finish this discussion a lil later, son.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: most popular basketball franchise world wide?
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 05:35:37 PM »

if they have more fans=more recognition,thats common sense ...

=100% false. go read my Cam'ron/Soulja Boy analogy again so you can see where I'm comin from.
cam'ron has more fans than soulja boy?I doubt that...

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »

forget about beckham (and i still dont think hes more recognizable than kobe)...who from manchester united RIGHT NOW has a bigger name? anyways, ima go hit a steezy  8)...well finish this discussion a lil later, son.
david beckham was on man u...what r u talking about?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 06:33:18 PM »

if they have more fans=more recognition,thats common sense ...

=100% false. go read my Cam'ron/Soulja Boy analogy again so you can see where I'm comin from.
cam'ron has more fans than soulja boy?I doubt that...

why do you choose to ignore my point? okay, new analogy...some cult director may have more fans than some whack ass big budget director, but that doesn't mean the big budget director's movies aren't more recognizable. i know you get the point, so quit tryna work around it. more fans doesn't = more recognizable...another example, "Laffy Taffy" may be more recognizable than any song Cam'ron has ever made, but that doesn't mean Cam'ron doesn't have more fans than D4L. you understand what I'm getting at? Just because people aren't fans of basketball doesn't mean they don't recognize the Lakers as a team. You don't have to be a fan of something to recognize it...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »

david beckham was on man u...what r u talking about?

Ali, man, you're jokin me, right? I said someone who's on Manchester United RIGHT NOW...who that plays for Manchester United CURRENTLY is more popular than Kobe? You know there ain't no one out there, homie...

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »
and no, most popular based on fans and most popular based on recognition is not one in the same...think about it, people who dont give a fuck about sports and don't consider themselves a fan of either sport have a right to recognition too. LOL.
i didn't say there the same...i said they're tied together...if they have more fans=more recognition,thats common sense ...i didn't say they have to b a fan to know about the team...

The Watcher

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 11:15:56 PM »
most popular basketball franchise right now is probably the celtics since they just won the championship. i just spent the last month in japan, and i kid you not, i went to disneyland and i would guess that about 75% of the people had either a celtics hat, jersey or track suit on (track suit in 30 degreee celcius weather? wtf? yep.)

most famous sports team worldwide without a doubt would be manchester united, most famous player would EASILY be beckham

this may come as a suprise, but not alot of people outside of the US really give a fuck about the NBA
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 01:53:51 AM »

this may come as a suprise, but not alot of people outside of the US really give a fuck about the NBA

this statement is false in more ways than 1

wcsoldier

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »

if you would have said , nobody outside the US gives a fuck about NFL AND MLB , I'd agree but the NBA ? That's a very false statement

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 11:03:20 AM »
He went to Japan. LOL. Maybe they don't know the NBA there. It's probably the only country in the world tho.

The Watcher

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »
He went to Japan. LOL. Maybe they don't know the NBA there. It's probably the only country in the world tho.

if you read my post, you'd also see that I said every fucker in Japan was wearing a celtics hat/jersey/tracksuit

there's a difference between people knowing about the NBA and not giving a fuck about it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 05:01:04 AM »

if you read my post, you'd also see that I said every fucker in Japan was wearing a celtics hat/jersey/tracksuit

there's a difference between people knowing about the NBA and not giving a fuck about it

Yeah, but they had them only because Celtics won the title, you know. They weren't old jerseys (ex. Walker 8, or Bird, or Pierce from 2-3 years ago..), but new ones.
In other words i'm sure everybody was wearing Duncan's jerseys and Billups' ones when their teams won the NBA.
That's because they don't know who the best teams are, and they probably buy the jerseys of the Champions only.

Also because Kobe Bryant's jersey is the most sold all over the world, the most sold in Europe, the most sold in China, and Celtics' player are down in the list, probably outta the top-5 (if you consider world sales: i think Kobe, Lebron, A.I., Melo and probably Nash or Shaq sold more jerseys than KG and Pierce last year).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
anyone who tries claiming that the celtics are more popular than the lakers need to shoot themselves in the face.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »
basketball - lakers
all other sports - MU.

if youre talking GLOBALLY, not just the USA, than manchester united has this thing beat by a fucking mile.  it aint even close and it aint even a discussion.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.