Author Topic: Who is Everyones favorite wrestlers of all time?  (Read 831 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Who is Everyones favorite wrestlers of all time?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 02:50:41 PM »
10. Scott Hall - Just because I liked him a lot as a kid
09. Chris Benoit - despite his personal faults he was one of the best the squared circle has ever seen
08. Owen Hart - versatile in styles and good on the stick
07. Great Muta/Keiji Mutoh - great in two eras of puroreso and a personal favourite
06. Jushin Liger - amazing light weight and the benchmark for cruiserweight wrestling
05. Bret Hart - rock solid performer
04. Harley Race - the king
03. Kenta Kobashi - with out a doubt one of the best Japan has ever seen
02. Jumbo Tsuruta - clearly in his prime the greatest worker to ever step in the ring
01. Ric Flair - no one was as good as he was for the amount of time he was. He may never have reached Tsuruta's skill level but to be as good as he was from '78 to '98 makes him the top pick in my book. The mic skills are a bonus.

Steve Austin or HBK can easily take Hall's spot but no one else's

those foreign guys are no good unless you post some great matches...  ;) (seriously, we need to see some great wrestling, and you can do it)

Let me see what I can dig up. Youtube should have some stuff. But remember that puro is a different style than what a lot of modern US wrestling fans are used to. There's no finishing moves, or high spots with a lot of the heavyweights. The idea behind it is the essence of what wrestling is; to convince people that what you just saw was real, despite knowing it's fake.

I'm a huge fan actually. Thanks to the internet, I have seen lots of wrestling from around the world. I was a huge fan of Lucha in the 90's, not because of WCW but because of watching Mexican stations. I think that when people here watch Japanese wrestling, they'll have top respect, especially because all the wrestlers here steal the moves there.

I find that most US fans get very bored of the great Japanese matches. I'd compare it to watching a 6-3 NFL Football game when you've never watched Football before. If you love Football and respect defense you may love that game for than anything. But even most NFL fans might find it boring. Forget about trying to impress new fans with it.

Also, in Japan they focus on the quality of the wrestling more so then out here. American fans are more impressed with having these mammoth size wrestlers

...and shitty wrestlers with "mic skills".

yeah, the mic skills are huge.  Definetely bigger then talent. Unless you can be from the islands or some shit and they can just have you mumble jibberish...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
10. Scott Hall - Just because I liked him a lot as a kid
09. Chris Benoit - despite his personal faults he was one of the best the squared circle has ever seen
08. Owen Hart - versatile in styles and good on the stick
07. Great Muta/Keiji Mutoh - great in two eras of puroreso and a personal favourite
06. Jushin Liger - amazing light weight and the benchmark for cruiserweight wrestling
05. Bret Hart - rock solid performer
04. Harley Race - the king
03. Kenta Kobashi - with out a doubt one of the best Japan has ever seen
02. Jumbo Tsuruta - clearly in his prime the greatest worker to ever step in the ring
01. Ric Flair - no one was as good as he was for the amount of time he was. He may never have reached Tsuruta's skill level but to be as good as he was from '78 to '98 makes him the top pick in my book. The mic skills are a bonus.

Steve Austin or HBK can easily take Hall's spot but no one else's

those foreign guys are no good unless you post some great matches...  ;) (seriously, we need to see some great wrestling, and you can do it)

Let me see what I can dig up. Youtube should have some stuff. But remember that puro is a different style than what a lot of modern US wrestling fans are used to. There's no finishing moves, or high spots with a lot of the heavyweights. The idea behind it is the essence of what wrestling is; to convince people that what you just saw was real, despite knowing it's fake.

I'm a huge fan actually. Thanks to the internet, I have seen lots of wrestling from around the world. I was a huge fan of Lucha in the 90's, not because of WCW but because of watching Mexican stations. I think that when people here watch Japanese wrestling, they'll have top respect, especially because all the wrestlers here steal the moves there.

I find that most US fans get very bored of the great Japanese matches. I'd compare it to watching a 6-3 NFL Football game when you've never watched Football before. If you love Football and respect defense you may love that game for than anything. But even most NFL fans might find it boring. Forget about trying to impress new fans with it.

Also, in Japan they focus on the quality of the wrestling more so then out here. American fans are more impressed with having these mammoth size wrestlers

...and shitty wrestlers with "mic skills".

Too bad mic skills are almost a thing of the past here in the US. Who was the last guy that really got over huge with the stick? It's few and far between. There are some okay wrestlers on the mic these days, and it certainly helped Cena's career, but not since the Rock and Stone Cold has there been an American wrestler that could talk people into the building. The WWE pretty much scripts all their promos now and wrestlers are better improvisers than they are actors. Once Vince remembers that things will start to turn around again.

westsiderider323

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 03:53:54 PM »
wow forgot about him when i first gave my favs, but then i realized he is definatly in my top 3! 8)

GOLDBERG! 8)

(fuck Brock Lesnar lol)

(Lesnar gets RAPED! ;D)

(RAPED the best in the WWE; HHH is a dirty cheater, but hes cool, Evolution was fuckin awesome to watch, shame they broke up)

anyway, clearly Goldberg is a BEAST! ;) 8)

shit i forgot about Goldberg

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
here's my list of favourites:

1. Bret Hart
2. Sting
3. Undertaker
4. Ultimate Warrior
5. Stone Cold Steve Austin
6. Roddy Piper
7. Macho Man Randy Savage
8. Chris Benoit
9. Hulk Hogan
10. Legion of Doom

some others: Hacksaw Jim Duggan (he was always a face as far as I can remember); Goldberg; and the Bushwackers

current wrestlers that are my favourites right now: Jeff Hardy; AJ Styles; Samoa Joe; Edge; and Christian Cage
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:20:14 PM by Mo Z. Dizzle »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »
wow forgot about him when i first gave my favs, but then i realized he is definatly in my top 3! 8)

GOLDBERG! 8)

(fuck Brock Lesnar lol)

(Lesnar gets RAPED! ;D)

(RAPED the best in the WWE; HHH is a dirty cheater, but hes cool, Evolution was fuckin awesome to watch, shame they broke up)

anyway, clearly Goldberg is a BEAST! ;) 8)

shit i forgot about Goldberg

dude got you so hyped when his music played & you saw how intense he was in the ring.

WHOSE NEXT? :firedevil:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »
I remember I think it was wrestlemania 5 when Ultimate Warrior gorilla pressed Rick Rude and fucking LAUNCHED him straight into the air.  Shit was unbelievable.  That dude had to be so roided / coked up to pull off some of the shit he did.

Also Rude probably pushed off really hard to help with the effect.

yeah for sure

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 04:14:07 PM »
16 Brian Pillman/Steve Austin
15 KENTA
14 Chris Jericho
13 Eddy Guerrero
12 Ultimo Dragon
11 Big Van Vader
10 The Great Sasuke
9   Shawn Michaels
8   Mitsuharu Misawa
7   Love Machine Art Barr   
6   Rick Rude
5   Keiji Mutoh
4   Kenta Kobashi
3   Tiger Mask Satoru Sayama
2   Jushin Thunder Liger
1   Dynamite Kid Tom Billington

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 06:52:27 PM »
16 Brian Pillman/Steve Austin
15 KENTA
14 Chris Jericho
13 Eddy Guerrero
12 Ultimo Dragon
11 Big Van Vader
10 The Great Sasuke
9   Shawn Michaels
8   Mitsuharu Misawa
7   Love Machine Art Barr   
6   Rick Rude
5   Keiji Mutoh
4   Kenta Kobashi
3   Tiger Mask Satoru Sayama
2   Jushin Thunder Liger
1   Dynamite Kid Tom Billington

Nice list.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 03:10:09 AM »
if i could go back i would trade Ahmed johnson for Booker T back in his Harlem Heat days his and his  brother use to tear shit up
and Sid for Sting,

'EclipZe

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:38 PM »

big show's a beast, haha

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 10:13:11 PM »
^I get bored of his matches lol.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »
1.Hulk Hogan
2.Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen
3.Animal & Hawk: The Road Warriors (L.O.D.)
4.Andre The Giant
5.Dusty Rhodes
6.Rowdy Piper
7.Ricky Steamboat
8.Jake Roberts
9.Randy Savage
10.Bruiser Brody