Author Topic: The Wackness  (Read 499 times)

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
The Wackness
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
It's the summer of 1994, and the streets of New York are pulsing with hip-hop. Set against this backdrop, a lonely teenager named Luke Shapiro spends his last summer before university selling marijuana throughout New York City, trading it with his unorthodox psychotherapist for treatment, while having a crush on his stepdaughter.

Watched it the other day and thought it was a good movie.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: The Wackness
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:03:19 AM »
oh hell yeah, i only watched this like two days ago the movie is solid.. the soundtrack is awesome throughout the film, brings back alot of good memories.. the chemistry between Kingsley and Peck at times is straight hilarious, and proves that Ben Kingsley really is a versatile actor who can deliver in any role.. definatley a must watch is your old school hip hop head or a stoner..

David Gutterman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:30:31 AM »
Beautiful

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:43:45 AM »
I went to a screening of it last summer, awesome movie.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
i really liked this movie.  :bandit:

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 06:58:33 AM »
I watched this just today. It was pretty good.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:00:22 AM »
Hmmm. Did the Olsen twin show her vagina?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »
pretty awesome movie, i saw it at the philly film festival like a year ago, .. i love the 90s rap feel to it

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »
Haven't watched it all yet. Seems pretty cool. I just don't believe the idea that the guy that gets everyone weed would not be invited to parties and be seen as a nerd and made fun of. I've known a lot of weed hook up guys in my life and while they weren't all beloved by everyone the people that hooked the weed up to in highschool would atleast pretend to love them.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »
Haven't watched it all yet. Seems pretty cool. I just don't believe the idea that the guy that gets everyone weed would not be invited to parties and be seen as a nerd and made fun of. I've known a lot of weed hook up guys in my life and while they weren't all beloved by everyone the people that hooked the weed up to in highschool would atleast pretend to love them.
yea thats a very weak point in the movie, i agree, most weed dealers i know know a lot of people, and actually will use it to get mad bitches, theres this akward scene were he comes to this party to deliver weed and this guy dont even want to pay for it, 1) most dealers i know roll through to all the partys, bank, are like the life of the party, and will probly get laid, 2) why the fuck would he just give this dude the weed for free when this guy would just spit it his face, i know the concept of this guy wanting to get accepted and all that, but i didnt buy it, honestly it would have been a more believable story plot if he actully did  know a lot of people and bitches but was lacking real connection and was just used by everyone, having no Real friends....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 07:04:58 PM »
yea thats a very weak point in the movie, i agree, most weed dealers i know know a lot of people, and actually will use it to get mad bitches, theres this akward scene were he comes to this party to deliver weed and this guy dont even want to pay for it, 1) most dealers i know roll through to all the partys, bank, are like the life of the party, and will probly get laid, 2) why the fuck would he just give this dude the weed for free when this guy would just spit it his face, i know the concept of this guy wanting to get accepted and all that, but i didnt buy it, honestly it would have been a more believable story plot if he actully did  know a lot of people and bitches but was lacking real connection and was just used by everyone, having no Real friends....

Good idea. They'd have to slightly change the dynamic between him and the girl. He couldn't be so shocked that she would want to chill with him but that wouldn't be too hard to do.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »

Good idea. They'd have to slightly change the dynamic between him and the girl. He couldn't be so shocked that she would want to chill with him but that wouldn't be too hard to do.
you would also have to change the fact that he's a bitch, but again it would be easy to change it from a guy whos never fucked a girl, to a guy whos never fell in love, or some shit like that

DOPE, GUNS AND RELIGION

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 05:40:45 AM »
average movie with a great soundtrack

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 01:42:06 PM »
never trust anyone who doesnt smoke weed or listen to bob dylan

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 04:50:58 AM »
never trust anyone who doesnt smoke weed or listen to bob dylan
Never trust anyone who doesn't like the beach.
Never, EVER, EVER trust anyone who says they don't like dogs!
You meet someone who doesn't like dogs you alert the authorities IMMEDIATELY and you sure as SHIT don't MARRY THEM!

haha, Dr Squires is the man!  8)