Author Topic: "Lebron is MVP"- Kobe Bryant  (Read 1399 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: "Lebron is MVP"- Kobe Bryant
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »
My top 5 for MVP:

1. LeBron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwight Howard
4. Chris Paul
5. Tim Duncan

thisoneguy360

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »
When the games on the line I want Kobe. Not Lebron, not Dwight, not CP3, not D Wade. If that makes him the MVP then so be it. I'm not trying to dis-credit Lebron because what he's doing/has done is pretty fuckin incredible, but when I think of who's the better closer, perimeter defender, shooter, etc then Kobe still takes the cake IMO.

Kobe has the resume no doubt.  Having said that, he wasn't exactly clutch in his only finals as the leader of his team (nor was a 22 yr old Lebron for that matter).  Besides, guess who had the most pts per last 2 mins. of games last year?  Not Kobe.  And don't look now, but Lebron is the leader of the best defensive team in the league currently, while Kobe's team does not close out on shooters and lets guys into the lane at will.  Better shooter?  Kobe for sure, but then Lebron still shoots a better FG percentage, gets more assists, blocks, steals, rebounds at very comparable mins. (.8 difference as of now).  Really, Lebron has vastly improved as a defender this year, while Kobe has regressed save for a few games (he was  :o against Wade, but has not been bringing it consistently). 

To each his own, they're both amazing players but I'll still go with Kobe for the time being.

teecee

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
Well, Kobe got the best of Lebron last night, for sure.  Both are great players, with maybe Kobe holding a very slight edge still.  Having said that, when you really look at the lack of talent on the Cavs, and then look at the fact they had the best record until last night, how can Lebron not be your MVP so far? 

Who is doing more for their team than Lebron?  Sure he didn't play well last night, but look at the line-up that was out there?

wcsoldier

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »
Kobe showed he's still better than Lebron in this game ... he did a very good job defensively on him and still had a good game despite being in huge pain ... he's a tough motherfucker ...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
Kobe showed he's still better than Lebron in this game ... he did a very good job defensively on him and still had a good game despite being in huge pain ... he's a tough motherfucker ...

look at the other 4 players...
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 11:15:31 AM »

yeah I agree , I will probably win an 1 on 1 game against Mo Williams and all these others Cavs D-Leaguers pretty easily

teecee

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »

yeah I agree , I will probably win an 1 on 1 game against Mo Williams and all these others Cavs D-Leaguers pretty easily

Who the fuck said they were "D-leaguers"??  The Cavs have been playing great, but they aren't the most talented team in the league by any means, and they definitely cannot do without D-West and Ilgauskas.  Having said that, would either of those guys start on the Lakers?  Exactly. 

teecee

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »
Some food for thought:

"Despite a well-deserved reputation as a clutch performer, Bryant has slipped to third on the clutch player rankings computed by 82games.com. LeBron is averaging 56.9 points per 48 minutes of clutch time, defined as fourth quarter or overtime, less than five minutes remaining and neither team ahead by more than five. Carmelo Anthony (56.5) is second, followed by Kobe (52.2).

Also according to 82games.com, LeBron's team nets an average of 19.8 more points when he's on the floor vs. off the floor, compared to 6.0 for Kobe."

Still, in the last month Kobe has really stepped it up and narrowed the gap as far as the MVP race.  But its still Lebron

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
my top 5 mvps:

Lebron
Howard
Billups
Duncan
Pierce

Dude, you are almost as lame as NIK!  For real, no Kobe in the top 5 for MVP?  Str8 bullshit.  I have never been a Kobe fan, but to say he is not an top 5 MVP candidate is lame. The hate for Kobe is too thick around here.  He may not be having his best season, but then again neither is Duncan or Pierce (who has been ASS), and that didn't stop you from putting them top 5.  I know you are a huge Celtics fan (dope team), but Pierce is not top 5, or even top 10 this year.  The rest of your list is nice, although Kobe deserves a spot no doubt.  

Either way, its Lebron's to win.  Having said that, he was up there last year for a long while too, but tanked at the end.  His numbers were much better last year, but his team is so improved this year, and if you've watched all his games this year, you know he is on another level right now.

every GAME.........75-7

maybe my math is off but...

Crack Head...in every sense of the word.

Kobe=MVP. It was proven Sunday. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »

Who the fuck said they were "D-leaguers"??  The Cavs have been playing great, but they aren't the most talented team in the league by any means, and they definitely cannot do without D-West and Ilgauskas.  Having said that, would either of those guys start on the Lakers?  Exactly. 

D-West and Ilguaskas both > Luke Walton.  Cavs are one of the better teams in the league on the defensive end, and that's without LeBron. LeBron has a nice supporting cast, face it. The team defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. LeBron is nowhere near Kobe's level as of now...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »

D-West and Ilguaskas both > Luke Walton.  Cavs are one of the better teams in the league on the defensive end, and that's without LeBron. LeBron has a nice supporting cast, face it. The team defense is more vital to their success than LeBron is. LeBron is nowhere near Kobe's level as of now...PeACe

Um, Walton has only started 11 games, and most have wondered why he was starting at all (I actually don't mind him as a player).  I think the Cavs are the BEST defensive team in the league, but my point was they don't have  a lot of depth, and without Ilgauskas do not have a 7footer (Lakers have FOUR?).  Furthermore, West has been a great defender on the perimeter and they are sorely missing him right now.

You ignore actual facts, so I wanna know what, this season, makes Lebron "nowhere" near Kobe?  Lebron has a much less talented supporting cast, but has his team with an almost identical record as the Lakers, while beating Kobein every statistical category possible with the exception of FT and 3pt %age.  I think the players are closer than you think, but you are always prone to homerism and hyperbole, and thus cannot see this.  Oh well, I am done arguing with you.  Its all about opinions, these two guys are close, but LBJ will win it, and when he does wer all know what your excuse will be.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »
^1.Luke is our starting small forward.
2.Lakers=best team in the league, forget records. Sunday proved it.
3.Kobe=best player on the planet, clearly.

8)