Author Topic: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated  (Read 4243 times)

Hey Ma

Re: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 01:03:42 AM »
This thread is so stupid. premo IS one of the top 5 beat makers for me, however I realize that it's all subjective. It's all opinion.

As for the canadian kid vs al bundy, it's funny that the canuck would try and flip that question on bundy about REAL artists, when bottom line it's just hip hop. It doesn't take much to spit a rhyme whether you're biggie or gucci mane, it just depends on your own style. Chances are all these muli's are of the same intelligence and way of life, just different areas and upbringings. They are all equally un-artistic in their own right.

Al Bundy

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 01:15:37 AM »
This thread is so stupid. premo IS one of the top 5 beat makers for me, however I realize that it's all subjective. It's all opinion.

As for the canadian kid vs al bundy, it's funny that the canuck would try and flip that question on bundy about REAL artists, when bottom line it's just hip hop. It doesn't take much to spit a rhyme whether you're biggie or gucci mane, it just depends on your own style. Chances are all these muli's are of the same intelligence and way of life, just different areas and upbringings. They are all equally un-artistic in their own right.

kids just trying to act cool, that's all. remember; if dilla ain't on your playlist, you don't know shit.

with that being said, fuck 90% of the posters on here.

Hey Ma

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 01:28:15 AM »

kids just trying to act cool, that's all. remember; if dilla ain't on your playlist, you don't know shit.

exactly.

"I only listen to REAL hip hop bro"
-lamest white person cliche ever.

Al Bundy

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2009, 01:32:35 AM »

exactly.

i still :laugh: when i see his username 

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2009, 06:13:08 AM »
NYG'z feat. Lady of Rage, Freddie Foxx & Royce Da 5'9"

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 08:12:45 AM »

exactly.

LMAO !!!! That's what I've been saying

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 09:11:56 AM »

[DJ Premier examples]

Better than any Just Blaze or 3-6 beats out there. There is no way you can say Premo is over-rated with joints like these.
That is a quite bold statement. Did you really sat down and listen through the whole 3-6 discography or was your Premo toxicated mind already made up without ever listening a Paul & Juicy beat??
I agree with you, DJ Premier being one of the better hip-hop producers on this planet and his significance in hip-hop being undeniable.

I don't see how people can pick a side on these two. They may share some similar techniques when making a beat but their style/flavor they put on a beat is
just completely different.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Paul

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »

[DJ Premier examples]

Better than any Just Blaze or 3-6 beats out there. There is no way you can say Premo is over-rated with joints like these.
That is a quite bold statement. Did you really sat down and listen through the whole 3-6 discography or was your Premo toxicated mind already made up without ever listening a Paul & Juicy beat??
I agree with you, DJ Premier being one of the better hip-hop producers on this planet and his significance in hip-hop being undeniable.

I don't see how people can pick a side on these two. They may share some similar techniques when making a beat but their style/flavor they put on a beat is

+1
funkyfreshintheflesh

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 11:34:47 AM »
its funny how everyone hops on bundy's dick like he's a god or something when in actuality he brings absolutely nothing to this forum except wack as threads about lil wayne or prodigy.

You're just another white kid thats caught up with the image and lifestyle of gangster rap.

Invincible

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 11:38:07 AM »

[DJ Premier examples]

Saying that Premier isn't over-rated is a bold statement?

I've listened to enough beats from both the other 2 to say that, and none of them are as catchy to me as a Premo beat.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:43:43 AM by Supa Star »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
cuz in another thread, the arguement came up of why premo is hyped up so much?
and so did jus blaze as bein one of the best and possibly better
3-6 was never originally in the topic, came in later

I love both producers.I don't really see why they are being compared its apples and oranges
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »

[DJ Premier examples]

Saying that Premier isn't over-rated is a bold statement?

I've listened to enough beats from both the other 2 to say that, and none of them are as catchy to me as a Premo beat.
By bold statement I referred to what you said about 3-6 beats. I should have put the rest in a separate quote.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 12:53:21 PM »
Seriously people, comparing Premo w/ Just Blaze or 36 is ridiculous.

Call me when JB or 36 consisently hold down production on multiple classic albums, some of which are considered arguably the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time - Illmatic, Ready To Die, The Sun Rises in the East, Gangstarr, etc etc I could go all fucking day. 

Have those 2 cats even remotely touched that?  No.  So quit with these comparisons. 

And for the record, 36>JB.

Peace

I could name you a couple CLASSIC triple six mafia albums, but you would never agree with me in a million years so there's no point.  And trust me I'm not the only one who feels this way... WestSide, EastSide, MidWest, and of course DownSouth.

Ok, so do it.  You're telling me that those albums had as profound effect on the state of Hip Hop like the albums I listed?  I love 36, Project Pat, all that shit.  8ball & MJG, UGK have phenomenal albums.  They still aren't touching Preme's catalog.  They're just not on Premo's level. 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »
yeah its 2 different styles IMO but I can see how some would say premo is better
his production is more complex and complicated which is a good thing

Call me when JB or 36 consisently hold down production on multiple classic albums, some of which are considered arguably the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time - Illmatic, Ready To Die, The Sun Rises in the East, Gangstarr, etc etc I could go all fucking day. 

Have those 2 cats even remotely touched that?  No.  So quit with these comparisons. 

Peace

I could name you a couple CLASSIC triple six mafia albums, but you would never agree with me in a million years so there's no point.  And trust me I'm not the only one who feels this way... WestSide, EastSide, MidWest, and of course DownSouth.

Ok, so do it.  You're telling me that those albums had as profound effect on the state of Hip Hop like the albums I listed?  I love 36, Project Pat, all that shit.  8ball & MJG, UGK have phenomenal albums.  They still aren't touching Preme's catalog.  They're just not on Premo's level. 
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

I guess he was calling me out when he made this thread
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »

Peace

You've obviously spent a lot of time listening to the more "positive" side of hip hop than I have .  and you're white, so that means we have a different perspective all together (which is cool).  but to say Preme has impacted the game like a god and 3-6 have been playing the back seat students in his classroom is going way overboard.  Paul & Juicy have designed the sound that Hip Hop has been using for almost the past 7 years now, and not to mention all of the underground southern artist before that (no limit, cash money, etc.) .  Preme may have impacted YOUR LIFE in a major way but in Hip Hop in general he can truely only speak for the EastCoast (and that's real and not 2 mention he's from Texas  ::)).  Three 6 Mafia have an epic catalog IMO (they've put out over 30 artist, how can u downplay that).  Preme has done a good job, but if u ask me alot of his beats aren't more complex than a 3-6 beat (and u obviously havent listened to enough to give me a good opinion on that).  They have classic albums like Mystic Stylez, The End, Chapter 2, Ghetty Green, Da Unbreakables, 6661, Mista Don't Play, Layin Tha Smackdown, and countless underground albums that've never seen a store self but have sold anywhere from 25,000-500,000 (atleast) just out of the trunks straight off of word of mouth, from 1991-1995/1996 (literally).  You're tryna knock tha 6 bcuz u don't like them, fair enough- dont really give a fuck if u do.  But let me educate you on this... DJ Paul and DJ Premier are good producers/dj's and both of em have they own style, but truth be told there's only a million other producers better than DJ Premier (who's obviously been livin' off of his loyal fan base these past 10 years).  Now Three 6 Mafia- they've won Oscars they have white folks singin' they songs and using their phrases, they've probably outplayed Preme in the clubs 6 to 1 (anywhere), and as of now (today) they're more popular - and not just with the kids.  Preme is a cool cat and has made some good shit, but it sounds like to me, you've been listening to too many rap politics and not actually listening to the music.  It's all good, like wat u like and dislike watcha dont like- but y r u trying to play Three 6 like they've done absolutly nothing for this game besides make (quite a few) big singles and that's it.  You're young and nieve and you aren't well rounded enough in music appreciation to hold a conversation with me or anyone mature so I can't win with you or anyone else who has a problem/dispute with what I'm laying out (which is facts and not opinions).  If you want DJ-cutted sample records, then I'd go with Pete Rock over Premier anyday- atleast he's changed his sound more than twice in tha past 20 years and made better records, which is something I can't say for Preme- but more luck to Preme though- we need more Blacks in the Hall of Fame.

LEGENDARY

You should really do your homework on these niggaz

Best Drug Song in a few years

I could go on ALL DAY about the songs that will NEVER play out done by The Hypnotized Camp Posse but you're a youngin who's in love with Preme's work, that's a fight I could never win (you're as bad as a woman scorned).  But here's a few of my personal favorites, there's really a million more but I don't feel like givin' this shit no more attention than wat I already have (which is alot already).  I'm way more to get this money than to argue with a like you.  And besides all of the bitches love the Three 6, so that should tell u somethin there I havent even mentioned Lil' Wyte or Frayser Boy or T Rock for that matter.

You can't talk about best albums of Hip Hop of all time and only mention the usual albums (which are sounding older and lamer by the day like illmatic for one, used to be my all time favorite but it started to really get old to me a long time ago.  And i can gaurantee you that The Source magazine gave it that "classic" mystique it has and not it just being classic becuz of the album it's self).  And you can't mention classic Hip Hop and not mention Three 6 Mafia or Project Pat You're discrediting alot of good Hip Hop if you are.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:12:23 PM by RadioTube!_301 »