Author Topic: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread  (Read 21342 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Eminem "Relapse" Discussion Thread
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2009, 04:15:17 AM »
been playing this for the last few days, and i think its probably better than TES now

the only songs i cant really get into are insane & same song & dance

Exactly the same + Old Time's Sake (Em's verse). I still don't think it's better then TES, simply because of the accent. But this album is a grower, has a concept and sticks to it and it's got a cohesive dark, drug vibe. And the replay value so far is impressive.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 04:20:39 AM by Meho »

westside159

« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2009, 04:22:57 AM »
That man is bacc again ...      Album is Dope much better than Encore ... 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2009, 04:39:54 AM »
I've noticed a lot of people saying Relapse is better than The Eminem Show. I think some of you are just happy that Relapse wasn't an abortion like Encore. The Eminem Show is still way better than Relapse.
completely agreed. Eminem Show shits all over this :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2009, 05:33:33 AM »
I view putting music on repeat in two fashions: 

short-term:  i want to bump this song a lot within the day or a week but after that period it's retired
long-term:  i'll can bump the collective album every couple months

Rarely, albums manage to have a collection of tracks that do both.  If they do it's often considered a classic.  Often, they'll have one or the other.  Usually, an album might have a hot single or two but comprehensively sucks (Example: Mims This Is Why I'm Hot) or they'll have an okay single backed by good album tracks (example: Joe Budden's Padded Room).

This definitely falls into the long-term category with several tracks falling into the short-term. 

Tracks I'll most likely have on repeat for the next week or so, the bolded ones I'll probably be bumping longer: :

Same Song and Dance
Stay Wide Awake
Must be the Ganja
Deja Vu
Beautiful
Underground

The other tracks I hear once or twice and they get pushed off for a month or so if not longer::
Crack a bottle
3 am
We Made You
Bagpipes from Baghdad
Insane
Old Times Sake

I honestly don't need to hear any of those again for a while.  The rest of them are up in the air. 

I have to say this album probably had the worst tracks as singles.
+1 Nice breakdown.

The Watcher

« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2009, 06:37:17 AM »
looks like the grouprip just pre'd
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »
Has anybody got a link for the download of the whole album please???

Props in advance
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2009, 08:13:47 AM »
I've noticed a lot of people saying Relapse is better than The Eminem Show. I think some of you are just happy that Relapse wasn't an abortion like Encore. The Eminem Show is still way better than Relapse.

My guess is it's just a bunch of Dr Dre groupies elated over the idea of all but 1 track being produced by Dre and putting it above Em Show for that reason. I really don't even pay attention to those idiots. It's not the beats they love. It's the idea of loving the beatmaker. If Relapse had said it was produced all by Em and the beats were the exact same you'd see all these clowns finding mistakes with the production. What makes Beautiful any less than any other track as far as production goes? And if Em Show had said it was entirely produced by Dre it'd be argued as Em's best them.

When I think about what's better MMLP or Em Show I spend some time thinking about it. I don't even have to think about MMLP and Relapse.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »
Brother Ali>>>>>>Eminem

Ant>>>>>Dr Dre
i like how you were one of the first posters on here to check out Relapse  :laugh:

Thanks for noticing.  You got me again.

And actually if you look back, I didn't comment on the record until the 2nd page thus making me NOT one of the 1st posters.  Good try though, buddy  :-*
i didn't say anything about commenting  :nahnah2:

Not sure what happened to you recently but you've been quite the narcissist.  Anyway, how do you know that I was one of the 1st posters to check out Relapse?  Where is your empirical evidence? 

lucasfrenay

• 'G'
« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2009, 10:51:10 AM »
Eminem-Relapse-2009-H3X  8)

Paul

« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »
I love it

Same song and dance has a great beat

The hooks are cool too, you know there good when your not listening to a track but the hook is in the back of your head
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »
Brother Ali>>>>>>Eminem

Ant>>>>>Dr Dre
i like how you were one of the first posters on here to check out Relapse  :laugh:

And actually if you look back, I didn't comment on the record until the 2nd page thus making me NOT one of the 1st posters.  Good try though, buddy  :-*

Not sure what happened to you recently but you've been quite the narcissist.  Anyway, how do you know that I was one of the 1st posters to check out Relapse?  Where is your empirical evidence? 

lol! i can understand why you got that impression, but it's not right.
you see,i can't help it that i'm able to recognise things, that most people aren't able to; so i'm not overestimating anything.
it's just an advantage  8)

it's interesting that your observations made you come to the conclusion that i've changed though  :laugh:
i haven't changed at all, but i've become more and more active on here over time.

anyway, well the forum has a tool, with which you can observe what other forum members are doing on here.
by coincidence,i saw that you were checking the discussion topic (which was made shortly after the leak of Relapse) and you posted your thoughts about it not long after that ( just check the post time & compare them with the first one of the topic), so it was obvious.
that's why i was able to make the statement about you being one of the first ones.
with your reponse to that, you tried to make it look like it wasn't a legit claim, while you didn't know my reasons for making the claim in the first place.

again, as with the argument about Dre, i just stated the truth.
i understand that it can be inconvenient, but don't blame me  ;D

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2009, 11:56:05 AM »
Brother Ali>>>>>>Eminem

Ant>>>>>Dr Dre

lol! i can understand why you got that impression, but it's not right.
you see,i can't help it that i'm able to recognise things, that most people aren't able to; so i'm not overestimating anything.
it's just an advantage  8)

it's interesting that your observations made you come to the conclusion that i've changed though  :laugh:
i haven't changed at all, but i've become more and more active on here over time.

anyway, well the forum has a tool, with which you can observe what other forum members are doing on here.
by coincidence,i saw that you were checking the discussion topic (which was made shortly after the leak of Relapse) and you posted your thoughts about it not long after that ( just check the post time & compare them with the first one of the topic), so it was obvious.
that's why i was able to make the statement about you being one of the first ones.
with your reponse to that, you tried to make it look like it wasn't a legit claim, while you didn't know my reasons for making the claim in the first place.

again, as with the argument about Dre, i just stated the truth.
i understand that it can be inconvenient, but don't blame me  ;D

Of course I knew your claims.  It's really not a big secret around here that there are numbers and dates and timestamps for everything.  So, dude.  Get off your own shaft for a moment.  Just because I commented early in the thread doesn't mean I was one of the 1st posters to check out Relapse.  And even if that was the case, which it's not considering the album leaked elsewhere beforehand, it doesn't make a shred of difference.  Furthermore, you know I'm not on here very often and you actually were the one who encouraged me to start engaging in more threads or creating more threads.  I just happened to start checking the forum when Lunatic had made the thread and so I commented.  As a matter of fact, I had already heard the record before the thread.  And as I stated before I'm a fan of Dr Dre so what is the point.  He just gets too much credit.  I sure as hell don't agree with everything you're doing but I don't start shit for the fuck of it.  That's counterproductive.  Stop acting like a baby.

Doggystylin

I'm a huge Em fan but Relapse is horrible.
« Reply #417 on: May 11, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »
really, wtf. lyrical content gets a zero, flow is there on some songs and a lot dres production is wack. the only song that makes this all ok is Deja Vu, that song is a perfect 5/5

what happened em?

Lunatic

Re: I'm a huge Em fan but Relapse is horrible.
« Reply #418 on: May 11, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »
terrible
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Doggystylin

Re: I'm a huge Em fan but Relapse is horrible.
« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »
definitely his worst album

MMLP SSLP The Eminem Show are all great albums

Encore had some wack tracks and some good ones

Relapse, majority horrific, few ok songs, 1 great song that holds up to the great em tracks.