Author Topic: hiphop music realy fucked up  (Read 506 times)

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
hiphop music realy fucked up
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
Its amasing haw much damage limeware, bearshare, The pirate bay and other torrentsites do to the music industri..

Hiphop/rap are taking most damage realy

Most off the major hiphop/ rap artist sales are going like this..

1 week 150000 copies

2 week 50000

3 week 30000

basicly they are out off the chart after 10 weeks or something, thats sick

Why are hiphop artist not making different versions leaked albums. and a week before the realease they are realeasing the actual album??????

or what should be done??

Sikotic™

Re: hiphop music realy fucked up
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 03:52:11 PM »
or maybe, call me crazy, maybe the entire genre is desperately fucked due to lack of creativity and nobody wants to waste a fucking dime on watered-down bullshit in this recession economy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
or maybe, call me crazy, maybe the entire genre is desperately fucked due to lack of creativity and nobody wants to waste a fucking dime on watered-down bullshit in this recession economy.

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »

Thats the answer you were looking for. And its not as if the artists leak it themselves.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:34:05 AM »

that's bullshit man... you think Master P wasn't watered down?  No Limit sold alot of records in the 90's homie.  

I can't believe people still want to deny that illegal downloading has seriously damaged the industry.  All the record stores around where I live and in all the malls have closed down.  Only Best Buy sells cd's now.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 10:06:54 AM »
Basically, it is a combination of

1. illegal downloading
2. the recession
3. poor albums

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »
blablabla

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »

If you can not find any Hip-Hop music worth your time,  don't blame Hip-Hop, blame yourself.....

For those of you who don't bother to learn new things, like the BUSINESS of music, you need to understand that shit before you can make a relevent arguement about the state of Hip-Hop...

the industry creates trends, but it's up to YOU to make the trend work, or dismiss it as a passing fad..... so don't blame them, blame yourself....

2nd, there is TONS of good Hip-Hop music out there, the problem is that no one wants to support good music, people support bullshit music from artists that are more popular, and that is all based on MARKETING and PROMOTIONS, NOT ACTUAL TALENT.

We live in the money age people, at the end of the day, all anyone cares about is moving units, and the major artists are still able to move units because they are tuned in to MARKETING and PROMOTION....

If some of the more underground artists,  would spend more time on marketing and promotion, there would be a better mix of music on the radio...

And, on average, most artists make more money these days from their CD sales  than they did in the passed...
And, with the onset of digital downloads many artists are selling fewer CD's naturally anyways,  but they are still making their money...

and, when artists put out classic material, it always sells, hell, Ludacris went Platinum last year, obviously someone is still buying CD's....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 12:30:29 PM »
yeah all this t.i, wayne, jimy, t-pain, akon shit is fuckin up the game
but thanx to krs-one, boot camp click, and others we still got some dope muzik comin out

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
but thanx to krs-one, boot camp click, and others we still got some dope muzik comin out

Dude Boot Camp Click ain't puttin anything out these days, and KRS-ONE.. well, that's the teacher, but you can not seriously, do you even listen to current day Hip-Hop???

It's like everytime some one wants to talk about good Hip-Hop, they act as if the old school rappers are the only ones...

There are thousands of artists TODAY, putting out great quality Hip-Hop music, but you don't check for them.
they put out CD's and pay their money to open up for mainstream artists, they are fighting for your love and support.... and the onlything you can think is "UUUHHHH KRS-ONE makes good Hip-Hop....

dude KRS-One is like 50 years old....what about the current greats...

Free Speech out of L.A.... Rasco Umali, or even people from the east, Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Slum Village, and even from the South, Trick Daddy, Ludacris, Micronauts, Mia X, etc...

Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

If you can not find any Hip-Hop music worth your time,  don't blame Hip-Hop, blame yourself.....

For those of you who don't bother to learn new things, like the BUSINESS of music, you need to understand that shit before you can make a relevent arguement about the state of Hip-Hop...

the industry creates trends, but it's up to YOU to make the trend work, or dismiss it as a passing fad..... so don't blame them, blame yourself....

2nd, there is TONS of good Hip-Hop music out there, the problem is that no one wants to support good music, people support bullshit music from artists that are more popular, and that is all based on MARKETING and PROMOTIONS, NOT ACTUAL TALENT.

We live in the money age people, at the end of the day, all anyone cares about is moving units, and the major artists are still able to move units because they are tuned in to MARKETING and PROMOTION....

If some of the more underground artists,  would spend more time on marketing and promotion, there would be a better mix of music on the radio...

And, on average, most artists make more money these days from their CD sales  than they did in the passed...
And, with the onset of digital downloads many artists are selling fewer CD's naturally anyways,  but they are still making their money...

and, when artists put out classic material, it always sells, hell, Ludacris went Platinum last year, obviously someone is still buying CD's....

don't blame it on the underground artists. They can only do as much marketing as far as their funds go. And since they aren't major they aren't going to get as much promotion as an artist on a major label. At the end of the day, it is a bunch of old white men in suits deciding what kind of music the kids want to listen to. I truly believe that if dope rappers were being signed to majors and promoted as much as the lil waynes and Rick Rosses, the industry would still be thriving.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »
fuck complaining about the majors and be a major player yourself.  homie with tha tall can waz right.  you can only listen to K-1 for so long and ignore/block out/neglect/hate/complain/feel cheated about the new music by newer artist for so long until you realize alot of that shit is on tha same level as it was back then, it just evolved and the old skool players were the 1st to do it- and they did it big.  even tho everybody he mentioned was jah old lol, we got ur point.  dont get jealous/mad/upset/bitchy that Rick Ross has a bigger budget than Necro or Joe Budden, embrace it and turn up the music louder.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »
lol @ saying trick daddy is great

man most rap....even "good" rap is corny and whack as fuck now. there ain't no memorable shit out anymore.

i hope hip hop ceases to exist and then kids 10 years from now start getting into classic shit and try to bring it back like all the Metal head are doing now.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »

Dude Boot Camp Click ain't puttin anything out these days, and KRS-ONE.. well, that's the teacher, but you can not seriously, do you even listen to current day Hip-Hop???

It's like everytime some one wants to talk about good Hip-Hop, they act as if the old school rappers are the only ones...

There are thousands of artists TODAY, putting out great quality Hip-Hop music, but you don't check for them.
they put out CD's and pay their money to open up for mainstream artists, they are fighting for your love and support.... and the onlything you can think is "UUUHHHH KRS-ONE makes good Hip-Hop....

dude KRS-One is like 50 years old....what about the current greats...

Free Speech out of L.A.... Rasco Umali, or even people from the east, Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Slum Village, and even from the South, Trick Daddy, Ludacris, Micronauts, Mia X, etc...

Duck Down has actually been very consistent in putting out albums. BCC has released at least 2 albums in the past couple years, Heltah Skeltah released one a few years back, Buckshot did one with 9th Wonder, B-Real came out on Duck Down and Buckshot and KRS One are doing a duo album coming out in about 2 months.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »

If you can not find any Hip-Hop music worth your time,  don't blame Hip-Hop, blame yourself.....
Okay, so you're gonna tell me today's hip-hop is as groundbreaking and original as the hip-hop of the 80's and 90's? If you think so, then you have low standards in the music you listen to.

I love hip-hop......wait, I love QUALITY hip-hop, not the bullshit half of dubcc gets hard over. And it ain't that I'm stuck in 1992. If so, I would be bumping the new bullshit that Daz, Kurupt and other niggas from that era put out just based on nostalgia. I don't because they suck.

And I never blamed hip-hop if you actually read what I said. If anybody is to blame, its people that go out and buy the watered-down poppy bullshit. They reinforce the idea that wacked out bullshit is preferred.

And please don't come at me with that "music is a business" bullshit: I know all about the business, but that's not where I'm coming from. I'm coming at the state of hip-hop as a fan of hip-hop, and as a REAL fan, I can praise hip-hop that's good and equally clown hip-hop that's piss-poor. I still support QUALITY hip-hop til this day, but I will never buy or accept most of the shit out today.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE