Author Topic: Shouldn't Relapse "Bagpipes From Baghdad" been about Iraq, and not Nick Cannon?  (Read 1162 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
To me this is the problem with Eminem's new album.  Dre hooked him up with a sound that is comparable to the Eminem Show.  Yet this album falls well short of the Eminem show because of Eminem's lack of content.  "Bagpipes From Baghdad" is the perfect example.  Because the sound reminds me of "Square Dance", where in the second verse of "Square Dance" he talks about Iraq and America's War in the Middle East.   If Em could of came with something like that for "Bagpipes From Baghdad" it would have been perfect.  But instead he came with rhymes about Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey that had nothing to do with the beat and chorus.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:41:26 AM by Prescribed By Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

i agree, this song has everything, its a banger, eminem flow is great but wtf, talking about nick cannon and mariah and bagpipes from baghdad..LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The verses support the chorus.
Chorus basically says Shady is a lunatic that'll say random shit for attention.
Verses demonstrate that through examples.

Additionally, the track serves as an example of Shady's general problem with having a stable relationship with women.  His frustrations take the form of hatred because he can't solve the problem facing him.  Think about it's placement between Lunatic and Hello.

Questions I have do you think this this is supposed to be funny as in silly?

I don't.  When I hear it, I pick up on some minor comedic elements but I think it's a mistake to assume this is supposed to be silly.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:03:39 AM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
yep, beat is doooope

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
beats sick, but yeah; when i saw the title i was like alright this is going to be his "Square Dance" or "Mosh" of this album, but no lol.

Hittman2001

fuck nick cannon

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
fuck nick cannon

i dont think that was the skit, but i remember he was yelling at his son & said that; i was DYING! :laugh:

i miss Dave. :-\

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Most rappers, and music artists in general, are too stupid to tackle a political subject like the Middle East and Iraq. So Eminem is way too stupid to do it. I'd rather read a book about Hip Hop by Jimmy Carter.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 05:18:28 PM by Shallow »

thisoneguy360

This beat is a BANGER. Dre came correct on this album.

Sikotic™

Most rappers, and music artists in general, are too stupid to tackle a political subject like the Middle East and Iraq. So Eminem is was too stupid to do it. I'd rather read a book about Hip Hop by Jimmy Carter.
that would be an interesting read.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
eminem still rapping?  he goes up there with with some of the fakest rappers. eminem is far from crazy vato loco
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Sikotic™

eminem still rapping?  he goes up there with with some of the fakest rappers. eminem is far from crazy vato loco
He was real crazy until he got caught up with those assault charges. Then he was a defenseless well-mannered man with his glasses on n shit lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
He was real crazy until he got caught up with those assault charges. Then he was a defenseless well-mannered man with his glasses on n shit lol.
lol eye remember hearing some shit back in the day. he was threatening some nigga with a gun over Kim and the gun wasnte even loaded. eye guess at least these white boys have someone they can relate to physically
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

ThisIsTheWestCoast.com

• 'G'
i agree, this song has everything, its a banger, eminem flow is great but wtf, talking about nick cannon and mariah and bagpipes from baghdad..LOL

exactly.  it also shows that dre's falling off also.  cause how did dre not make em re-do the track and so on.  the tracks is a banger but the content of the track makes no sense what so ever.  i wish em would go back to the pills and put good music out

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
For the most part if ya in the industry that means ya not in the streets.  Ya in the booth which means if ya yapping ya mouth about some shit it either happened before ya took up the music or ya saying this is a scenario that I know has happened or ya just telling a story.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks