Author Topic: Proof that SHTTBG is not the real album...  (Read 711 times)

acgrundy

Proof that SHTTBG is not the real album...
« on: May 10, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »
There is not a single skit on the album.  There is not even an intro.  Rappers are addicted to skits like Internet Legends are addicted to post counts.  It can't happen.  There hasn't been an rap album made in the past 15 years that doesn't have at least 1 skit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it leaked and I like the songs, but I know for a fact that it is not the real tracklist due to not a single skit.

Lunatic

Re: Proof that SHTTBG is not the real album...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
There hasn't been an rap album made in the past 15 years that doesn't have at least 1 skit.
Not that I disagree with u this ain't the real album imo, (i don't know that for fact, nor am I putting that out there as fact, just guessing)

but the quoted part I left is a pretty big statement which is 100% false.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »
theres barely any solo's and half these tracks were leaked already

thats proof to me
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
i find it hard to believe that in the last 15 years their hasn't been an album with one skit.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 06:32:43 PM »
i find it hard to believe that in the last 15 years their hasn't been an album with one skit.
T.I. - Trap Muzik
T.I. - Urban Legend
T.I. - Paper Trail
Scarface Presents: The Product

4 off the top of the dome without a skit, intro or outro. All straight songs.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

EFFeX

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:34:11 PM »
It's obviously not the real thing, it's almost common knowledge that some of these songs aren't even from SHTTBG.

By the way, the Intro is on the LSN/DRF snippets, so one DOES exist, but it wasn't included on this project.

It is important to note though that FTP sold "Say Hi To The Bad Guy THE EP", they semi-acknowledge it's not the album, but don't correct people when they assume it's the album.

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 06:34:38 PM »
I would say that most of what's there on the album is real.  It's just not all there.  Look at the tracklist for LSN's version.  There are tracks on that one that aren't on this one (including an intro).  I doubt that was the final version either.  But I think both versions have songs that were recorded to be on "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."

Quadruple OG

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
there never was a finalized tracklist for SHTTBG. Plus some of the songs on here were not even meant for SHTTBG, such as "DOllaz in my hand", which was an Untouchable era track

EFFeX

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 06:37:27 PM »
I would say that most of what's there on the album is real.  It's just not all there.  Look at the tracklist for LSN's version.  There are tracks on that one that aren't on this one (including an intro).  I doubt that was the final version either.  But I think both versions have songs that were recorded to be on "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."

Agree... I think that the cross-over tracks between the FTP and LSN tapes are closer to being the real things. However, that still isn't CONCRETE proof, that just shows that FTP chose to release tracks that other people have so they could keep the rare stuff to themselves.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »
There hasn't been an rap album made in the past 15 years that doesn't have at least 1 skit.
Not that I disagree with u this ain't the real album imo, (i don't know that for fact, nor am I putting that out there as fact, just guessing)

I think he was being sarcastic with the skit statement.

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
there never was a finalized tracklist for SHTTBG. Plus some of the songs on here were not even meant for SHTTBG, such as "DOllaz in my hand", which was an Untouchable era track

Right.  Or "Gangsta Rap" which was an unused version of the track on "DPG 2002."  But I would bet that most of what's on that album are tracks that were, at one time or another, intended to be used for "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."

acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 06:43:31 PM »

I think he was being sarcastic with the skit statement.

Bingo

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 09:59:08 PM »
all eyez on me had no skits
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »
more proof: GANGSTABOOGY posted it :D

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 10:03:16 PM »
I thought it pretty much went without saying that the FPE bootleg was not an intended version of the actual album.