Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 1017 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
Have to jump in on this one because I am a huge fan of Wolverine the character and I have to say that the movie was absolutely terrible. I'm not the biggest Trekkie but Star Trek blows Wolverine out of the water. They PG'd his harater to death. They made Sabretooth his brother for no reason. It's bad a enough he's such a sap with Jean Gray they have to give him another stupid girl to pine over. Having adamantium bullets make him lose his memory was almost as stupid as being able to predict that adamantium bullets would make him lose his memory. The whole film was suxh a mess. Most Marvel films are though. Punisher Warzone was great though. It didn't attempt to be anything more than it was and God bless them for it.

I'm neither a Trekkie or Marvel fantast
(I used to read the comics as a kid,but don't remember details like sabretooth story and what not).
I'm a outsider and judge them from that standpoint.  ;)

The Marvel movies for the most part is targeted at kids,so they lack the edge.
But Wolverine got the edge I was missing,so.....

I saw no edge. I may be a comic fan but I'm not one of those fans that needs the film to follow the book. My main complaint with Iron Man was it stayed to true too the book in some parts. Wolverine was simply a bad movie. You want Edge? Watch Punisher Warzone.

I don't care that Sabretooth was his brother. Shit he was originally intended to be his father. I just don't see why you'd want to kill your brother for pretending to kill your girlfriend. A lot of shit was just stupid in that film.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »
I see your point,will check punisher asap. you don't happen to have rapidshare links handy?

I downloaded it as a torrent.

I really don't know why it was so panned. I guess people got so used to stupid kiddie Marvel films trying to be more than they are and attempting complex themes like equating the muntant gene with homosexuality and stupid shit like that.Punisher is a story about an ex soldier to takes revenge for his murdered family by killing every fucking low life he gets his hands on. he's Batman with a set of balls. Nothing more than that.

Besides that, I just love the way it's shot and the tone it sets. It's a little weird, but very dark tone that really makes the movie look different. It's not winning any Oscars, but what makes it so great is that it doesn't pretend to think it should win any Oscars, which is what kills most of Marvels films for me.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 10:37:37 PM »
I see your point,will check punisher asap. you don't happen to have rapidshare links handy?

I downloaded it as a torrent.

Don't worry I'll find links. it's fairly new right?

Yeah, last year.

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »
It was okay. Not bad for a summer movie.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 05:10:39 AM »
seen it the other day, it just felt cheesy and they were throwing random stuff around hoping it would stick. I lost interest half way through the film. good action but nothing that will make me want to see this movie again like the other terminator flicks. T2>T1>>T3>>>>>T4

big fail, hopefully McG retires. like some have said this feels like what batman and robin (T4) were to Darknight (T2, T1)

...you call this cheesy but then you say T3 is better?

sorry, cant take that seriously.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »
seen it the other day, it just felt cheesy and they were throwing random stuff around hoping it would stick. I lost interest half way through the film. good action but nothing that will make me want to see this movie again like the other terminator flicks. T2>T1>>T3>>>>>T4

big fail, hopefully McG retires. like some have said this feels like what batman and robin (T4) were to Darknight (T2, T1)

...you call this cheesy but then you say T3 is better?

sorry, cant take that seriously.

Well I always thought T3 was underrated. had great action scenes and the ending was much better. but it did the job for me. Now T4, I get that its suppose to be about after the bombs fell but they just had way to many holes in the story and add the fact that the acting wasnt great. I guess im just not a fan of McG's way of directing.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 03:06:44 PM »
I loved Transformers and usually I hate movies like that

DIP DIP SET SET

Jaydc555

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »
I loved transformers.that was a michael bay film.Pearl harbor was awful but I enjoyed the island and bad boys movies

music440aa

• Lil Geezy
  • 440AA
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »
at first i didn't to much care about checking out this movie,  but now im interested . Good ish i'll go see it this weekend

“Our ability to dream lies in our need to create.”
440 Artist Alignment

herpes

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 09:59:47 PM »
I was really hyped to see this movie but from all the reviews it seems like it was a very disappointing flick.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 10:16:13 AM »
just seen it and thought it would be disappointing

but i really like it

8.6/10

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »
i enjoyed this movie quite a bit didnt find the acting to be too bad. some corny scenes but other then that great movie. LMAO at T3 > TS thats just wrong in so many ways  ::)
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

In A Real Way

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 03:12:35 PM »
It was great hearing Guns N Roses ''You Could Be Mine'' again in Terminator Salvation just like in T2.
The movie is a great action movie. But you can't make a real Terminator without Arnold!
They did the best they could!

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
I really liked this movie... Way better than T3, that's for certain.

I really like the way they filmed the chopper crash when John Connor was flying it in the beginning. The action scenes were good.
My Future Wife:

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 07:57:22 AM »
I thought it was a good movie.  My personal favorites were T2 next T1, then T4, finally T3 (thought it was a good movie to setup a new series of movies...sometimes you have to sacrifice for that)

The thing that I liked about T1 and T2 was the villains.  They were unstoppable and just when you thought Arnold was unstoppable in the first one, t1000 came out (still the best to me), t3 fell back with the chick though. 

Only thing I didn't like about Salvation was the relentlessness missing that was present in the other movies.  Action was great, however in spots.

I