Author Topic: What Y'all Think Of Fame (OG) - 2Pac ft. KOKANE, The Outlawz & SPICE 1  (Read 1431 times)

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
What I think about the track, I realize that amaru didn't change every track 2pac made just a few as far as the beats ;)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

OG Hack Wilson

amazing record
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

What I think about the track, I realize that amaru didn't change every track 2pac made just a few as far as the beats ;)

umm what????  they raped the last 4 albums
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

cheali

• Lil Geezy
amazing, listen to pac's adlibs at 2:42...he imitates a chicken or something like this...that's definately funny.

Mietek23

didnt hurt-em-bad, man behind Makaveli LP produce that song?
oh and it bangin ;D

Fame was produced by Tyrone Wrice

Fame was meant for the One Nation record. According to Kokane, this song was done 1 or 2 days before Pac went to Vegas. So IMO, this could possibly be the last track Pac ever recorded in LA, cause he also did some tracks in Vegas the same day he got shot.Like I said this might have been Pac's last song recorded in Cali

'Pac didn't record anything in Vegas. His last session was made in Can-Am Studios the night before the shooting. Check out the documentary "Tupac: A Hip Hop Genius" - there are interviews with Makaveli engineers and musicans from this session. They've said that 'Pac came to do only the Mike Tyson song but after the layed his verse he ask one of them "how much studio time we have left?" and the guy said "We have 12 hours". So 'Pac said "I'm not going to Vegas for about 6 hours so we gonna do some more songs" so they recorded a couple more tracks...

2euce 7even

first off, it´s one of those tracks that fans (like me) dreamed of to hear someday and it happend.
2. kokane and spice 1 are on the song together with pac.
3.everyone ripped it (esp. kokane).

but the beat is kinda strange...i get the feeling that 2 drum-loops are played at the same time.thats why the other guy "talked shit" about the beat.

good track.

Mietek23

A mix of OG Acapella and Better Dayz beat would be the shit 8)

OG Hack Wilson

A mix of OG Acapella and Better Dayz beat would be the shit 8)

agreed  that'd be nice

but the OG beat is fine

smile4menow

• 'G'
One of the worst beats I've ever heard, it sucks just like the released version... it's a shame because I remember that interview with 2Pac singing the chorus, like he really believed in this track but I still don't see why, it sounds terrible.

Are you serious? it is exactly what pac said in the interview. The beat goes perfect with the track and all the adlibs complete it. Would it be a number 1 single? no. not every pac track ws ment to be a single or commercial success. However, these are IMO his best work. Fuck the lawzz for what they did and continue to do to his work.

OG Hack Wilson

hey Smile4menow

after Pac's Life failed to go platinum hopefully we won't have to worry about bullshit remix albums for a little while

JohnnyL

hey Smile4menow

after Pac's Life failed to go platinum hopefully we won't have to worry about bullshit remix albums for a little while

Y'know, I agree with you about most of the remixes being horrible, but thinking about it, it's mostly the Amaru remixes that are the worst.  I mean, I would prefer that the beats just be left original whenever possible, or at least changed very little.  But listening to some of the Death Row 2pac remixes, I feel that they at least they had a better grasp of how to remix his material than Amaru.  Granted, they messed up some of the remixes too (Some of the Nu-Mixx remixes weren't that great).  But it seems like when Death Row remixed his music, they didn't over think it.  They kept the remixes simple.  For instance, the remixes Big Hutch did on "TG4R."  Even that latest mix that just leaked from Kurupt's "Against the Grain" album is a pretty good mix.  (Way better IMO, than the remix that was officially used).
  Where I think Amaru has gone wrong so many times with remixing Pac's vocals to me, is it seems like they try to give too many of his songs a pop feel.  It seems like they were really happy with how "Changes" was received, so they try to recapture the magic with every remix they do.  This seems evident in songs like "Until the End of Time" (both retail mixes), "Runnin' (Eminem Remix)" "Ghetto Gospel" (Eminem Remix), "Niggaz Nature" (Retail Remix on UTEOT album), and "My Block" (Better Dayz Remix). Just a thought.

OG Hack Wilson

eminem's remixes were the worst in my opinion

and yes THE 2000'S POP REMIXES never go right!  fuck a trick daddy, fuck ashanti, lil moo or RL

smile4menow

• 'G'
hey Smile4menow

Well we all know that's not gonna happen, the next album will be more of the same. Hopefully WA helps remove afenis head from her ass, that is our last hope. If WA puts out a hit then maybe just maybe afeni will wake up.

JohnnyL

hey Smile4menow

Well we all know that's not gonna happen, the next album will be more of the same. Hopefully WA helps remove afenis head from her ass, that is our last hope. If WA puts out a hit then maybe just maybe afeni will wake up.

You know, I know Wideawake said that they only have 13 tracks to work with.  But I'm hoping that if their album sells half-way decent, they'll at least be able to talk Amaru into letting them release the OG tracks of songs that Amaru has already released re-mixes for.  I don't even know why Amaru would care if Wideawake puts out the originals of already released songs, but it would be a big deal to me.  I'd love to be able to have retail pressed up cds of the OGs.  Even if they're already leaked OG's.

OG Hack Wilson

Amaru doesn't want to make extra money

they're fucking idiots....the cost of clearing samples is nothing!  especailly when if you release the songs in OG format THEY'RE ALREADY DONE