Author Topic: Deathrow's "Graphic Artist" Shot To Death  (Read 319 times)

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
Deathrow's "Graphic Artist" Shot To Death
« on: October 19, 2002, 04:37:22 AM »
A former Death Row Records employee was shot to death as he sat in his parked vehicle at an intersection in what police are calling a gang-related shooting.

Henry Smith, 33, was killed about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday as he waited in his sports utility vehicle while his girlfriend used as a pay phone, police said. The
gunman walked up to the vehicle, leaned into the car and fired five or six shots.

Witnesses said the attacker dropped his gun, then picked it up and fled on a bicycle. The witnesses said the girlfriend's infant was in the car but wasn't hurt.

"It appears to be a senseless, gang-related shooting," said Officer Jason Lee, a Los Angeles police spokesman.

No arrests have been made.

Smith had worked as a graphic artist for Death Row Records, designing the firm's logo, a hooded man in an electric chair. He is the third associate of Death Row chief Marion "Suge" Knight to be gunned down in recent years

Last April, former Knight associate Alton McDonald, 37, was shot to death as he pumped gas at a Los Angeles service station. Sheriff's deputies said the shots were fired from a pickup truck that drove away after the attack. No arrests have been made.

McDonald was in Las Vegas with Knight and rap star Tupac Shakur in 1996 when Shakur was slain and Knight wounded in a drive-by shooting, court documents show.

All three men had been involved in a hotel lobby scuffle hours before Shakur was killed that was captured by a hotel surveillance camera. Knight was jailed as a result of that incident after a judge determined that the rap executive had violated his probation on a previous assault conviction.

Knight was released from prison last year.
40oz Graphire

Funkadelic

Re:Deathrow's "Graphic Artist" Shot To Death
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 05:40:35 AM »
R.I.P

Seems that you better shouldn't work for Tha Row, or you will be killed. That's gangster, but really mad.

closetothalimit

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 07:14:14 AM »
damn, May He Rest In Peace

Death Row is really living up to it's name and it looks like Suge Knight is the grim reaper.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2002, 09:53:26 AM »
He is the third associate of Death Row chief Marion "Suge" Knight to be gunned down in recent years

All three men had been involved in a hotel lobby scuffle hours before Shakur was killed that was captured by a hotel surveillance camera.

[Insert X-Files music]

R.I.P. though...

bez

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2002, 03:17:30 PM »
fuck death row.  I love em for the old school shit but I dont like the way nearly everyone who seems to be involved with them ends 6 feet under.

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 03:44:52 PM »
Wasn't Joe Cool a graphic artist?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 10:55:50 PM »
Wasn't Joe Cool a graphic artist?

yeah but he is the dogg pound's homie.  And I think he might be dead, not sure though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2002, 10:58:54 PM »
RIP

Smooth

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2002, 11:16:03 PM »
R.I.P
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2002, 11:26:30 PM »
R.I.P

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2002, 06:20:07 AM »
Harry O be runnin things from inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2002, 08:41:35 AM »
work for tha row and u'll end up 6 feet deep...R.I.P.

dexter

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2002, 08:25:51 AM »
RIP