Author Topic: Chronic relit BONUS songs are...  (Read 1473 times)

West-West Y'All

• Lil Geezy
Re: Chronic relit BONUS songs are...
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
What's the release date again?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2009, 11:19:23 AM »
damn. i thought they were gonna be Chronic left-overs >:(

on a side note, I'm sure these bonus tracks will be dope. But will they be released in CDQ?

I'm assuming they would be CDQ, and a preview of projects to come because Smoke Enough Bud was from Jewell's album.

EFFeX

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
I don't mean to be that guy, but I called this a while ago...

Unreleased music is cool, but I knew it wouldn't be the track people were REALLY looking for.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »
I don't mean to be that guy, but I called this a while ago...

Unreleased music is cool, but I knew it wouldn't be the track people were REALLY looking for.

Yeah man, I wanted to see some unreleased Dr. Dre records. Lol.

EFFeX

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »
Overall, looks pretty good.  A little disappointing that it looks like no new Dr. Dre tracks.  Also, I'm not sure why they seem to be unaware of the fact that Lady of Rage released her
album.  I'm guessing that's just an oversight though.  Being that Death Row is under new ownership now, something like that was bound to happen.  Someone should probably send them an e-mail though to let them know that that particular material has already been released.  Being that this is scheduled for a September 1st release, it's probably too late to change that on here.  But it's something they should probably still be aware of for future releases.  Considering the "unreleased material" is bound to be a major selling point with a lot of people, for all of their future releases, they actually would probably appreciate knowing.
  I'm still waiting for an official announcement from Wideawake about the final track list.  But I would imagine that this list is real.

If they don't know that an entire album was actually pressed and released... Imagine what else they don't know.

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »
If it is true that dre doesnt want to release his old material: FUCK DRE! Propably he doesnt like it that people listen to his wack beats... Dre you never be the Quincy Jones of RAP!

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
If it is true that dre doesnt want to release his old material: FUCK DRE! Propably he doesnt like it that people listen to his wack beats... Dre you never be the Quincy Jones of RAP!

It's his material, Wide Awake had no part in creating it - so I would rather give the artist freedom and not here it than do the typical greedy thing.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »
Overall, looks pretty good.  A little disappointing that it looks like no new Dr. Dre tracks.  Also, I'm not sure why they seem to be unaware of the fact that Lady of Rage released her
album.  I'm guessing that's just an oversight though.  Being that Death Row is under new ownership now, something like that was bound to happen.  Someone should probably send them an e-mail though to let them know that that particular material has already been released.  Being that this is scheduled for a September 1st release, it's probably too late to change that on here.  But it's something they should probably still be aware of for future releases.  Considering the "unreleased material" is bound to be a major selling point with a lot of people, for all of their future releases, they actually would probably appreciate knowing.
  I'm still waiting for an official announcement from Wideawake about the final track list.  But I would imagine that this list is real.
yeah Wideawake has now given the impression that they're amateurs  :P

hey, i understand that you're disappointed, but i don't understand why you're so frustrated about it: it's just a few tracks you know.
besides, shouldn't you be blaming Wideawake? they promised Chronic leftovers, not Dre (unless this news turns out to be false)

Matty

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2009, 12:14:46 PM »
so the bonus songs have nothing/little to do with the original album, except the fact they were recorded for the same record label. bit of waste of time if you ask me, better to have just 1 or 2 relevant bonus songs than a load of random stuff...

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009, 12:18:50 PM »
hey, i understand that you're disappointed, but i don't understand why you're so frustrated about it: it's just a few tracks you know.
besides, shouldn't you be blaming Wideawake? they promised Chronic leftovers, not Dre (unless this news turns out to be false)

Homie, i expect tracks like hoe hopper, Ratatatat OG Version or Mr. Officer... thats the thing i been waiting for since 2002

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

EFFeX

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2009, 12:28:30 PM »

Homie, i expect tracks like hoe hopper, Ratatatat OG Version or Mr. Officer... thats the thing i been waiting for since 2002

This is why WIDEAwake needs a fan forum, they have NO IDEA what the fans are looking forward to hearing.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »

ok, but are you sure that you're not giving the songs too much value?

i mean i can imagine that you would be very happy if you received the tracks one day.
but don't you think that the happiness will only last shorty?
i mean i'm sure you would continue to enjoy the songs in the long run, but i'm quite sure that the excitement will go away.

ikke

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2009, 12:37:33 PM »
This needs to be a 20 year aniversary print, otherwise it sucks

MarshColin

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »
Their original idea was good, but it appears that Dre didn't give them the time of day about it so they can't include his unreleased shit. All u guys saying fuck Dre for not working with them on this need to shut the fuck up. Dre has his mind on 50's album and Detox and those are bigger projects than you or I can imagine.

When WideAwake first realized Dre wasnt fucking with them they should've scrapped it and realize that they should wait until after he's finished Detox to do this project because then he might actually have time to help them and play a part in the release.

Invincible

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »
For people who wont know yet, the songs are:

Snoop Dogg - Smoke On   
Jewel - Smoke Enough Bud   
Lady Of Rage - Sho Shot
Snoop Dogg - Touch Down
Snoop Dogg - Poor Young Dave   
Dogg Pound - Dogg Collar   
CPO - Dark Funk Stroll

Does anyone even know who produced all these tracks? Could be a load of Dre productions.