Author Topic: The 2000's classic albums  (Read 2039 times)

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: The 2000's classic albums
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 10:48:08 AM »
saying that eminem isn't hip-hop is as dumb as saying Elvis wasn't rock n roll. saying that eminem is hip-hop-rock hybrid is even dumber.
I mean, no offence, but dude, something is really fucked up with your brains, or whatever you have up there...

sure.... as you know what Hip Hop is.....  :P :P :P :P :-X
Hope your white hero commit suicide...
Benzino was right all along,Jimmy and Interscope really killed Hip Hop.  :-[

Im really too lazy to discuss about eminem music, with some1 who probably only heard few songs, so i'll just post a random freestyle of his

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 10:55:49 AM »
saying that eminem isn't hip-hop is as dumb as saying Elvis wasn't rock n roll. saying that eminem is hip-hop-rock hybrid is even dumber.
I mean, no offence, but dude, something is really fucked up with your brains, or whatever you have up there...

sure.... as you know what Hip Hop is.....  :P :P :P :P :-X
Hope your white hero commit suicide...
Benzino was right all along,Jimmy and Interscope really killed Hip Hop.  :-[

Im really too lazy to discuss about eminem music, with some1 who probably only heard few songs, so i'll just post a random freestyle of his

lol Vader is just stirring up shit, haha :laugh:

he has listened all of Eminem's albums and maybe he's still bumping them on a regular basis, we don't know.

anyway, Vader, Black eyed peas is hip hop  :-X :oi: :rant: :stop: :baseballbat: :stir: :psych: :tosser: :bomb: :grumpy: :puke: :scarface: :loopaper: :spam:  :banana_rock:

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »
LOL at Cypress doing gangster rap

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »

sure they´re a little alternative.... but still  ;)

Ice T; Gansgter rap (Check; 1;15-1;33)  ;) maybe you want to argue with Ice T?  :laugh: :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HA37DD3vJIo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HA37DD3vJIo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

One of the forefathers.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2009, 11:17:24 AM »
Cypress hill made a nigga understand, how i could just kill a man

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »
Vader you can also group Scarface, Geto Boys and 99% of Rap-A-Lot in that non hip hop category of gangster rap too. I know, I know, it is Houston, TX people but it is gangster as fuck out there and I heard Face talk about it so he is just as guilty as Cube.  ;)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »
Vader you can also group Scarface, Geto Boys and 99% of Rap-A-Lot in that non hip hop category of gangster rap too.
I know, I know, it is Houston, TX people but it is gangster as fuck out there and I heard Face talk about it so he is just as guilty as Cube.  ;)

sure!!! Gangster rap is the bastard child of Hip Hop,the one we love to hate.  :P
But fuck it,some of the best rap albums ever made is gangster rap.

Too Short once said,that except his first albums.... he took a consciousness move to NOT have scratching on his records because what he does ain't "Hip Hop".

;D

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »

I always thought they were gangster rappers? Have you heard their first album and second album? Pretty much gangster rap. Now they on some rock bullshit but back then they were talking bout guns, drugs, and all the other cliche gangster rap topics.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2009, 12:16:45 PM »

I always thought they were gangster rappers? Have you heard their first album and second album? Pretty much gangster rap. Now they on some rock bullshit but back then they were talking bout guns, drugs, and all the other cliche gangster rap topics.

Ha me and Vader just fucking around.

I am probably one of the biggest Cypress Hill, Muggs, Soul Assassins, House Of Pain, Funkdoobiest, etc fan out there. Got ALL they albums. Yeah I consider most of they material gangsta rap but a good majority of it is smoking weed and tripping out on it. Then they also had alot of str8 hip hop tracks as well.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »
My bad staying on topic, here is one of my selections for classics from the 2000's

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2009, 12:47:09 PM »

I am probably one of the biggest Cypress Hill, Muggs, Soul Assassins, House Of Pain, Funkdoobiest, etc fan out there. Got ALL they albums. Yeah I consider most of they material gangster rap but a good majority of it is smoking weed and tripping out on it. Then they also had alot of str8 hip hop tracks as well.

probably? you are....  :laugh:
Cypress has pretty much covered every genre of rap  :P.... if I was to put a label on their music,I would call their music alternative gangster rap.

My favorite Cypress affiliate track (Muggs was in the group)  ;)
7A3 - Why? produced by Johnny Rivers and Linda Never

Nah I have met some other DIE HARD cypress fans. Vader, how about Face's last 2 albums. Do you think either Made or Emeritus are classics or is it too early to say.

Okka

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »
I'm a big fan of Cypress Hill too, "Black Sunday" was my first rap CD ever. They do have a lot of "Gangsta" material but i still don't consider their music "Gangsta Rap". It's a shame how many people sleep on them on this forum, there's a few hardcore Cypress Hill fans here though but that's about it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:08:52 PM by Okka »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
Wow can some of you niggas learn the difference between a classic and albums that you just enjoy? No fuckin way should I be seeing Knoc-turn'al or DPG (other than Dogg Food) on here. Hell I love Joe Budden's music but you won't see me calling his album a fuckin classic.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ikke

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2009, 01:18:52 PM »
speaking of cypress hill, is it too early to call smoke n mirrors classic 8)?

Chad Vader

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2009, 02:47:53 PM »

I am probably one of the biggest Cypress Hill, Muggs, Soul Assassins, House Of Pain, Funkdoobiest, etc fan out there. Got ALL they albums. Yeah I consider most of they material gangster rap but a good majority of it is smoking weed and tripping out on it. Then they also had alot of str8 hip hop tracks as well.

probably? you are....  :laugh:
Cypress has pretty much covered every genre of rap  :P.... if I was to put a label on their music,I would call their music alternative gangster rap.

My favorite Cypress affiliate track (Muggs was in the group)  ;)
7A3 - Why? produced by Johnny Rivers and Linda Never

The 7A3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7A3
7A3 was a hip hop group from California that released one album in 1988 called Coolin' in Cali. The group was composed of two brothers, Brett and Sean Bouldin,
and DJ Muggs, who later achieved greater fame with Cypress Hill.

The group's sole album and two of its singles performed moderately well on the U.S. charts.

A song of theirs, "Mad, Mad World", was released on the Colors soundtrack.

Nah I have met some other DIE HARD cypress fans. Vader, how about Face's last 2 albums.
Do you think either Made or Emeritus are classics or is it too early to say.

solid albums... but due to fact that he's from the south,his albums is for the most part overlooked.  :-\ :-\
I bet when they're writing books about rap music's history in about 20-30 years,Scarface will be mentioned with few words  :-\.
But if dude was from NYC or LA the story would look very different.  :P :P :-\