Author Topic: 8 Mile  (Read 882 times)

E. J. Rizo

8 Mile
« on: November 09, 2002, 03:12:05 AM »
great movie....big ups for eminem for doing his thing....he was a great actor in that film....i think this movie is off the hook everyone on this board should check it out......eminem fan or not!!!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:8 Mile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 10:38:27 AM »
horrible movie, but Eminem did some great acting

it was cheesy, it was so hollywoodized its not even funny,

thank god i snuck in and we didnt spend $13.50
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

bez

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 10:59:28 AM »
it comes out over here in feb, why a fucking long wait, by then ppl will of already download the film. and everyone will of read reviews about it and shit, no point.

Peter-5150

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 11:49:20 AM »
I saw this last night, Em's acting was better than expected. His mom had a funny accent that just rubbed me the wrong way. The ending was so-so. The high point of this movie had to be the awesome battle scenes. If your a hip hop fan you should probably see this just for the battles. In a way it is a "Rocky" type movie as people have been saying. The movie is good but it could have been better.

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 12:17:53 PM »

ohweeee, cant wait til infinite sees this thread, lol....anyways the movie was cool, better than i expected but nothing like, WOW OMG!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2002, 02:02:50 PM »
GOOD movie

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 02:42:59 PM »

ohweeee, cant wait til infinite sees this thread, lol....anyways the movie was cool, better than i expected but nothing like, WOW OMG!

Hollywoodized?  What was hollywoodized about that movie?  Nothing out of the ordinary happened.  I can't think of a movie more true to life than 8 mile.  I mean, be real, think of other movies that are out right now and tell me which ones seem "hollywoodized."  I mean.. just thinkin of the previews, one movie was for some silly superhero that flies in and saves the world, another one was some CIA movie with someone threatening to kill the world and they save the day.... anyway....

Yo... I saw it.  My expectations were through the roof and the movie met every single one of them.  Like my homeboy H20Proof (Jeff) said... "Just the battles were worth the price of admission."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2002, 10:04:37 PM »
Ill movie...Very inspiring...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2002, 11:54:43 PM »

Hollywoodized?  What was hollywoodized about that movie?  Nothing out of the ordinary happened.  I can't think of a movie more true to life than 8 mile.  I mean, be real, think of other movies that are out right now and tell me which ones seem "hollywoodized."  I mean.. just thinkin of the previews, one movie was for some silly superhero that flies in and saves the world, another one was some CIA movie with someone threatening to kill the world and they save the day.... anyway....

Yo... I saw it.  My expectations were through the roof and the movie met every single one of them.  Like my homeboy H20Proof (Jeff) said... "Just the battles were worth the price of admission."

the battles were dope..yeah... but the movie was nothing i expected nor was it that good

like 2.5 or 3/5 thats it

the movie only slightly resembled his real life which is alot more interesting that this movie, the movie was garbage , the story was dumb

eminem lives in trailer...chokes during battle..fucks chick....sees mom fuck chick...chick fucks next dude...next dude gets beat up...em gets beat up...in the last romantic scene the brave hero Eminem destroys all of Detorit on stage...and he lived happily ever after...... ::)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2002, 12:50:01 AM »

the battles were dope..yeah... but the movie was nothing i expected nor was it that good

like 2.5 or 3/5 thats it

the movie only slightly resembled his real life which is alot more interesting that this movie, the movie was garbage , the story was dumb

eminem lives in trailer...chokes during battle..fucks chick....sees mom fuck chick...chick fucks next dude...next dude gets beat up...em gets beat up...in the last romantic scene the brave hero Eminem destroys all of Detorit on stage...and he lived happily ever after...... ::)

So this movie is basicly just "Purple Rain" 2002..then

Puple Rain is one of my favorite flick's no doubt.....I'll watch it tommorow.
fuck it..

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2002, 12:51:18 AM »
Snoop Dogg got a boob job!!!  lol I love that part.  Did anyone know that they strategically mantioned Dr. Dre and Rakim in the movie?

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2002, 01:27:17 AM »
Snoop Dogg got a boob job!!!  lol I love that part.  Did anyone know that they strategically mantioned Dr. Dre and Rakim in the movie?

Yo... where does it say that?  I guess that was the part that I went to the bathroom.  Damn!

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2002, 01:37:47 AM »
Very good movie. Its really inspiring and I could feel the emotions and shit. I dunno why some people were expecting some groundbreaking film. It delivered very well. And your hearing this from a guy who is sick of Eminem so go figure lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2002, 03:49:18 AM »
Very good movie. Its really inspiring and I could feel the emotions and shit. I dunno why some people were expecting some groundbreaking film. It delivered very well. And your hearing this from a guy who is sick of Eminem so go figure lol.

That's a good way of putting it, "you could feel the emotions."   So true.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2002, 12:16:35 PM »

Yo... where does it say that?  I guess that was the part that I went to the bathroom.  Damn!

They said that in one of the battles...