Author Topic: Best West Coast Alternative Hip-Hop Song  (Read 1114 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Best West Coast Alternative Hip-Hop Song
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
Rappers such as Mac Mall, Ray Luv count as well. But in my opinion they aren't dropping albums worth picking up.
That Mac to the Future wasn't a good album to me.

I'd rather listen to the new Willie Isz.

the P . I . C . T . U . R . E

Related threads;
Mac Mall; Mac To The Future
+
Vader's Mac Mall discography breakdown;

But going against the grain is your thing ain't it?

Since when are you the grain? Check your ego at the door. Only two people even commented on the album.  :D

I'm from the bay homie. Don't even try and tell me about mac mall. Thizz ain't what it is anymore.

Chad Vader

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2009, 10:11:03 PM »
Rappers such as Mac Mall, Ray Luv count as well. But in my opinion they aren't dropping albums worth picking up.

Related threads;
+

Since when are you the grain? Check your ego at the door. Only two people even commented on the album.  :D

I'm from the bay homie. Don't even try and tell me about Mac Mall. Thizz ain't what it is anymore.

exactly... you said it yourself.  ;D
Why do I have to spoon feed everything to you?

The The Bomb review illustrates "you"; (the subjective opinion;)

(Most of) the artists you mentioned is underground/lesser known artists and/or region favorites and/or personal favorites.

The Source illustrates what I'm trying to explain your stubborn ass; (the neutral opinion)
That to bring up;

underground/lesser known artists and/or region favorites and/or personal favorites.
is pointless....

underground/lesser known artists and/or region favorites and/or personal favorites.
is just what it is.
We can go all day back and forth:
Mac Mall >>>> Freestyle fellowship
Freestyle fellowship >>>>> Mac Mall

It's not a known fact that Mac Mall is better than Freestyle fellowship,and the other way around.  ;)
So lets go back to what's a known fact;
Popular opinion (not popularity) coast to coast is that the gangster rap scene produced better albums than the alternative scene;
Again,I'm bringing in a outsider in to mix;
The Source magazine,sure they're biased. I would like to add album or two to their list myself.... but you get the general idea;  ;)

The Source's Five Mic Albums
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Source_(magazine)#The_Source.27s_Five_Mic_Albums
-N.W.A.; Straight Outta Compton
-The D.O.C; No One Can Do It Better
-Ice Cube; AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
-Ice Cube; Death Certificate
-Dr. Dre; The Chronic
-Snoop Doggy Dogg; Doggystyle
-2Pac; All Eyez On Me
-Dr. Dre; Chronic 2001

I don't see any (west coast) alternative albums listed, do you?  ;D
Knowing your stubborn ass, I'm sure you would like to voice your subjective opinion on  ;D them;
So what west coast albums is missing from The Source Magazines classic list? *POLL*
Note that the albums in the poll,is picked by the DubCC community.
Can't say they listed that many alternative albums either.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:13:08 PM by Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »

Related threads;
+

indeed.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »
Of course its about opinion you putz. This whole thing has been about opinion. What did you think it was about?

Comment on the source (I'll try to answer this seriously, since I find it laughable that you would bring up the source):
Do you see any lesser-known artists in the five mic category? Any at all? Please tell. Do you think its a coincidence that the 5 mic albums are also the ones that made a huge impact (discounting lil kim of course, but I don't think you'd want to bring that album up anyways). I think we've already established that we're not talking about impact here.

And on the dubcc poll you linked to (which has a total of 1 alternative album listed by the way). Why would you show me a poll from this forum? 90% of the people on this forum are gangsta rap fans who don't even listen to alternative rap.  :D Should I go to a different forum with a different fanbase and try my own poll? I'm certain I would get results that support my argument. Fact: you ask a gangsta rap fan what is better, they will say gangsta rap. You ask an alternative rap fan what is better, they will say alternative rap. I happen to be both.

How many people here have listened to The Documentary compared to Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde? It's shameful. Just something to think about. I'm sticking up for the music that doesn't get discussed much here.

Again, I'll repeat myself since you didn't get the picture the first time.

You can't just leave good artists out because they aren't making a national impact. That doesn't make any sense. Take hip hop right now for example. A lot of people are saying hip hop sucks right now, which I disagree with. But according to your logic it would be true, since you aren't counting any of the underground rappers. And another thing. If you asked this forum if the south has the best hip hop scene, most people would disagree since a lot of people hate the south right now. But according to your logic it would be true, since they have the most popular rappers and are making the most impact. Do you get what I'm saying yet? So when I say one scene is better than another scene, popularity has nothing to do with it. Popularity means jack shit. Its not like these guys are myspace rappers. Any hip hop head worth his salt knows about Freestyle Fellowship. And you're trying to tell me they don't count towards one genre being better than another? That's crazy. Rappers such as Mac Mall, Ray Luv count as well. But in my opinion they aren't dropping albums worth picking up. That Mac to the Future wasn't a good album to me. I'd rather listen to the new Willie Isz.

aren't you agreeing with me here anyways?

Any retard knows west coast gangster rap was more popular than west coast alternative. That isn't relevant to this discussion.
What was under discussion, is what scene is better.
And I firmly believe that the current west coast alternative scene is better than the gangster rap scene.

You know what I will go halfway on you on this one. (That is if Hip Hop is included  ;)  :laugh:)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:42:32 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
Everything you've brought up, all the magazine shit, and the poll basically comes down to you saying mainstream  >>> underground. And I disagree with that. That's on some radiotube type of argument.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 01:09:44 AM »
gangsta shit > alternative