Author Topic: How Do You Think Your Team Is Going To Do This Baseball Season?  (Read 1668 times)

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
Of Course Everyone Is Going To Say Their Team Is Going To Win It All - But Give Reason's Why And Why Not

My Team - The Angels

I Like Our Lineup and Pitching Rotation - I'm hoping that Rodney Replaces Fuentes At Closer
Potential Rotation:

Weaver
Santana
Pinero
Kazmir
Saunders

With Fuentes As Set up and Rodney closing - Matt Palmer, Jason Bulger And Kevin Jepsen coming out the Bullpen - only person in the bullpen I don't really trust and they are talking more about him being the set up man is Scott Shields - I never liked him, he always blew big games, I hope he's not the set up man.

Breakout Player For The Team: Eric Aybar

Of Course Kendry Morales Is a Beast - And Matsui At DH, Abreau, Hunter and Wood Has Proven He's A Decent Clutch Hitter - Im hoping he can handle third base now that Chone Is gone to Seattle.

I see us winning the Division rather easily, only really big challenge obviously is Seattle - They came up big, but I think they still lack big bats - Their Pitching is the only thing I'm scared of, it should be a good season.

Lunatic

Re: How Do You Think Your Team Is Going To Do This Baseball Season?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:28:31 AM »
Blue Jays may win a game lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »
win the World Series. 8)

OG Hack Wilson

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »
You made some good points. I do agree that our lineup could use a few more bats, but overall, I think we'll be ok.
Ichiro and Figgins is probably the best 1-2 in baseball. Jose Lopez always puts up good numbers and Guttierez is continuing to improve. Griffey is old but got knee surgery and looks better than he did all of last season, at the very least he'll give us some pop. If Kotchman and Bradley can put up some decent numbers I think we'll be in good shape offensively.

Our pitching staff is obviously our strength. Felix has gotten better every year and is now a legit ace. The Cliff Lee acquisition was huge because it gave our pitching staff (which was first in the AL without Lee) a huge weapon behind Felix. Not only is Lee a great pitcher, but he's now playing in Safeco field, which is a ballpark that can make almost any left handed pitcher look good, I expect him to have a great season. Bedard hasn't been the ace we gave two all stars to get, but he can still be a dominant pitcher when healthy, if he doesn't pitch we'll be ok (he missed most of last season) but if he does we'll be even stronger. Ryan Rowland Smith is also a young pitcher that's gotten much better and is set for a big season.

Overall I like our chances at the West. I'm not gonna count the Angels out cause they still have a dangerous team, but I'm feeling good about this season  8)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 07:34:43 AM »
^^^ Not to mention Seattle is the best fielding team in baseball.  I also wouldn't really count on Griffey doing anything.  He's been pretty bad for years now, he hasn't had a good season since 2005.  I wouldn't expect him to bounce back at the age of 40.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 11:31:59 AM »
^ I'm not lol. But it's worth it having him there. He's a great leader in the clubhouse and made Ichiro feel at home for the first time since he's been here. I'm not expecting a huge season, but he did hit 3 of his 20 hr's in the last 2 weeks of last season, so it's safe to say he at least has some pop left.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
Here's an interesting idea for him:

My half-way crazy plan for Ken Griffey Jr.
Posted by Nick Kapur on Friday September 04th 2009, 2:23 am, filed in Diamond cuts

What should the Mariners do with Ken Griffey Jr. next season? The fans love Junior, and the Mariners love his positive impact in the clubhouse, but his declining performance hinders the ability of an otherwise pretty decent team to contend for a postseason berth.

Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times speaks to some of the value Griffey has had in the clubhouse this season:

He has been the godfather to the parade of young players who have come into the clubhouse. He has been a close friend to the veterans. He has offered advice on pitchers’ and hitters’ tendencies….

He has been good for the club, good for the city and great to have around again.

The thing is, there is a perfectly good way for the Mariners to get all of these benefits without wasting precious at-bats on him: they should simply make him a coach.  They could even pay him the exact same salary, if they think he is that worth it, but please, don’t waste precious at bats on a guy which could be given to better performers just because you like the advice he gives to younger players or his friendly presence in the dugout.

That’s the sensible part of my plan for Griffey. Now here is the slightly crazy part.

The Mariners should sign Griffey to a $1 million “personal services” contract or whatever, and then use him as a coach.  He’s not on the active roster, but he travels with the team, wears a uniform, sits in the dugout, gives advice, etc.  And as long as the Mariners are in contention, they should only put their very best players on the field.

But if Griffey is still interested in playing, here’s what you do.  Let him play in spring training. Let him take batting practice with the team during the season if he wants to. And then, if the Mariners actually do actually fall so far out of contention that they can’t possibly come back, the team should cut its worst player and install Griffey as the DH.  Or else, when the rosters expand in September, add Griffey to the 40-man and put him on the team for a few at-bats down the stretch.

Look, this plan is pretty silly, but if Griffey is already under contract as a coach, the only thing he really costs you is a roster spot, and only a 40-man roster spot at that, if you wait until September.  It’s still probably not the optimal use of resources, but in this darkened age of steroids, Ken Griffey Jr. is the one player who has emerged as still being beloved by pretty much the entire nation, and if he still wants to play a bit, and the fans still love to watch him (which they do), and the Mariners players and staff all love him, I say let him play a bit.

In any case, it’s a decent compromise with the foolishness of giving him so many at-bats this season when the Mariners actually had a shot at contention.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
My team is the expos... Fuuuuuuuck

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »
Seatle is out for that AL West title this year..... i think thats the only team you should have to worry about as an Angel fan.... you guys have it easier too, with only having 4 teams in the AL West.

as far as my team the Dodgers i have to feel optomistic...

although we haven't made any big moves we also haven't lost any big names.... besides maybe Juan Pierre.

Kershaw and Bills are two young aces waiting to happen.... but its the young inexperience that bothers me sometimes.... but when they are on..... they are Dangerous especially Kershaw.... as they get older and experience its only going to get better.....

as far as on the field all our young guys are growing into their own.... Ethier, Kemp, Loney, and so forth also learn and grow with experience..... and They are Beast especially the Kemp and Ethier combo...

Manny will be manny but i expect a better season for him considering he may be playing for a contract and hopefully his wrist injury late last year was the reason for his decline and not just the steroids...lol

all and all i feel good... and i hope they play with a chip on their shoulder after losing to the phillies the last two years in the NLCS... and they need to make sure they bring home for Vin Scully since it may be his last year in the booth....

The potential is there they just need to execute.

I cant wait for the season I already have my opening day tickets :-)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:40:28 AM by E. J. Rizo »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »
les go Yankees
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

sav

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 11:33:07 AM »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »
yankees win it or a-rod is fired...again...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
when was arod fired?  gywo, u on that crack again?  lawl.

anyways, we will win the NL West.  why?  because we are the best team in the NLW BY FAAAAR.  who the fuck knows how we'll do in the playoffs tho....those fucking phillies man.  two years in a row they eliminate us in the NLCS.... if we do the same dance again, then god damn it we better beat em. 

GO DOYERS!

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 12:33:01 PM »
haha jus playin but he did get alot of hate and accordin to wack torre the players would call him a-fraud....how come he didnt say that when he was the manager in ny? lol
exactly
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.