Author Topic: Raiders get themselves a QB!!!!  (Read 1480 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Raiders get themselves a QB!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »
wait so doesnt that make russell not at 100% fault...? lol

you guys could have Peyton Manning & you wouldn't win 8 games lol.

the Raiders are just fucked; if they make the Playoffs within the next 10 seasons (unless Al Davis dies in the next two), i'll be shocked.

Of course it's not all his fault. Dude was thrown as a rookie starting on a team that sucks and has no stability. If Jamarcus Russel was signed by the Steelers and played bench up until now he'd be ready to start and Big Ben would have been traded weeks ago.

and Cham, for the record if Peyton had gotten all of training camp and all of the preseason to work with that offense they would have won in weeks 1, 3, 8, 10, 14, and 16 no doubt, with weeks 4, 12 and 17 being hit or miss. So 11-5 with Manning, with a possibility of 12-4.

Manning's on field talent alone would have gotten them 3 more wins. His offensive coordinating and mid week practices mixed with his play calling would have gotten them 3 more.

For the record I believe that if Sean Payton and Drew Brees came to Oakland for last year they'd be 12-4. Peyton is just a bit lower than those two combined.

there is absolutely no way he would be starting for the Steelers lol. The situation he was drafted into...has nothing to do with showing up to camp fat as hell...and not giving ANY effort during the offseason, or during training camp. The QB should be the first guy in the film room....and the last guy leaving. He's a lazy ass. That has nothing to do with anyone...but him.

He was brought in as the saviour of a leaderless organization with no stable head coach. His first year he sat on the bench and waited for his shot and the coach he had was one a rookie and two cut mid way through the first year Russel gets to start.

Now going to Pit would not have happened in any way shape or form. The Steelers never would have had the first pick and they wouldn't even have used it on him. I'm just saying that he been in a no bullshit organization like Patriots and had a coach like Belicheck he'd be a completely different player.

All young stars need strong guidance and in Oakland their is none. Every rookie QB would fail there. I said Peyton would get them to 11-5, but if Peyton started in the 2007 Oakland as a rookie he'd have been cut by now.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
aite as long as others agree that he wasnt and isnt 100%at fault...cuz IMO he isnt and im not a raider fan...but the way everyone went in on him and still do is uncalled for......other qb's never caught the same heat as russell did...and please dont say it was cuz of the guranteed money..lol

the Raiders are just fucked; if they make the Playoffs within the next 10 seasons (unless Al Davis dies in the next two), i'll be shocked.

nobody ever claimed he was 100% at fault. But if youre educated on football then you understand how much of an effect a QB THAT bad as on an entire organization. We arent just talking about how much he hurts the team ON the field. But when you draft a QB #1....you spend the next 2/3 years building AROUND that guy. When he gives you absolutely nothing....you end up sucking, and you end up having to start over. Again, all of this is for an educated football fan. You gotta do some reading man...learn up on the game. There is a reason why he will more then likely be cut by the Raiders. lol CUT! Because they wouldnt be able to trade him for a Double Cheeseburger off the dollar menu right now. He has a VERY strong shot at going down as the biggest bust in NFL history. He will compete with Ryan Leaf. But I can honestly say I would take Leaf over JaMarcus...based on what we have seen from both. And Im sure Cham is knowledgeable enough about the game that he was making a joke...and knows better.

of course he isnt 100% at fault. Im sayin....not 100% at fault for the teams struggles. He IS 100% at fault for himself becoming the biggest bust ever. At first I defended the guy SO much cus he was drafted by a team with a lot of turmoil at the time. But his lack of effort whatsoever...is all on him. And THAT is the reason he will go down as the biggest bust ever. The team was already struggling when they got him...and he actually made them worse. And when you draft a QB with the #1 overall pick...you would expect that your team would be better with that guy. He was worse than any QB theyve had....EVER really lol. If you can bring in a guy like Gradkowski last year...who wouldnt start on ONE team in the league....and they team place twice as good with him under center, there is clearly a problem with JaMarcus. No one can argue how much he hurt the team.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »
damn see finally others are statin what ive been sayin all this time and will always say unless russell tells me differently....lol
free the cable guy and russell...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »

Of course it's not all his fault. Dude was thrown as a rookie starting on a team that sucks and has no stability. If Jamarcus Russel was signed by the Steelers and played bench up until now he'd be ready to start and Big Ben would have been traded weeks ago.

and Cham, for the record if Peyton had gotten all of training camp and all of the preseason to work with that offense they would have won in weeks 1, 3, 8, 10, 14, and 16 no doubt, with weeks 4, 12 and 17 being hit or miss. So 11-5 with Manning, with a possibility of 12-4.

Manning's on field talent alone would have gotten them 3 more wins. His offensive coordinating and mid week practices mixed with his play calling would have gotten them 3 more.

For the record I believe that if Sean Payton and Drew Brees came to Oakland for last year they'd be 12-4. Peyton is just a bit lower than those two combined.

there is absolutely no way he would be starting for the Steelers lol. The situation he was drafted into...has nothing to do with showing up to camp fat as hell...and not giving ANY effort during the offseason, or during training camp. The QB should be the first guy in the film room....and the last guy leaving. He's a lazy ass. That has nothing to do with anyone...but him.

He was brought in as the saviour of a leaderless organization with no stable head coach. His first year he sat on the bench and waited for his shot and the coach he had was one a rookie and two cut mid way through the first year Russel gets to start.

Now going to Pit would not have happened in any way shape or form. The Steelers never would have had the first pick and they wouldn't even have used it on him. I'm just saying that he been in a no bullshit organization like Patriots and had a coach like Belicheck he'd be a completely different player.

All young stars need strong guidance and in Oakland their is none. Every rookie QB would fail there. I said Peyton would get them to 11-5, but if Peyton started in the 2007 Oakland as a rookie he'd have been cut by now.

lol you sound like me 2 yrs ago. Until I watched the guy all last year. I made so many excuses for him...including making statements like..."it would so difficult for any rookie QB to step into this situation". I stopped making excuses for him when I realized that he was doing absolutely nothing to improve himself....AND....on the field could not complete a pass to a wide open RB on a screen pass. That has NOTHING to do with the organization. That has to do with a complete lack of skill that you would expect from even a high school QB. Every QB who gets drafted as the #1 pick....or even in the top 5 is going to an organization with poor leadership. Thats why they have that pick in the first place lol. Not every young QB has as little drive as JaMarcus does. You make that claim about Peyton, which to me is ridiculous. But if you go the other way....you put JaMarcus on the Colts...and their deciding on what they wanna do with their top 5 pick next year.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:52:12 PM by .:DaYg0sTyLz:. »
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »
damn see finally others are statin what ive been sayin all this time and will always say unless russell tells me differently....lol

Cable hasnt been the problem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
aite cool at least you agree wit me there.....but way too many hated on the cable guy
and how did they draft someone that doesnt like to play what they drafted them for? lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
aite as long as others agree that he wasnt and isnt 100%at fault...cuz IMO he isnt and im not a raider fan...but the way everyone went in on him and still do is uncalled for......other qb's never caught the same heat as russell did...and please dont say it was cuz of the guranteed money..lol

nobody ever claimed he was 100% at fault. But if youre educated on football then you understand how much of an effect a QB THAT bad as on an entire organization. We arent just talking about how much he hurts the team ON the field. But when you draft a QB #1....you spend the next 2/3 years building AROUND that guy. When he gives you absolutely nothing....you end up sucking, and you end up having to start over. Again, all of this is for an educated football fan. You gotta do some reading man...learn up on the game. There is a reason why he will more then likely be cut by the Raiders. lol CUT! Because they wouldnt be able to trade him for a Double Cheeseburger off the dollar menu right now. He has a VERY strong shot at going down as the biggest bust in NFL history. He will compete with Ryan Leaf. But I can honestly say I would take Leaf over JaMarcus...based on what we have seen from both. And Im sure Cham is knowledgeable enough about the game that he was making a joke...and knows better.

of course he isnt 100% at fault. Im sayin....not 100% at fault for the teams struggles. He IS 100% at fault for himself becoming the biggest bust ever. At first I defended the guy SO much cus he was drafted by a team with a lot of turmoil at the time. But his lack of effort whatsoever...is all on him. And THAT is the reason he will go down as the biggest bust ever. The team was already struggling when they got him...and he actually made them worse. And when you draft a QB with the #1 overall pick...you would expect that your team would be better with that guy. He was worse than any QB theyve had....EVER really lol. If you can bring in a guy like Gradkowski last year...who wouldnt start on ONE team in the league....and they team place twice as good with him under center, there is clearly a problem with JaMarcus. No one can argue how much he hurt the team.

I agree that Jamarcus is hurting the team, and I agree that he couldn't step up and be a leader and instead stepped down further than any of the greats would have stepped down. But I'm not saying he'd ever be good enough to be an all time great. I'm saying that on a real team like the Vikings, the Pats, or the Packers he'd be good enough to be a starter if raised properly in the system.

Would any of the hall of fame QBs have been as bad as Russel has been? Maybe not, but I never said he'd ever be good enough to get in the hall of fame. (that being said if he ended up on a great team and just played average and that team won 2 rings he would get in but that's only because he's a QB on a winning team).

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
aite cool at least you agree wit me there.....but way too many hated on the cable guy
and how did they draft someone that doesnt like to play what they drafted them for? lol

Most Raider fans have no put much blame on Cable. The Raiders had the number 1 pick that year. They NEEDED a QB. Drafting any other position would have been looked at as a HUGE mistake. JaMarcus was the consensus #1 pick by virtually EVERY analyst...scout...etc out there. The Raiders made the same mistake in judging this guys talent as everyone else did.  The problem is, those analysts, etc can back away and never mention how they misjudge his talent also.

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 08:00:43 PM »

I agree that Jamarcus is hurting the team, and I agree that he couldn't step up and be a leader and instead stepped down further than any of the greats would have stepped down. But I'm not saying he'd ever be good enough to be an all time great. I'm saying that on a real team like the Vikings, the Pats, or the Packers he'd be good enough to be a starter if raised properly in the system.

Would any of the hall of fame QBs have been as bad as Russel has been? Maybe not, but I never said he'd ever be good enough to get in the hall of fame. (that being said if he ended up on a great team and just played average and that team won 2 rings he would get in but that's only because he's a QB on a winning team).

you are taking this "the QB is only as good as the system" thing WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too far. Jamarcus would suck anywhere. Would he win more games playing for the Pats. Maybe so. Would they make the playoffs with him being the starter? LOL not a chance.

Lets look at the bottom half of the 1st round of the draft. Isnt it a bit of a coincidence that teams with the better records...also have the best QBs...

18 Steelers 9-7
19 Falcons 9-7 
20 Texans 9-7
21 Bengals 10-6
22 Patriots 10-6 
23 Packers 11-5
24 Eagles 11-5
25 Ravens 9-7
26 Cardinals 10-6
27 Cowboys 11-5
28 Chargers 13-3
29 Jets 9-7 .516 
30 Vikings 12-4   
31 Colts 14-2
32 Saints 13-3

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 08:01:46 PM »

Most Raider fans have no put much blame on Cable. The Raiders had the number 1 pick that year. They NEEDED a QB. Drafting any other position would have been looked at as a HUGE mistake. JaMarcus was the consensus #1 pick by virtually EVERY analyst...scout...etc out there. The Raiders made the same mistake in judging this guys talent as everyone else did.  The problem is, those analysts, etc can back away and never mention how they misjudge his talent also.

Cable and Kiffin before him can only be as productive as Al Davis allows them to be. The organization is fault because it's not organized. Since the year before Russel got there to now the Oaklad Raiders have had 5 OCs. That's five offensive co-ordinators from 06 to 10. 5 guys in 4 years. How does any rookie QB get inspired when he doesn't know who the guy running the plays is gonna be?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 08:03:19 PM »
1.does havin that many oc's really make a difference?
2.and what ive been sayin all along is what shallow is sayin daygo....again i never said i was a pro analyst but hes sayin what ive been sayin....
free kiffin, the cable guy and russell!!!
Cube

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »

Cable and Kiffin before him can only be as productive as Al Davis allows them to be. The organization is fault because it's not organized. Since the year before Russel got there to now the Oaklad Raiders have had 5 OCs. That's five offensive co-ordinators from 06 to 10. 5 guys in 4 years. How does any rookie QB get inspired when he doesn't know who the guy running the plays is gonna be?

lol poor Jamarcus. The team made him a lazy ass. Seriously...you have GOT to be friends with this guy. I never knew you were the victim mentallity kind of guy. You never seemed like the type.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
related thru uncle...lol
Cube

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »
related thru uncle...lol

seriously...Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio made a good point. And I dont really agree with this guy all the time. But when he talked about Jamarcus he basically said that Jamarcus has probably been that kid that was bigger and stronger than everyone else. When he tried to make a team, his athletisism growing up got him over the top. Because of that, he never had to develop a very strong work ethic. He didnt need it. At some point...he ran into a league (NFL) where everyone is big and strong...and more often then not, the guys with the best work ethics stand out. In his case, the guy with the worst work ethic...is standing out also. You dont become the biggest bust of all time without the blame being on you.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »

you are taking this "the QB is only as good as the system" thing WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too far. Jamarcus would suck anywhere. Would he win more games playing for the Pats. Maybe so. Would they make the playoffs with him being the starter? LOL not a chance.

Lets look at the bottom half of the 1st round of the draft. Isnt it a bit of a coincidence that teams with the better records...also have the best QBs...

18 Steelers 9-7
19 Falcons 9-7 
20 Texans 9-7
21 Bengals 10-6
22 Patriots 10-6 
23 Packers 11-5
24 Eagles 11-5
25 Ravens 9-7
26 Cardinals 10-6
27 Cowboys 11-5
28 Chargers 13-3
29 Jets 9-7 .516 
30 Vikings 12-4   
31 Colts 14-2
32 Saints 13-3

Put most of those QBs on the top half of the draft and the top half will still be the top half. Brees has some bad years on the Chargers recently. Manning wouldn't do much for St Louis. The Vikings were a double digit win team with no QB. The Jets had a rookie who played it safe and won with running. You think Sanchez would have made Oakland more than 6-10? Rivers is an overrated joke. Buffalo would still have a top ten draft pick this year with him. Romo on the Skins would mean nothing. Brady on the Browns would mean nothing. Both would still be top half draft teams. Same for Warner on the Bucs, McNabb on the Chiefs, or Rogers on the Seahawks. Niners woudn't be all that much better with Flacco. And Eli is just as good or better than Palmer, Roth, Schaub, or Ryan.

The whole the QB is the key thing can work for a lot of people, but the truth is the QB isn't just 1 of the three aspects of the game. It's one fifth of one of the key aspects of the game. Offense, Defense and Special teams win games, and if you down right lose in two of the three you lose the game. With in offense is play calling, passing, rushing, blocking, and route running. Some QBs are better than other sure, but isn't it also a coincidence that the so called best QBs of all time also had some of the best OCs, o-lines, receivers, and runners playing with them? No QB gets all of those things at a high level, but the QBs on the bottom half of your draft list get at least two to go with the 1 and have 3 of the 5 at least at a high level. While the QBs at the top half of your list barely have 1 of the 5 to to add to their 1 even if they were elite QBs.

Very few losing teams would turn around last year because of position changing. The Bills are the only team I can think that were a great team with great players but terrible pass plays were the killer, but even then Manning is the only QB that could mean anything there for 09, and that's only because you get a new OC with his mind and that makes 2 aspects going from 0 to 1. A great QB with no OC can't do much on a team with a bad o-line too.