Author Topic: The fall of Aftermath and Dr. Dre.  (Read 1544 times)

jabella

• Lil Geezy
  • The worlds first Horse-Goat.
The fall of Aftermath and Dr. Dre.
« on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:43 AM »
Dr Dre called into one of the major radio shows a few years ago, and announced that he wanted/was signing Bishop Lamont. The industry didn't give a shit. Bishop never blew.

That's why now when Dre signs someone, he partners with someone else, ie; HAYES signed/marketed by Dr Dre and Timbaland, and GAME now signed/marketed by Dr Dre and Pharrell (Startrak). When GAME first dropped it was Dr. Dre and 50 Cent. 50 Cent was Dr. Dre and Eminem.

Since 1999 Dre hasn't been able to break an artist himself.

Is he still the most anticipated west coast artist? Yes.

Is Aftermath still the potent force it was during 98-2005? No.

If Dre's single with Jay Z doesn't reach #1, he will be afraid to release Detox.

The clock is ticking.
Power of the lactating goat. Milk and Sperm mixed, gives you what? Food for thought.

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: The fall of Aftermath and Dr. Dre.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:42:55 AM »
Dre just needs an intense amount of motivation to actually do something.  Wanting to jump start his label and working with someone new and talented are essential to Dre succeeding, like what happened with Eminem, which was perfect timing for both of them.  Almost everyone got dicked over... Eve left Aftermath years ago (though she did get some Dre beats while on Ruff Ryders), Hittman was never to be heard from again, Truth Hurts didn't release anything significant other than Addictive, Rakim bounced, Raekwon bounced and Bishop was dropped.  Only Eminem (who could already sell tons without Dre after The Slim Shady LP), 50 (who could already sell tons without Dre after Get Rich or Die Tryin'), Game (who still had enough buzz on his own) and Busta (who was already an established artist before working with Dre and Aftermath) really got the proper treatment.

Jaydc

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:44:32 AM »
Well the eminem situation was different,dre wasnt the powerful rich man he was back then.Eminem and dre saved eachothers careers sort to speak.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:40:17 AM »
Well the eminem situation was different,dre wasnt the powerful rich man he was back then.Eminem and dre saved eachothers careers sort to speak.

Definitely. Eminem helped put Dre's name back at the top, and Dre basically made Eminem.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:49:32 AM »
The fall of Dre?  it's 2010 and you have idiots making 7+ page threads thinking a single is going to be released at a concert.  He still has everyone by the balls with Detox

and Game's new album will be on Aftermath plus EM will be on Aftermath, so that's two huge albums on the label this year
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Tha Crip

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 08:50:35 AM »
I got her album but it seems like after Truth Hurts album came out (which was JUST an aftermath release) and flopped, dre didnt wanna take any chances, which is probally why we never got a rakim album or bishop.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:06:32 AM »
I got her album but it seems like after Truth Hurts album came out (which was JUST an aftermath release) and flopped, dre didnt wanna take any chances, which is probally why we never got a rakim album or bishop.

not getting the Rakim album was the ultimate bullshit in hip hop history, Dre spared us from a wack bishop album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »

not getting the Rakim album was the ultimate bullshit in hip hop history, Dre spared us from a wack bishop album

totally agree with that, rakim over dre beats would've no doubt been great. don't really agree with the bishop part though, i'd like to have heard his album

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:59 AM »
the fall?

i'm pretty sure Eminem alone pushing albums keeps that label as relevant as anyone else.

Young Money got Wayne & Drake; Roc's got Jay & Kanye; & Aftermath has Slim, who sells as good as any of them.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »
I remember the reason for the Rakim album never dropping was because Rakim left due to some creative differences, along with Dre being as slow as he usually is.  I recall there being some buzz about Dre wanting him to drop some gangsta-type shit but he didn't want to go that route.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:26:40 AM »
The fall of Dre?  it's 2010 and you have idiots making 7+ page threads thinking a single is going to be released at a concert.  He still has everyone by the balls with Detox

and Game's new album will be on Aftermath plus EM will be on Aftermath, so that's two huge albums on the label this year

+1

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »

Definitely. Eminem helped put Dre's name back at the top, and Dre basically made Eminem.
yeah Eminem basically saved Aftermath

i partly blame Dre for no Bishop solo on Aftermath, but he doesn't own a % of the label.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 11:59:18 AM »

yeah Eminem basically saved Aftermath

saved? he basically made the label
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
You can't have Aftermath without Eminem or Dr.Dre.   50 carried it on his back for a minute too but stopped.  Now it's waiting for someone else to carry it. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
didn't truth hurts go gold? i mean it wasn't like everybody was checc'n for her like that anyway yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp