Author Topic: New Crooked I EP dropping this June  (Read 940 times)

Jaydc

Re: New Crooked I EP dropping this June
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2010, 05:10:03 AM »
What people?Try any music critic ever and 90 percent of fans.Tell me one rapper thats consider a goat with no albums?Crooked is a great rapper but until he drops albums he will never be considered anything more then a mixtape rapper,that isnt debateable that is fact.You think nas would be considered a great if he hadnt dropped illmatic but instead dropped a bunch of freestyles for free?

I said Crooked I was talented, not one of the greatest of all time.

if u want come up with your opinions on music based on "critics and fans" ... I wish u all the best.

when I rank where Crooked I sits as a talent, I'll base it on ... well, talent. Not number of albums.

You were the one comparing him to dr.dre.Like I said hes been my favourite rapper for ten years but I have allusion of what he is.And if you think not having an album doest matter,your delusional.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 07:02:23 AM »
You were the one comparing him to dr.dre.Like I said hes been my favourite rapper for ten years but I have allusion of what he is.And if you think not having an album doest matter,your delusional.

I was comparing his output to Dr Dre. Not him as an artist. Don't get it twisted.
And recently, Crooked I has put out more music than the good doctor. thats just fact.

if u think having an album does matter, then you are the one who is delusional.

Based on your theory, Vanilla Ice is a better artist that people take more serious because he has put out albums. So when we make a 'Greatest Rappers' list, Vanilla Ice will be before Crooked I because he has an album right?

Yet we both know that is bullshit. I'm done putting my point across, if u don't get it, you don't get it. all good.

Jaydc

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »
You just dont get it do you?Crooked I could release a twenty thousand free freestyles and it wouldnt have the same impact that a nuthing but a g thang has.Dre has nothing to prove,and his two albums shadow over almost every single hip hop artists careers.It was a retarded comparison.

Now your just being an idiot.You dont have a point your just using flawed logic to defend Crooked I not having an album.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »
Let's be honest, if Crooked I actually dropped a full length album it would probably just be 20 freestyles over original beats, all about how gangsta he is. People would say its okay, but that's it? I don't see him as the type of rapper who can drop a classic album. He's great at what he does, which is pre-written freestyles, but that doesn't make him great in the scope of hip hop music.

I consider A Tribe Called Quest to be one of the greatest hip hop groups of all time, but the fact is that Q-Tip and Phife didn't have mind blowing rhymes. Why are they one of the greatest? Because they consistently put out great albums.

Jaydc

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »
Well Im going to have to disagree,I think he has it in him to make a classic.Songs like if you ever hear me,my life one and two etc,I could go on,but hes put out many great songs,not just freestyles.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
If there is a cd copy i will buy, but in all honesty i dont understand the logic behind this.

Crooked has had people waiting on an album for an age and the free music is great and ep is cool but all people want is an album. I dont think this ep is going to propel him sales wise of thats what he is hoping for.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 12:16:45 PM »
mixtapes and internet songs are a cop out, basically a way to put out music without having to worry about it being critiqed. Albums are judged on an entirely different level. Dropping an EP is raising the bar a little, but its still not going to be judged on the same level as an album. Come to think of it, that Pig Faced Weapon Waist should have been a classic because its a lot easier to make 6 hot songs at once than 15. If he ever drops an album I'm expecting it to be on the same level as his EP, maybe even lower because it'll have to worry about consistency.

Jaydc

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »
And this will be his 3rd lp.I dont understand the logic of releasing 3 eps.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:46 PM »
You just dont get it do you?Crooked I could release a twenty thousand free freestyles and it wouldnt have the same impact that a nuthing but a g thang has.Dre has nothing to prove,and his two albums shadow over almost every single hip hop artists careers.It was a retarded comparison. Now your just being an idiot.You dont have a point your just using flawed logic to defend Crooked I not having an album.

I have made my points and they are crystal clear. They are practically in bullet point form too. Just because you either don't understand them or disagree with them doesn't mean I'm the idiot ok champ? like i wrote, I could continue but with u it is a lost cause, u don't understand or u disagree, so again, its all good.

EFFeX

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »
Jayce talking real talk Crooked I's biggest buzz was with Suge and Death Row in 03

That isn't true, although Death Row was a great starting point.

At least now Crooked I has toured the country several times, Canada and Europe with Slaughterhouse. Achieved decent radio play and gets music video rotation on MTV2.

He's worked with bigger name producers and bigger artists since those days.

The buzz was nice on Death Row, but all in all, he's must more well known in 2010.

As far as this EP goes, I don't think he's trying to sell 100,000 copies of it, I just think he's doing this to keep the buzz going and give the fans some good music. What's wrong with that?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:59:33 PM by EFFeX »