Author Topic: Eminem "Not Afraid" 1st Single off Recovery!  (Read 6554 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Eminem "Not Afraid" 1st Single off Recovery!
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2010, 12:45:46 AM »
Hot shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2010, 01:39:38 AM »
Great shit. Lovin' it!

MediumL

« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2010, 01:43:23 AM »
i don;t get it. you people are saying hip hop is dead and all that stuff.. you're saying guys like Drake are killing this music. And now when Em put out a poppy Drake-ish musically weak single you're saying it's a bomb. Hello hypocrisy.
and oh...is it only me who thinks Em turned from "mr. i don;t give a fuck" to "mr. i ride my fans' dicks to sell more records"?

exactly. the singing on this is as corny as the drake songs.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2010, 01:56:40 AM »
<a href="http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2010/april/eminem-not_afraid_prod_by_boi1da-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=eminem-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2010/april/eminem-not_afraid_prod_by_boi1da-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=eminem-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?</a>

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2010, 02:09:25 AM »
Plenty of things to get excited about here:

1) The song is actually great and not the usual corny first single shit.

2) He's FINALLY rapping over beats produced by someone else than himself or Dre.

3) The accent is GONE GONE GONE!!!

However there are some things which could have made this single much better:

1) The hook is great but Eminem is NOT a singer. He should have gotten someone like Drake to sing it.

2) The track sounds underproduced, like it was put together in 3 minutes and not properly mixed. Could have used a lot more work.

3) The singing middle part is awful, should have been scrapped.

Still great shit and it makes me anticipate the album even more than I already did. I don't necessarily like that he's dissing Relapse though, as that was a great album. Infact, the Relapse bous CD that came out before CHristmas was far worse than Relapse.

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2010, 03:08:47 AM »
Haha I love the bridge, it just sounds too funny :D

I agree on the beat though.. could use more mixing and that snare is annoying.

Nice song tho
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2010, 03:17:34 AM »
This is better than the entire Relapse album combined. You can hear that it benefit's Eminem to work with new producers. The beats on Relapse was mediocre and bland, and somewhat uninspiring. However, I think Recovery will be very good

Jaydc

« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2010, 03:37:37 AM »
This is better than the entire Relapse album combined. You can hear that it benefit's Eminem to work with new producers. The beats on Relapse was mediocre and bland, and somewhat uninspiring. However, I think Recovery will be very good

If the beats on relapse were mediocre and bland then that makes this beat the equivalent of someone farting for a bassline and another person hitting a stick on a can every few seconds.

And this song is nowhere near Deja vu.This song isnt even as good as beautiful or hello for that matter.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2010, 03:50:49 AM »

If the beats on relapse were mediocre and bland then that makes this beat the equivalent of someone farting for a bassline and another person hitting a stick on a can every few seconds.

And this song is nowhere near Deja vu.This song isnt even as good as beautiful or hello for that matter.

Word this has nothing on Deja Vu, Underground, Hello, Same Song And Dance...

Song is dope, Dre needs to mix the shit outta that beat though, make the piano louder, add a thick ass bass line, get some crisper snares in there. Em sounding on point though, the bridge is pretty wack, raps are fire though, interesting to see he regrets relapse, atleast he knows the accent sucks though lol, raps were always dope, just bullshit accent!

Real interested to see how Recovery turns out, this was a good time for Em to do a complete 360 to his usual format and reinvent himself as an artist, this is some mega stadium music for real

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2010, 04:05:33 AM »

Production wise I agree with the unfavourable comparison you make to the likes of deja vu lyrically this is some great shit and the more I listen to it, the more I appreciate just how tight his rhymes are and how insanely good the flow is.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2010, 05:00:48 AM »
i cant believe anybody can say that its poppy. whats poppy about it? singing hook? are you kidding me?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:04 AM »

Yes...Eminem is too corny and then he is too gangster and then he is too fake and then he is too sentimental and then he is playing a clown and i don't like that

Some people are never happy but this song to me is the shit

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2010, 05:11:44 AM »
Yeah, I'm with those that think the production on Relapse is far superior than this tracks.  I don't mind the accent but do prefer his vocal style on this track despite the singing.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

westside159

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2010, 05:21:21 AM »
Haters make like bumble bee's with no stinger and drop dead "   

nice single im feelin it .  the chorus isnt that great though . 

Beat is nice too

Paul

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:31 AM »
The more i listen the more i love the vocals and the hook.

But the more i hate the beat. Its just SHIT. Theres no other way to describe it. It sounds like an unfinished TI or Rick Ross beat.
funkyfreshintheflesh