Author Topic: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!  (Read 2704 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: I'VE CROSSED OVER TO THE DARK SIDE !!!
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »
How can you say jay hasnt influenced the game like he says he has?

He's your favourite rapper's favourite rapper. He is the biggest name in hip hop music. Every album this muthafucka has put out has gone gold.

saying he hasnt influenced the game is the dumbest thing ive ever heard.
Jay released a mafioso rap album in 1996, yes that was unheard of back then.

exactly he started the cocaine rap shit, didnt he?

lmao

Jaydc

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »
let the groupies be groupies and have their veil over their eyes.

Muhfukka

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2010, 08:44:36 PM »

He's your favourite rapper's favourite rapper. He is the biggest name in hip hop music. Every album this muthafucka has put out has gone gold.

hahahah

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
Jome is to Jay Z as Now I Know is to Kobe Bryant.

Coming from the poster who named himself after Snoop Dogg?

Jome thinks "90% of people who know their hip-hop" has the same opinion as him.

I do think that regular hip hop fans know their shit better than the average G-spot poster.

YEAP  ;D But you never hear me say Snoops the greatest.  :-\

Say what you will, no one can ever denie Snoop his place in the top 10, no one can ever denie Snoop has had one of the greatest careers, had a great influence, and still is pulling strings like a don.

Is most of what he said there untrue though? And he never once mentioned in that that snooop was the greatest, he said he had his place in the top ten.

Say what you want about snoop, but it is true, he like jaz have had one of the best careers in hiphop without doubt.

As for this discussion, ive always said jayz and snoop are very comparable for many many years now though over the last 5 years, jayz has handled his image alot better.

And for the jay-z/nas comparisons, for me its nas everytime but i do respect jigga as a rapper and he is dope, there aint no doubt about that. But not the greatest and he doesnt have the greatest cv in hiphop either. Doggystyle>any jayz record. Illmatic> any jayz record...Stillmatic >blueprint imo. Though that depends on taste but id take stillmatic over it everytime.

But this aint me taking anything away from jayz regardless of the shit about him being a freemason is true or not lol, dudes made some muthafuckin heaters but his album record aint consistant like its one amazing album to another...like any other artist, its inconsistant. Theres weak shit on it and heat on it.

Oh and im sorry to bring biggie into this since biggie got mentioned for the lines jigga used but Biggie was amazing, seriously, dude might have been a fat muthafucker but on the mic, dude let loose. And 2pac...shiiiit....some cats gotta washed up image of him because of what they've done to his image over recent years but dude was amazing...but i dont really know im mentioning 2pac since i dont think anyone mentioned him in here but yeah, jay-z = dope, cv - mixed with heat to average to poor shit but def not the best cv in hiphop and 3 classics? Thats news to me.

I aint taking nothing away from jayz though, dude is talented and made some incredible tracks. Good thread.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2010, 11:56:58 PM »
It seems to me theirs teh Jay hardcore fans who believe hes the goat and all his albums are either classic or dope,and then the rest of the people who just see him as better then average with an inconsistent discography that gets highly over rated.

It seems to me that 90% of people who know their hip hop will rank Jay at least in the top 10, and then there's the 10% remaining, denying any skills, classics, discography and influence.

These are often the people that puts up camel pictures, pulls Illuminati into the discussion, what Pac said, or they think Cam'ron is the best thing since cooked crack.. and some people just don't like him, fair enough.

It seems to me that 90% of those people who put Jay in their top 10 do it because everybody in the media told them to.

Jay is not in my top 10 in any category....well i guess he's in my top 10 overrated list. 

Best discog in Hip Hop?  Off top - Cube, Nas, Pac, Face, or if you want to get into groups - Outkast, PE, ATCQ, Gangstarr, De La, etc...i could keep going.

ikke

« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2010, 01:04:59 AM »

lmao

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2010, 01:09:26 AM »
It seems to me theirs teh Jay hardcore fans who believe hes the goat and all his albums are either classic or dope,and then the rest of the people who just see him as better then average with an inconsistent discography that gets highly over rated.

It seems to me that 90% of people who know their hip hop will rank Jay at least in the top 10, and then there's the 10% remaining, denying any skills, classics, discography and influence.

These are often the people that puts up camel pictures, pulls Illuminati into the discussion, what Pac said, or they think Cam'ron is the best thing since cooked crack.. and some people just don't like him, fair enough.

It seems to me that 90% of those people who put Jay in their top 10 do it because everybody in the media told them to.

Jay is not in my top 10 in any category....well i guess he's in my top 10 overrated list. 

Best discog in Hip Hop?  Off top - Cube, Nas, Pac, Face, or if you want to get into groups - Outkast, PE, ATCQ, Gangstarr, De La, etc...i could keep going.

Nas doesn't have a better discography than Jay

Jaydc

« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2010, 01:10:29 AM »
I disagee.Nas best albums are far and away better then jays best albums.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2010, 01:16:13 AM »

not at all

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt
Stillmatic < the Blueprint
It Was Written < The Black Album

Jaydc

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2010, 01:18:26 AM »
Illmatic is better then all his albums,as is stillmatic.Jays best albums are his best because of production and nass best are because of his lyrics.

ikke

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2010, 01:27:00 AM »

not at all

I was thinking more along the lines of:
Stillmatic> Reasonable Doubt
It Was Written> Blueprint
God's Son > Black Album

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2010, 01:35:31 AM »

not at all

I was thinking more along the lines of:
Stillmatic> Reasonable Doubt
It Was Written> Blueprint
God's Son > Black Album

sell on all three counts.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2010, 01:45:20 AM »
Illmatic is better then all his albums,as is stillmatic.Jays best albums are his best because of his songs and nass best are because of his songs.

Stillmatic isn't better than The Blueprint or The Black Album

I've spoke on this before. Lyrics over shitty production with a shitty hook does not make a good song. This is MUSIC. If you can't make good songs, choose another profession.

By the way, here's Nas over a hot beat:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4cJg8riPSI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/L4cJg8riPSI</a>

It's still a horrible song

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2010, 01:48:42 AM »
I like Nas way more than I like Jay-Z. But his discography is still as inconsistent as Jays.

Sikotic™

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2010, 01:59:28 AM »
I like Nas way more than I like Jay-Z. But his discography is still as inconsistent as Jays.
So would you consider both of their discogs to be in the top 5?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE