Author Topic: EP/LP discussion  (Read 540 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: EP/LP discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 01:28:44 AM »
westcoastanostra was 7 or 8 tracks,all original songs and was available only digital with limited hard copies,the same as pigface and block obama 2.Like cham said,its up the artist themself what is dictated.Rappers release street albums all the time with all original songs but they arent considered their debut albums.Its whatever the aritst presents it as,some guy on a forum isnt going to dictate what is and isnt an album  lol.

First off, I ain't dictating, I'm going by the official source. You're the one dictating.  :)

Second, Westcoastanostra was released as a mixtape. I don't think whether the songs were original or not matters when its labeled a mixtape.

And didn't I just say the only reason its not considered his debut is because of Crooked I and the fans don't want to label it as such? So you are taking back your original stance that EPs have never been considered albums.

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 01:34:43 AM »
Well first off you were going on about pigface being his debut,which already was an L for you.And wether its an ep,a mixtape or a street album its not  a debut album.They were digital only eps,not his debut album.I mean,cashis released an ep on shady but nobody presents it as his debut album.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 01:39:01 AM »
Well first off you were going on about pigface being his debut,which already was an L for you.And wether its an ep,a mixtape or a street album its not  a debut album.They were digital only eps,not his debut album.I mean,cashis released an ep on shady but nobody presents it as his debut album.

Lol, all I did was ask Cham why he hasn't listened to Crooked's debut album and you immediately jumped in and said EPs are NEVER considered debut albums. Go back and read the discussion. You're the one who came in like you knew what was up and kept insisting. I think you take the L here.

Jaydc

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »
Again,how could it be his debut when it wasnt even his first ep released? ::)

Jaydc

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 01:43:56 AM »
I mean,if your the only person calling it his debut,not his fans,not himself,not labels not magaiznes or sites or anybody but you,whos the person whos correct?you,or every other single person and publication?lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 01:55:18 AM »

avoiding your L I see. Just admit that EPs have been and can be albums.

Jaydc

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 02:03:35 AM »

Theyve always been presented as eps not albums.Take your L for not even knowng how many eps crooked has released and quit trying to find ways to hate.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 02:07:28 AM »

Theyve always been presented as eps not albums.Take your L for not even knowng how many eps crooked has released and quit trying to find ways to hate.

Major loss of respect for you for not being able to take any kind of L. Go back through this thread and look at all the previous albums that have been listed, and the official statement. I'm out.

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 02:13:21 AM »
What you mean the same way you cant take an L for calling pigface weapon waist crooked is debut album?That was one of the dumbest things Ive read on this forum and you cant even admit it.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 04:28:05 AM »
I complain everytime Budden releases a song that is only 5 minutes long!

I believe there is a perfect length to a song, whether you are structuring it for radio or not.  There is a certain timeframe in which your brain will be able to focus on any 1 track and enjoy it and leave you wanting to replay it.. Instead of it wearing out on you before the first spin...  Generally 3-4 minutes...

How can that be true if Too Short can make an 8 minute song of his slow rhyming entirely about screwing hoes and it becomes a classic?

I hate Too Short and I never listen to him, so speak for yourself if you think he puts out classics...

It definitely depends on what the artist does with the music over that time period and whether or not the music itself changes - if it's the same loop there's a higher chance I'll get bored quicker even if the artist is dope.

Take for example, Dalek released a 6 minute track called "Distorted Prose" on the 2004 album Absence.  I can listen to that joint straight through and not wonder where the time went or get bored.  Likewise I can have Jay Electronica Exhibit C on repeat and not get bored.     

I know, but I am saying for MOST songs.  The long tracks on D.R. did not hold my attention...  They didn't add enough elements to the beats to pull that off imo..

Jome

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 07:00:53 AM »
Enough of this overmodding....

Stop going off-topic then, you just can't help yourself?

ikke

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 07:05:21 AM »
Enough of this overmodding....

Stop going off-topic then, you just can't help yourself?

The OP was off topic

Jome

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 07:08:53 AM »
^^ Meho was off-topic?

The thread is about Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives, not everything else.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 08:23:09 AM »
It definitely depends on what the artist does with the music over that time period and whether or not the music itself changes - if it's the same loop there's a higher chance I'll get bored quicker even if the artist is dope.

Take for example, Dalek released a 6 minute track called "Distorted Prose" on the 2004 album Absence.  I can listen to that joint straight through and not wonder where the time went or get bored.  Likewise I can have Jay Electronica Exhibit C on repeat and not get bored.     

I know, but I am saying for MOST songs.  The long tracks on D.R. did not hold my attention...  They didn't add enough elements to the beats to pull that off imo..
[/quote]

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I'm just stating my personal opinion when it comes to listening to longer music.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Portugoal

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 08:34:34 AM »
The EP is the future. LP's will always exist, but people are more likely to pay for a download with 5 tracks than for a download with 15 tracks.

5 tracks / €3.99
15 tracks / €9.99

It's a good deal for the artist and for the label and it doesn't cost the listener a lot of money.