Author Topic: Quarterfinals Bracket 2: Argentina - Germany & Paraguay - Spain  (Read 2308 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Argentina - Germany is too close to call, I want Germany to win obviously, as for the other game, anything but a victory in 90 minutes for Spain would be a sensation
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Quarterfinals Bracket 2: Argentina - Germany & Paraguay - Spain
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »
In order for Argentina to win, Mascherano is going to need an absolutely amazing game.  He'll need to stop Ozil because Demichelis and Burdisso will be not only too busy with Klose but won't be able to handle Klose.  Their sidebacks also won't be able to handle Mueller and Podolski.  This has the blueprint of a high scoring classic though since Argentina's deadly 3 can do damage.  I'm leaning towards Germany

westsiderider323

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »
its gon be argentina and spain when its all said and done

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 03:21:16 PM »
"The Argentinians provoke and are always whingeing to the referee to try
and
change his opinion. It starts before the match. You see their body language, how they
gesticulate, how they try to influence the referee. That is not part
of the game. That is a lack of respect. They are like that."- Schweinsteiger.

Heinze where you at? lololol

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »
There's some bad blood because 4 years ago when they lost in the penalty shootout they starting talking shit and pushing, hitting players, which led to Frings being banned for the semifinal because he defended himself - and he was a very imporant player at this point.

Also, after the "friendly" game back in March or so, Maradona pretended to not know who Müller is and left the press conference, which was very disrespectful.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:29:15 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »
There's some bad blood because 4 years ago when they lost in the penalty shootout they starting talking shit and pushing, hitting players, which led to Frings being banned for the semifinal because he defended himself - and he was a very imporant player at this point.

Also, after the "friendly" game back in March or so, Maradona pretended to not know who Müller is and left the press conference, which was very disrespectful.

Yep I remember that game.  Typical Argentina.  Mexico faces Argentina plenty of times to see that most of the time they always bust that bullshit. 

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
Argentina

Spain

Holland

Uruguay

Portugoal

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 01:03:10 AM »
Spain will obviously win from Paraguay.

Argentina-Germany could be a close call, but it could also be an easy win for Germany. We'll see, but I'm rooting for Argentina.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 01:36:38 AM »
Fuck Argentina. I think they'll take it though.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 07:31:11 AM »

Yep I remember that game.  Typical Argentina.  Mexico faces Argentina plenty of times to see that most of the time they always bust that bullshit. 

Argentina only lost that game because because the German-Jewish Argentine coach decided with only a 1 goal lead that both Riquelme and Crespo were okay to be put on the bench, and the usual replacement for Crespo, Messi, wasn't put in. Riquelme had no usual replacement. He was a game finisher and a great time killer with his ball holding skills. And people said I was stupid to say the fix was in.

The fix will not be in this time. Schweinsteiger and his Nazi heritage is going back to Germany sooner than later.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »

Argentina only lost that game because because the German-Jewish Argentine coach decided with only a 1 goal lead that both Riquelme and Crespo were okay to be put on the bench, and the usual replacement for Crespo, Messi, wasn't put in. Riquelme had no usual replacement. He was a game finisher and a great time killer with his ball holding skills. And people said I was stupid to say the fix was in.

The fix will not be in this time. Schweinsteiger and his Nazi heritage is going back to Germany sooner than later.

Argentina is full of german and other european blood though so eh, it's practically a European team

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »

Argentina is full of german and other european blood though so eh, it's practically a European team

argentinians are pretty much italians

look at most of their last names as one example

Portugoal

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 09:24:32 AM »

argentinians are pretty much italians

look at most of their last names as one example

German... Italian... Either way they have inferior blood.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »

There is difference between having your native people cross-bread with Europeans, mainly Spanish, and having a coach whose grandparents came from Eastern Europe.

And regardless of what the coach is or was. He purposely sabotaged that game. Taking Crespo out is one thing. Even keeping Messi on the bench is understandable. But removing your best all around player and top ball controller at a time when you need to hold on to the ball and run the clock as well as have an opportunity to make a play if need be is absolutely ridiculous. It's not like subbing Riquelme wit the lead was common in that tournament. It wasn't done before, so why do it now?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »
Argentina doesn't really have native people, it's the least indigenous of the Americas. 

Having two holding midfielders is better than having one holding midfielder and a tired Riquelme.