Author Topic: Quarterfinals Bracket 2: Argentina - Germany & Paraguay - Spain  (Read 2307 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Quarterfinals Bracket 2: Argentina - Germany & Paraguay - Spain
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »
So you're saying the coach wanted Germany to win because his grandparents are from Europe? Nigga you on crack?
Maradona is a worse coach, hands down. Nigga gon fail under pressure. It's just that Argentina hasn't had a tough game yet. Their group was easy as shit and against Mexico they have been bailed out by Rosetti, this fucking bastard.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 11:14:29 AM »
So you're saying the coach wanted Germany to win because his grandparents are from Europe? Nigga you on crack?
Maradona is a worse coach, hands down. Nigga gon fail under pressure. It's just that Argentina hasn't had a tough game yet. Their group was easy as shit and against Mexico they have been bailed out by Rosetti, this fucking bastard.

The thing that I'm realizing though is that Maradona doesn't even run the team, he's just there for the players. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
Argentina doesn't really have native people, it's the least indigenous of the Americas. 

Having two holding midfielders is better than having one holding midfielder and a tired Riquelme. 

It's one thing to not think it was fixed. But to think it was a good coaching decision is absurd. The best bet strategically for that match was to take off the old and tired Crespo and replace him with Messi. The coach changed the hole line up for the game against Germany and brought on guys as subs that hadn't played at all prior to that game. It'll take a lot for me to convince anyone that soccer is fixed, but it shouldn't take much to show you terrible coaching cost them the game against Germany.

It's very simple; you keep Riquelme on and you bring on Cambiassio for Gonzalez, then you take of Crespo and bring on Messi. Losing their goalie to injury, and what should have been a red card on Klose I think it was, probably hurt strategy a bit, but bringing in Julio Cruz and keeping Gonzalez on is just plain stupid. You need some sort of offensive playmaking ability if you give up a goal in the last 15 minutes. Tevez hadn't played many full games at that point and would have been tired, and with out Messi or Riquelme to be creative he wasn't much of a threat. And since I was saying this at the very moment Camciasso was brought on for Riquelme and and was screaming when I saw Cruz come in, this isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20. It was bad movie when it happened.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 07:31:30 PM »
Argentina simply because they're gonna score goals regardless, their defense doesn't have to be amazing just solid for them to win and obviously Spain are going to destroy Paraguay unless they do their usual and bottle it, which i highly doubt

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 11:49:46 PM »
Argentina doesn't really have native people, it's the least indigenous of the Americas.  

Having two holding midfielders is better than having one holding midfielder and a tired Riquelme.  

It's one thing to not think it was fixed. But to think it was a good coaching decision is absurd. The best bet strategically for that match was to take off the old and tired Crespo and replace him with Messi. The coach changed the hole line up for the game against Germany and brought on guys as subs that hadn't played at all prior to that game. It'll take a lot for me to convince anyone that soccer is fixed, but it shouldn't take much to show you terrible coaching cost them the game against Germany.

It's very simple; you keep Riquelme on and you bring on Cambiassio for Gonzalez, then you take of Crespo and bring on Messi. Losing their goalie to injury, and what should have been a red card on Klose I think it was, probably hurt strategy a bit, but bringing in Julio Cruz and keeping Gonzalez on is just plain stupid. You need some sort of offensive playmaking ability if you give up a goal in the last 15 minutes. Tevez hadn't played many full games at that point and would have been tired, and with out Messi or Riquelme to be creative he wasn't much of a threat. And since I was saying this at the very moment Camciasso was brought on for Riquelme and and was screaming when I saw Cruz come in, this isn't a case of hindsight being 20/20. It was bad movie when it happened.

Cambiasso for Riquelme was good at the moment, and plenty of managers would do that move again.  Riquelme wouldn't have been a useful player in the ET, might as well try to protect the lead.  But that's just me...and I doubt the "fix was in" if me and other managers would have done the same thing. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:56:42 PM by Javier »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 08:08:53 AM »

Cambiasso for Riquelme was good at the moment, and plenty of managers would do that move again.  Riquelme wouldn't have been a useful player in the ET, might as well try to protect the lead.  But that's just me...and I doubt the "fix was in" if me and other managers would have done the same thing. 

If you would do the same thing in hindsight then I don't want to talk to you about soccer ever again. No manager would do it again, unless they wanted to get fired. It's simple. He was fired for that move. If you were a manager you would do things that purposely get you fired. Good for you.

Cambiasso for Gonzalez was the better move, and Messi for Crespo.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 08:54:05 AM »
Yeah, I'm the ONLY person that would dare to put two holding midfielders to protect a lead come on man. 

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Elano

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »
There's some bad blood because 4 years ago when they lost in the penalty shootout they starting talking shit and pushing, hitting players, which led to Frings being banned for the semifinal because he defended himself - and he was a very imporant player at this point.

Also, after the "friendly" game back in March or so, Maradona pretended to not know who Müller is and left the press conference, which was very disrespectful.

Yep I remember that game.  Typical Argentina.  Mexico faces Argentina plenty of times to see that most of the time they always bust that bullshit. 

Argentina only lost that game because because the German-Jewish Argentine coach decided with only a 1 goal lead that both Riquelme and Crespo were okay to be put on the bench, and the usual replacement for Crespo, Messi, wasn't put in. Riquelme had no usual replacement. He was a game finisher and a great time killer with his ball holding skills. And people said I was stupid to say the fix was in.

The fix will not be in this time. Schweinsteiger and his Nazi heritage is going back to Germany sooner than later.

Argentina is full of german and other european blood though so eh, it's practically a European team

argentinians are pretty much italians

look at most of their last names as one example

German... Italian... Either way they have inferior blood.

compared to holland ?  :loser: :nawty:

Leggy Hendrix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »
Yeah, I'm the ONLY person that would dare to put two holding midfielders to protect a lead come on man. 

IN HINDSIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you would do the same thing you're a twit.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »
Always go with the high percentage move

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »
Always go with the high percentage move

Why are we arguing. It's like saying I'd go with the field goal if I knew it was going to miss. If you know the kick will be missed you'd go for it on 4th down. Even if it was 4th and 50. Because you know the field goal will be no good.

So in Argentina's case, if you know the Germans will tie it and you still play the safe defensive subs and leave no play makers on the offense to get a goal in ET then you deserve to get fired. I know it a stupid hypothetical. But I said in hindsight it was a bad move and you still tried to disagree. The substitutions lead to a goal. So if you could go back and change it you'd change the substitutes. It's simple. It doesn't mean in the next game the next year would you change the philosophy. It might work the next time. But in the time you know it won't work, if you go with it anyway you're a twit. You get what I'm saying?

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 03:25:06 AM »
There's some bad blood because 4 years ago when they lost in the penalty shootout they starting talking shit and pushing, hitting players, which led to Frings being banned for the semifinal because he defended himself - and he was a very imporant player at this point.

Also, after the "friendly" game back in March or so, Maradona pretended to not know who Müller is and left the press conference, which was very disrespectful.

Yep I remember that game.  Typical Argentina.  Mexico faces Argentina plenty of times to see that most of the time they always bust that bullshit. 

Argentina only lost that game because because the German-Jewish Argentine coach decided with only a 1 goal lead that both Riquelme and Crespo were okay to be put on the bench, and the usual replacement for Crespo, Messi, wasn't put in. Riquelme had no usual replacement. He was a game finisher and a great time killer with his ball holding skills. And people said I was stupid to say the fix was in.

The fix will not be in this time. Schweinsteiger and his Nazi heritage is going back to Germany sooner than later.

Argentina is full of german and other european blood though so eh, it's practically a European team

German... Italian... Either way they have inferior blood.

compared to holland ?  :loser: :nawty:

that's why Italy has 4 world cup titles, Germany 3, and Netherlands 0,0000000000    :laugh:

westsiderider323

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »

they are when they speak spanish they kinda have an italian accent to it