Author Topic: The West Coast lost the West coast vs East coast historic rap battle  (Read 739 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The West Coast lost the West coast vs East coast historic rap battle
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 09:40:12 PM »
the east artist (new york rappers) started all the hating,from when schoolly d came out they hated on him from being from philly, they hated on the west before we blew up big time,they always fronted on artist when doing shows,they hated on the south and two live crew when they was getting shit pop'n, doug e fresh did an interview hating yes mr nice doug e fresh, and even yall know about the east boo'n nwa at the apollo, and candy man had made a diss record to the east way before pac and big started beef'n yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 10:11:35 PM »
you stupid, there was no real West Coast vs East battle or beef. That was made up by the media to stir shit up and sell magazines

lol yes there was, artists said that just to keep the blame off them. but the tupac and biggie beef was just between them.

Penthous playerz clique - P.S phuk u 2

dj quik "cuz east coast is the enemy"

theres been many east vs west disses. when they say it wasnt east or west coast beef they mean in the terms of pac n biggie/ outlaws n junior mafia.

So a handful of rappers buy into the media and suddenly it's an East West beef. The whole shit was a few handful of people and suddenly it's some large beef. The only MAJOR players where Deathrow and Bad Boy with a few shots traded by a small handful of people outside of that

.... your a moron homie, obviously you need to school yourself on some more old school shit, i don tknow how many east vs west songs there were and most arnt from deathrow nobody in deathrow except suge, pac and the outlaws had beef with badboy.

you needs to go back to school

You need to get the dick out your mouth and shut the fuck up.

The focal point of the beef was during the Pac and Biggie time. Other than that, it was a few shots taken from a few people. And educate yourself folk, Snoop Dogg on stage yelling "The East Coast ain't got no love for Dr. Dre and Snoop and Deathrow! Ya'll don't love us??!!" Most artist say that this is when the "East Coast vs West Coast" beef started when Suge dissed Puffy on stage. And as well the Dogg Pound video for New York, New York. Step yo game up
'

your a fucking moron you dumbshit, go actually listen to music and real interviews that that E! bull shit.

Stop getting your hip-hop news from VH1 and listen to what the artist involved are actually saying you online trash
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »
the east artist (new york rappers) started all the hating,from when schoolly d came out they hated on him from being from philly, they hated on the west before we blew up big time,they always fronted on artist when doing shows,they hated on the south and two live crew when they was getting shit pop'n, doug e fresh did an interview hating yes mr nice doug e fresh, and even yall know about the east boo'n nwa at the apollo, and candy man had made a diss record to the east way before pac and big started beef'n yell

i never knew that.  i knew Dougie had said some slick shit out his mouth b4, i saw that clip somewhere but i ain't know about NWA gettin boo'd at tha apollo and Scholly D gettin' clowned.  this is definitely too old 2 be talking about still but at the end of the day DeathRow and BadBoy made it in2 what it waz, not Candy Man, not anybody else, all them niggaz did was start off the competition as far as i'm concerned.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:33:05 PM by Super Nigga Doobie Roach »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 10:48:34 PM »
The West's struggles aren't due to anything that happened in 1996

True, any west coast/east coast shit has been deaded for a long time. I think it has more to do with our rappers not being connected to our own radio stations or djs. There's this mentality out that being from the west coast means you ain't hot and therefore you ain't shit. Even someone like Glasses Malone who tries to play to the south and even has a cosign from lil wayne can't accomplish shit. There's really no simple solution to the problem.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 12:38:58 AM »
The West's struggles aren't due to anything that happened in 1996; it's that the new West rappers are spitting the same style as 1996, but worse.

As much as it shames me to say, they need to get down with the times.

Don't think it's about the same ol' west side story, today's mainstream rap fans are about dance rap, they've moved on from gangsta rap....... and you know WC don't do dance, lol.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »
well the west coast rap scene first got off on some electro dance shit,so why not go bacc to it,bangloose is doing it and the b.e.p. sold more then all these new cats combined out here going bacc to somewhat our original sound, i now equals here get a fucc'n hard on for some gangsta shit but shit goes in cycles and our original shit  is in style now yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 12:16:26 PM »
This beef was real. But it was real way before the "beef" most of yall are thinkin of. Westcoast artists had been frustrated with NY media and the hate they showed far before Deathrow blew up. And then afterwards as well, the East basically hated its way back into relevance. Oh well...fuck em. Thats why I listen to music i like, and not music that gets on the radio. I'll leave that shit for the squares...

You cant tell me this didnt have anything to do with a beef with the Eastcoast...

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

papa-smurf

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 01:34:56 PM »
the west won the battle but lost the war.Because people actual started getting scared of the west,people didnt feel safe when the westcoast was in the rap game, so yea the west got blackballed.

Blasphemy

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 02:44:04 PM »
East-West battle despite this shit being old as fuck and pretty much dead, with only a few resonating issues, really grew prominence with Tim Doggs track "Fuck Compton". I mean I couldn't understand how the song had actually got play considering the video was retarded, and Tim Dogg was essentially Dickriding the West Coast Aggressive Style(Which for the record was ours, the G-Side of it was Schooly Ds, but the Aggression was more or less a West phoneme back then).

Essentially it was always there, New York wanted the Rap scene for it's own and West Coast was becoming a big market in the Genre to the point were it was Essentially the entire market (Aside from a Few Land Mark releases). It started becoming more of a Media and Mainstream thing when Death Row's artist got involved and really grew steam with the 2pac-Biggie becoming a Focal Point.

The beef between the Coast was Real in a Sense, but the Media is what really over blew it to the point where it seems like Rappers would blast on niggaz from the Rival Coast. The reality is it was only a few artist pissed off at the others scene because it seemed like either they didn't show respect or they were getting all the glory. In order for people to really get the reality of it you'd have to divulge deep into the Very beginnings of the Westcoast Scene beyond just the Major Acts. So yeah essentially it was a beef, but the media overblew it.

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »
Did anyone care to mention some other key players in that dissing era was the W.S.C aka Cube, W.C. and Mack 10???  Critics in N.Y. and West side Slaughterhouse both took jabs at them haters on the Eastcoast........on the East you had Mobb Deep involved, also CNN and a lot more dissing.....If I'm not mistaken on I Shot Ya even LL and all the rest of them on the song was dissing the West.......You can say it wasn't a East/West beef media blah blah blah, but if you listen to them songs I mention you can hear it for yourself.....

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »
^^yeah the shit was clearly there. Real shit, to this day...IF I even buy a rap CD...I still NEVER buy anything from the East. They on that hate shit and used to do everything they could to keep our records off the airways and out of the stores out there. So fuck it. Ive never bought their shit since then. I swear to u, I think the last Eastcoast CD I bought was some original Wu-Tang shit back in the day. Other than that, I pretty much only support artists from the West...and mostly S.D.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »
Damn thats crazy tho...2 not buy any eastcoast cds...im not sayin thats bad jus never knew anyone that took it that far...what bout when theres a concert etc...or a movie and lets say cubes n it but method man or bustas in...u dont go or?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »
^^yeah the shit was clearly there. Real shit, to this day...IF I even buy a rap CD...I still NEVER buy anything from the East. They on that hate shit and used to do everything they could to keep our records off the airways and out of the stores out there. So fuck it. Ive never bought their shit since then. I swear to u, I think the last Eastcoast CD I bought was some original Wu-Tang shit back in the day. Other than that, I pretty much only support artists from the West...and mostly S.D.

That's misplaced resentment. Is that the rapper's fault or is that the people in charge of the radio stations out there? Shit, it ain't Nas's fault that some dj on the east coast won't play an Ice Cube song. Especially nowadays when even our own radio stations won't play shit.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:39:38 PM by rapsodie is a hip hop elitist »

Blasphemy

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »
Did anyone care to mention some other key players in that dissing era was the W.S.C aka Cube, W.C. and Mack 10???  Critics in N.Y. and West side Slaughterhouse both took jabs at them haters on the Eastcoast........on the East you had Mobb Deep involved, also CNN and a lot more dissing.....If I'm not mistaken on I Shot Ya even LL and all the rest of them on the song was dissing the West.......You can say it wasn't a East/West beef media blah blah blah, but if you listen to them songs I mention you can hear it for yourself.....

Yeah because there was a beef. WSC was invented to give west coast Artist pride, because there was westcoast artist dickriding New York and it was also made to embrace the West Aggressive style because the East Coast and rap "Purist" (Bunch of faggot shit imo) were critical of the style that west coast artist were coming with.  

I've never bought a East Coast CD. Strangely enough I never realized it. The only non-West I have is Slim Shady. Slaughter House is basically the only thing I own that's inner-coastal. Amerikka's Most Wanted and Kill at Will are basically the only things other then L.A.X. that have a east-coast sound I've bought.

That's misplaced resentment. Is that the rapper's fault or is that the people in charge of the radio stations out there? Shit, it ain't Nas's fault that some dj on the east coast won't play an Ice Cube song. Especially nowadays when even our own radio stations won't play shit.

This is why I boycott the Radio in General because it's all censored bullshit.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:52:30 PM by Blasphemy »

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 06:06:34 PM »

No it isnt. I dont hate the rappers on the Eastcoast. But if Im going to spend my money, Im doin it to support the West. And as of late, mainly to support local artists here.  If Im not, then who is? Cus the East for damn sure aint gonna support our shit. They wouldnt support the West even when the West was dominating and their artists were copying our style. And yeah, the Eastcoast radio stations wont play the shit out there...and its strait up hatred. Especially when our stations still play their bullshit (which I cat stand). But if you think any Eastcoast artists (especially back in the day) were gonna stand up and say..."Hey...these stations are actin like bitches and making us look like haters", youre wrong. The artists MIGHT (and I say might) not have had anything to do with what the radio stations chose to do...but by not questioning it, they were encouraging it.