Author Topic: NFL Week 8 Thread  (Read 822 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: NFL Week 8 predictions
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »
the fact that we were within one play of leading 7-6 the whole game amazes me

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 02:01:43 PM »

Sanchize baby!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »

Sanchize baby!

:nawty: don't disrespect
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »
^ lol just bein a dick

CJ should have caught 4th down pass. Collins had some erratic throws though. Too bad VY got hurt He was ballin. He would have lead the comeback properly..

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »
What a nail-biter in KC. Haley is really screwing with the team with his going for it on 4th downs, but they squeaked out in the end and that's all that counts. 5-2 and soon to be AFC West Champs. And for all the haters that say they almost lost to Buffalo they aren't that good and didn't say that about Baltimore, I could care less what you think.

Yeah, what a game!  Can't imagine what Buffalo fans are going through right now (well, actually this is nothing compared to losing four straight Superbowls).  But for Buffalo to play so well the last couple weeks and lose the way that they have has got to be completely demoralizing to their spirit. 

I thought Chan coached a great game.  Chan was cool, calm and collected as always.  But to be threatening around the Chiefs 40 yard line for three possessions only needing a field goal to win, and to end up with a missed field goal (after a make gets taken away), an interception (on a ball that slips out QB's hand), and a sack that takes you out of field goal range... TOUGH LOSS!

Jamal Charles looked sensational today.  Without rookie Dexter McCluster he was able to go out for more passes and get extra action on a few end around plays, and then as a running back I don't think anybody can fuck with him right now... EVEN CHRIS JOHNSON!!

And KC fans as always hatin on Cassel even in a win, but Cassel played very efficient today, 1 touchdown, no interceptions.  And he made the big passes when he needed to hitting rookie Tight End Tony Moaki when it counted most.

btw, what about Haley and Charlie Wies's empty backfield pass call on 4th and 2?

Crazy game! (waiting for Shallow's reply)

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »
What a nail-biter in KC. Haley is really screwing with the team with his going for it on 4th downs, but they squeaked out in the end and that's all that counts. 5-2 and soon to be AFC West Champs. And for all the haters that say they almost lost to Buffalo they aren't that good and didn't say that about Baltimore, I could care less what you think.

Yeah, what a game!  Can't imagine what Buffalo fans are going through right now (well, actually this is nothing compared to losing four straight Superbowls).  But for Buffalo to play so well the last couple weeks and lose the way that they have has got to be completely demoralizing to their spirit. 

I thought Chan coached a great game.  Chan was cool, calm and collected as always.  But to be threatening around the Chiefs 40 yard line for three possessions only needing a field goal to win, and to end up with a missed field goal (after a make gets taken away), an interception (on a ball that slips out QB's hand), and a sack that takes you out of field goal range... TOUGH LOSS!

Jamal Charles looked sensational today.  Without rookie Dexter McCluster he was able to go out for more passes and get extra action on a few end around plays, and then as a running back I don't think anybody can fuck with him right now... EVEN CHRIS JOHNSON!!

And KC fans as always hatin on Cassel even in a win, but Cassel played very efficient today, 1 touchdown, no interceptions.  And he made the big passes when he needed to hitting rookie Tight End Tony Moaki when it counted most.

btw, what about Haley and Charlie Wies's empty backfield pass call on 4th and 2?

Crazy game! (waiting for Shallow's reply)

That short pass was ridiculous. You have to at least tease a run play when you're a run team playing against a bad run D. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it a 3rd and 1 play followed by a punt? The 4th and 2 was the risk taker at the 19 yard line that ended up in a sack and the backfield was not empty.

Either way both plays were very stupid. First, not going for the FG that would have most likely ended the game in regulation time was absurd, and obviously Haley's fault. I'll give the blame to Wies for the no backfield play. That was just silly. The only way I'd agree with that is if it was 3rd and a long 3 or 4 and the play call was a run up the middle by Cassel. 3rd and 1 with Charles or Jones is an easy play to make against the Bills.

The Cheifs need to stop trying to fool teams and start just focusing on basics. Bowe needs to work on his game, because say what you want about the old SB Pats WRs but they were very good at adjusting and making plays after something went wrong, and it made up for their inability to break free or make circus catches. Bowe had a TD in his hands and dropped it, and a couple of other bad throws tipped were still makeable receptions if he had a little more wit and grit to him. I'm starting to think KC may have benefited a lot from a Deion Branch trade that may have been a possibility earlier in the year.

KC with that TD drop and the 30 yard FG they didn't try, and the fumble recovery that was just an inch out of bounds did outplay the Bills and should have put them away earlier. But they are a growing team and hopefully by playoff time they'll get the kinks out of the system.

The Bills are so far gone I can't get upset by them losing. But with Fitz playing so well and The Bills not akin to sign a 30 million dollar rookie in Ryan Mallot, I'm not sure what they should do with the number 1 pick assuming they get it. If they stick it out with the 3-4 then I say trade the pick for a 1st and 2nd round pick of another top ten pick team who really wants Mallot. Then make sure you get the best nose guard available. If they can just beef up their lines they'll be a solid team. It's the o-line that's hurting the run game and the D-line that's making the other teams run game look better than it is. We do not need a QB or the #1 pick. Fitz can lead this team for the next 5 years at least.

I'll say this though. I'm pretty sure you can find a post of mine from 6 or 7 months ago that says the Bills should get Wies as HC and hire Crennel as DC and we'd make a run. In hindsight the best bet would have been Marty at HC with Wies and Romeo as the OC and DC, and we may have been 5-2 right now. And sorry but the Chiefs may have been 0-7. But it didn't work out that way, so Go Chiefs Go!

SO PRUP

Re: NFL Week 8 Thread
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2010, 09:37:23 PM »
Raider Nation will lose to the seahawks!

Co sign  8)

never that!

Radier Nation!  4-4

Road to 12-4 begins today!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 09:42:33 PM »

Co sign  8)

never that!

Radier Nation!  4-4

Yeah it is good to see Heyward-Bey is starting to play better. McFadden is beastin and Campbell is getting into a rhythm with the offense. Bring on KC

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 01:11:18 PM »
Is it just me or did CJ have under 100 yards in a Titan loss?

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »
Is it me or was Young smoking them through the air? They got lucky he got hurt.

Is it me or did the Jets not score a point at home?

Young > Sanchez

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »
Is it me or was Young smoking them through the air? They got lucky he got hurt.

Is it me or did the Jets not score a point at home?

Young > Sanchez

LOL, Ravens, Pats, Vikings & Packers >>> anyone the Titans have played this season besides the Steelers & they shockingly lost that game.

The Ravens & Packers have two great defenses; so against better defenses with more of a "run first" mentality Sanchez has thrown for more yards, equal amount of TDs & I don't know if you saw those two BULLSHIT interception calls yesterday, but Mark should only have two also.

I'll be the first to tell you that neither are elite QBs, probably not even in the Top 15 in the league & I can admit that without the run game, they would both be far worse.

I need some credible wins before I can say otherwise.

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »
^ of course they are both run mentality teams but I will take Young over Sanchez because of his mobility option. I don't think Sanchez is a better passer, not worst, but equal. Young has done a great job taking care of the ball and that was his biggest problem.

Neither are top 15.

U think the Vikings are better than the Giants? No freaking way LOL. I wouldn't even say the Ravens or Packers are better than the Giants (equal at best). And we smoked the Giants 29-10.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 04:09:30 PM »
Cham is a Giant-hater  (pun intended)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »
Cham is a Giant-hater  (pun intended)

LOL. The Giants looked miserable back then. But the Ravens are easily one of the two best teams in Football & I'd say the Packers are in the same ballpark as the Giants, but heads up, give me the Packers all day.

The Vikings aren't better than the Giants, but the Vikings are no walk in the park. Shit, the Dolphins are even a tough team.

I'll give Vince mobility in terms of advancing the ball/rushing (easily); but Mark has amazing footwork & can throw on the run like a champion.

theremedy360

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »

Co sign  8)

never that!

Radier Nation!  4-4

Well played sir, you kicked the shit out of us.