Author Topic: People say Dre fell off after '06?  (Read 2033 times)

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: People say Dre fell off after '06?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »
Even Dave chappelle thinks that dre fell off after the chronic..........and all these idiots saying he fell off after 06..........I say PLEASE
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
Funny how insane people are. All of the beats on Relapse were dope. You can say what you want about Eminem over them, but they were bangin'.

Let's be honest, most people today co-sign those 808 claps on Southern music like it belongs in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame.

Give me a Dre beat over 95% of the industry.

It's HILARIOUS to me how so many of you can talk shit about Dre day in & day out, but then he drops music & you're all running to it, giving it your critique. If you have such low standards for Dre these days, what's the point of going so hard over his music? Just let him drop what he drops.

If he "fell off", don't listen to him. This isn't a rant defending Dre, this is me mindboggled over the hypocrisy of people lol.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
I love the Brother Man Dr. Dre.........and I will always be checking for him........all the time.......but He fell off...he doesn't make dope music anymore...that doesn't mean I don't still have love for him............
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 12:39:54 AM »
his last good beat was Outta Control Remix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 02:46:27 AM »
Funny how insane people are. All of the beats on Relapse were dope. You can say what you want about Eminem over them, but they were bangin'.

Let's be honest, most people today co-sign those 808 claps on Southern music like it belongs in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame.

Give me a Dre beat over 95% of the industry....
yea i agree with you. Beats on relapse were crazy and even if we agree that Dr Dre fell off he`s still better than majority of producers right now.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 04:22:18 AM »
his most recent stuff has been dope IMO, the Relapse album and Ridaz and So Bad I enjoyed

I didn't like that he produced only couple of tracks on Recovery would have liked to hear more Relapse had some good beats and some not so good ones

I would've liked more Dre tracks on Recovery as well but I thought Relapse had dope production. I think Dre's confidence took a hit when Under Pressure leaked and got negative response

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 05:17:15 AM »
He IS a shadow of his former self, but to be fair to the man, his former self was the best producer in hip-hop, and its tough to follow what he's done. Especially in this throw-away internet era.

When I initially heard "Kush" i thought it was rubbish but the more I've heard it the more I've enjoyed it. I think he can still knock a great album out...if it ever happens.

As for the initial post about the beats on Recovery...not one beat on that album really got me interested to be honest. Eminem is way too "pop" and commerical these days for me to take him seriously as an artist though so that may be why.
how is he a shadow of his former self?

Give me a Dre beat over 95% of the industry.

It's HILARIOUS to me how so many of you can talk shit about Dre day in & day out, but then he drops music & you're all running to it, giving it your critique. If you have such low standards for Dre these days, what's the point of going so hard over his music? Just let him drop what he drops.

If he "fell off", don't listen to him. This isn't a rant defending Dre, this is me mindboggled over the hypocrisy of people lol.
i know what you mean.
some of them were telling others to get over Detox, yet they were quick to check out Kush :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:18:56 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 06:19:27 AM »
his most recent stuff has been dope IMO, the Relapse album and Ridaz and So Bad I enjoyed

I didn't like that he produced only couple of tracks on Recovery would have liked to hear more Relapse had some good beats and some not so good ones

I would've liked more Dre tracks on Recovery as well but I thought Relapse had dope production. I think Dre's confidence took a hit when Under Pressure leaked and got negative response
Relapse was aiight Under Pressure got bsd feedbsck cause it was wack and Kush beat is nothing special even though Dre didn't produce it

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 06:49:40 AM »
For the sake of this thread, who do yall think is better than Dre at producing right now? I know some will say Kanye, and maybe Timbo, but to me those are the only 2 that can be compared at the moment.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 06:56:57 AM »

Relapse was aiight Under Pressure got bsd feedbsck cause it was wack and Kush beat is nothing special even though Dre didn't produce it

Relapse is really slept on production wise, and I think Dre didnt have time to work on Recovery that much because he was working on Detox. Kush is produced by Khalil but has Dre influences in it.

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
People are ingnorant! Dre will always be Dre and music never stays the same and of course people will like some tracks better then other but if you a real fan and supporter you got to give it up! I think Dre is going to do what is right and just be Dre! He ain't fell off!!

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!

Matty

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
For the sake of this thread, who do yall think is better than Dre at producing right now? I know some will say Kanye, and maybe Timbo, but to me those are the only 2 that can be compared at the moment.

people out there right now - DJ Quik, Danja. No way Dre has lost it, Make Up Sex gives a glimpse of the crazy new drum sounds, but i gotta hear some of his own shit for Detox and 2011 gangsta beats for Slim The Mobster.

papa-smurf

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 10:39:22 AM »
Is anybody looking at the fact that dre been out since like 1980.shit 4 him 2 make hits from 1980-2006 is a good run.what other producer or rapper could say they been around that long.but its 2011 and dre could still make hot records.i give props 2 guys like dre, ice cube,ll cool j 4 being able 2 still be active after so long

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »

Factor, Apollo Brown, Kno, Black Milk, Maker, Blue Sky Black Death, Alchemist, Oddisee, Jake One, Madlib, Big K.R.I.T...and these are only the dudes who put in major heat this year. I could add more but I think you get the point. What did Dre even produce this year?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:32:15 AM by THE RAPTURE »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
this is another "beating the "dead horse"" type of thread.  chill foreal.

i just think some fans don't know when to voice their opinions.  sometimes it always shakes shit up for nothin.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:35:00 PM by RadioTube!™ »