Poll

which album do you prefer?

Relapse
55 (74.3%)
Recovery
19 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery  (Read 1187 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2011, 10:48:48 AM »
Eminem said he wants to play a big role in Slaughterhouse's next album. If he's on a big single or if he even goes as far as putting his name on the album, like "Eminem presents: Slaughterhouse" or something along those lines. Watch them sell twice as many records, which still isn't a lot. But goes to prove the point that Eminem can double sales lol.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Didnt that Re-up album go platinum with little promotion. Not that i think Slaughterhouse will go platinum, if they reach 100k they'll have done well.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »
Didnt that Re-up album go platinum with little promotion. Not that i think Slaughterhouse will go platinum, if they reach 100k they'll have done well.

100k will all come down to how publicly Eminem makes it that he's working with them.

But part of me feels like I'd rather Eminem just keep it less public & do a really good job on it opposed to possibly selling them out & helping them sell 100k.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
What did the first album sell. 20-30k. As long as some dopemusic comes from this im happy.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2011, 01:15:51 PM »
^Na, I bet Eminem doesn't really think that. It's just marketing. Trying to make people believe that this (Recovery) is better then that (Relapse) & since his fans love almost anything he puts out, it makes it seem that much better than he can diss his own shit after they loved it.

I honestly think Eminem doesn't like Relapse, he doesn't have to resort to marketing ploys to sell albums, Relapse sold well without many hits.
but he does resort to it, just look at his singles

your right, I was thinking about Crack A Bottle but I totally forgot about We Made You which is an example of what you are saying.

but you are right that his name is worth$$$

yeah I think Em could release an album with no singles and go platinum, but to sell 3-4 million and please Jimmy he has to make those type of tracks

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
relapse  ftw
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 02:25:21 AM »
^Na, I bet Eminem doesn't really think that. It's just marketing. Trying to make people believe that this (Recovery) is better then that (Relapse) & since his fans love almost anything he puts out, it makes it seem that much better than he can diss his own shit after they loved it.

I honestly think Eminem doesn't like Relapse, he doesn't have to resort to marketing ploys to sell albums, Relapse sold well without many hits.
but he does resort to it, just look at his singles

your right, I was thinking about Crack A Bottle but I totally forgot about We Made You which is an example of what you are saying.

but you are right that his name is worth$$$

yeah I think Em could release an album with no singles and go platinum, but to sell 3-4 million and please Jimmy he has to make those type of tracks
i don't think it's just jimmy, although i remember reading that he came up with the strategy.

apparently Eminem is happy with interscope, otherwise he would have left the label after encore

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2011, 02:48:55 AM »
I thought RELAPSE was way better, not just 'cause of production either. Despite the accent, Em was far more entertaining on that album than on Recovery. Plus, it had tastes of the old "Slim Shady" Em from the '99-'01 years sprinkled throughout some songs. Recovery pretty much follows today's mainstream Hip Pop.

Plus:

Deja Vu >>> Recovery... easily.

MistaNova

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:14 AM »
Relapse, partly due to it being the only one out of the two I bothered listening to. And because I liked a majority of the songs on it.

Jay_J

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »
very cruel pool
you have to make a choice between "eminem who is rapping with bad accent and average flows" and "eminem who is only yelling"

HighEyeCue

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »
very cruel pool
you have to make a choice between "eminem who is rapping with bad accent and average flows" and "eminem who is only yelling"

I thought his flow was very good on both albums, its always been a strength of his.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »
very cruel pool

I thought his flow was very good on both albums, its always been a strength of his.
i'd say the flow is better on Relapse

Jay_J

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »
very cruel pool

as a person who listened to marshal mathers lp and the eminem show albums, i don't think his flow is "good" on both albums... only "same song and dance" on relapse impressed according to his flow on that one...

if his flow is very good on both albums, how we gonna call his flow on "lose yourself" ?

Johnny_B

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »
If Eminem included 'My Darling' and 'Careful what you wish for' and possibly replaced those with 'We Made You' and '3AM', it would have been miles ahead of recovery. From a production standpoint, Its relapse. But lyrically, I would go for recovery.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
His flow is without doubt superior on Relapse, it's just he uses the accent & some questionable lyrics to make it flawless.

But I guess those are flaws, so he has a flawed flawless flow on Relapse. :P