Author Topic: Next Release From WIDEawake Is...  (Read 1552 times)

procrastiNate

Next Release From WIDEawake Is...
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
supposedly an O.F.T.B. album in July according to bomb1st.com. Admin at the official Death Row site said that whenever the newsletter is sent out sometime this week, it will say which album is being released next by WA and when it will drop. I'm hoping we don't have to wait until July but that most likely seems to be the case.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Next Release From WIDEawake Is...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
You'd think WIDEawake would be scrambling right now trying to find out if they have enough unreleased Nate Dogg tracks for an album.  I'm sure there are enough songs with Nate Dogg singing the hooks (Nobody Playin Games, Every Single Day OG version, Crook In Me, couple of songs with him and Daz, etc).  Not that i'm condoning they try to capitalize off his death, but as a business decision, an unreleased Nate Dogg death row compilation would sell very well right now.  I know Nate took all of his solo masters with him when he left...but maybe an unreleased album titled "featuring Nate Dogg" or something like that.  I'd buy it.

An OFTB album would be awesome too, as long as it's not just a rehash of the Missing DR Files bootleg.  Of course, rumor had it they redid a lot of their vocals, so if WIDEawake released the OG versions of the songs, that might work too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:55:16 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 08:52:45 PM »
Interesting choice. Wonder how much of it is going to be rehashed from "The Missing DR Files". I was curious as to what other albums they were dropping; supposedly they had 6 other albums planned for this year besides Sam Sneed and LBC Crew.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 09:09:22 PM »
from what i hear the album will be untouched, the og album will be intact not the re-done version

Quadruple OG

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »
from what i hear the album will be untouched, the og album will be intact not the re-done version

The album they were supposed to drop on DR, not the one FTP released, right?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 09:21:10 PM »
You'd think WIDEawake would be scrambling right now trying to find out if they have enough unreleased Nate Dogg tracks for an album.  I'm sure there are enough songs with Nate Dogg singing the hooks (Nobody Playin Games, Every Single Day OG version, Crook In Me, couple of songs with him and Daz, etc).  Not that i'm condoning they try to capitalize off his death, but as a business decision, an unreleased Nate Dogg death row compilation would sell very well right now.  I know Nate took all of his solo masters with him when he left...but maybe an unreleased album titled "featuring Nate Dogg" or something like that.  I'd buy it.

An OFTB album would be awesome too, as long as it's not just a rehash of the Missing DR Files bootleg.  Of course, rumor had it they redid a lot of their vocals, so if WIDEawake released the OG versions of the songs, that might work too.
I think Nate Dogg might have retained his publishing rights when he left Death Row.

Portugoal

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »

WA doesn't have anyone employed with common sense, so don't count on anything you'd like to see released. We don't know if they could legally release Nate Dogg material, but I like your idea. I'd buy it.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 09:36:01 PM »

CORRECT

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »
nate dogg stole the master reels when he left.  :D

Quadruple OG

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »

I think Nate Dogg might have retained his publishing rights when he left Death Row.

Thought he got them via a court case.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 09:41:28 PM »

CORRECT

Wonder how much different (other than the rerecorded vocals) the two albums are. By the way, there's nothing on Bomb1st about that album dropping.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 09:43:56 PM »

CORRECT

Wonder how much different (other than the rerecorded vocals) the two albums are. By the way, there's nothing on Bomb1st about that album dropping.

the only differences are the vocals, the beats were untouched

Portugoal

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 09:46:27 PM »

CORRECT

the only differences are the vocals, the beats were untouched

Letdown #1 about this album: no original vocals.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »
Wait they went back and redid all their old vocals? Lol. I can't hate I kinda wish eminem would do that with some of his old songs.

Not interested tho. Other than "check yo hood" I was never a fan.

I want more crooked I or kurupt material. Unheard material!

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 02:54:52 AM »

Thought he got them via a court case.

yeah im sure wideawake doesn't want more trouble