Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks Detox “Dr. Dre Has Wrong People In His Environment”  (Read 7378 times)

midwestryder

My opinion, Dre not going to like what Snoop said.  He said the truth which was saying that everything he's putting out is trash and surrounding himself with wack ass muthafuckas

everyone around Dre will then tell him that Snoop is wack, because they all look stupid right now

Doggumentary wasn't any good and it didn't sell.  If anything Snoop should follow Dre's example and quit putting out half ass effort of albums, just to have an album out.

what the fuck are you talking about youngster. first fuck sales.  two doggumentary was one of snoop's dopest albums in last 10 years. doggumentary was one of best west coast albums this year with wc's  & dj quiks . you have no raste & no idea what you are talking about . doggumentary was what a real west coast album is suppose to sound like dipshit..

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
nothing but bad bitches around my team.

nothing but black cards inside my jeans.

dre sounded pretty good on that kardinal track, better than some of these new ones.

dre can still rap his ASS off. people hate on his rapping for no reason. his technique is still excellent and i like his "detox" voice but not everyone does... he sounded great on that song from relapse refill where him and em were going fast....

h2k4

My opinion, Dre not going to like what Snoop said.  He said the truth which was saying that everything he's putting out is trash and surrounding himself with wack ass muthafuckas

everyone around Dre will then tell him that Snoop is wack, because they all look stupid right now

Doggumentary wasn't any good and it didn't sell.  If anything Snoop should follow Dre's example and quit putting out half ass effort of albums, just to have an album out.

what the fuck are you talking about youngster. first fuck sales.  two doggumentary was one of snoop's dopest albums in last 10 years. doggumentary was one of best west coast albums this year with wc's  & dj quiks . you have no raste & no idea what you are talking about . doggumentary was what a real west coast album is suppose to sound like dipshit..

Lmao  ???

thegooddoc

Keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel better. Unfortunately you have to deal with the truth and the truth is that Snoop's album wasn't very good and its not just me. It is all of the other snoop fans that wouldn't waste their money on that garbage.  You are delusional if you think sales don't matter. Don't kid yourself, Snoop has hurt feelings because he doesn't sell anymore and he went from multi-platinum to not even going plastic.

BiggBoogaBiff

swear2god i JUST said that tha other day in a Dre/Detox thread (just look it up in my profile but whatever)....  I'll say it again, Dre needs to get a NEW Production Staff.  The Aftermath Staff has had it's run and it can't go on any further, "Relapse" is the best of the last.  C'mon pimpin' like i said let's keep this shit 1000:

Dre & Storch aren't gonna create a massive single or make some gigantic record (album cut) that's gonna completely shit on anything they've ever done and honestly it wouldn't even have 2 do that, their magic has faded a minute ago.  
Dre & Batson has never been really all that hot on more than half of the occasions.  
Dre & Elizondo for most of the 2000's have been lack luster, they've created some BANGIN ASS MUSIC no doubt but after "The Documentary" came out and he was doin' 50's chit like that I was always like "how long is this shit gonna last".  
Dre & Dawuan Parker has never been good "30 Something" was hot when it came out but everytime I hear it it reminds me of "Body And Soul" by OFTB.

Now Dre & Che Vicious is pretty nice.
Dre & Just Blaze have probably made some crazy ass records and they actually sound like they'd have some bomb ass chemistry (which is probably why Jus' has always been around).
Dre & Khalil, look i'll say this... I ALREADY KNOW Khalil is a tite producer and has been 1 of the better producers the WestCoast has bred since it made it's mark in 93'.  But the 2010/2011 DJ Khalil has been boring as fuck.  But I KNOW dude probably has thousands of records that's the hotness just laying around in the studio so I have a feeling that if Dre put Khalil on "Detox" that song "Kush" would be the laughing stock of the bunch... and speaking of "Kush" he should leave that shit off of there foreal foreal but I can't tell no grown ass man who's a legend in MUSIC what to do lol.

as for features:

Eminem - you know he's gonna be on there and it ain't gonna be no bullshit.  It'll most likely be everything we want in an Eminem verse(s).  As long as he's not on the hook doing that singing/chanting/whining/"die hard"/"my mom" shit everything's gonna be fine but in real life who actually needs an Eminem hook, who actually wants Eminem on their hook.  Starving artists would do it for the notoriety, any good/self respecting/respected artist wouldn't do that shit in the 2011 (Slaughterhouse doesn't count; seriously).
Slim Tha Mobster - it could be interesting but is it gonna be that elephant shit tho, does he really have it?
Sly -  :P
Slaughterhouse - nah i'm good.  i love the group but they couldn't rock a "Detox" track like that
Bishop Lamont - i think dude lost his steam and honestly as much as I respect Bishop I just couldn't hear him on "detox", maybe for like "The Message Pt. II" at the end of the album but that's it.
Busta Rhymes - yeah, that could work
The Game - nah.  unless satan takes over his soul or somethin
50 - he should've been 1 of the original writer's for "Detox".  I never understood why that was never established.  I mean it's not like Dre has to jack his flow (and he shouldn't) just to turn 50's raps into magic
Snoop Dogg - nothing needs to be said here
The DOC - again, nothing needs to be said here
T.I. - idk, i dont think so.  he could surprise us tho, it's not like those leaks were lackluster but truth be told "this is detox" was  :-[
Ludacris - nah
Young Knoxxx - honestly i'd have to hear more

what i'd like to see:  sorry but it's not like i dont know the truth about his beats lol
(production wise)

Dre + Kanye + RZA ("My Dark Fantasy Pt. II" type shit, without the long ass outro for no reason and without the album polish)
Dre + Bud'da (i know this sounds corny but take 1 of those old beats from the "DeathRow" and "Westside Connection" era and polish that bitch up in a real way)
Dre + Southside or Prince (just for tha Trapoholics out there.  could be a mixtape track if it's underwhelming, they'll know)
Dre + Just Blaze (gangsta shit tho)
Dre + Monsta Beatz (that combo would be sick.  Matter of fact take a little bit from ALL of Curren$y's producers and live band.  No Ski Beatz tho, it just wouldn't sound rite)
Dre + JUSTICE LEAGUE
Dre + Erick Sermon (it'd be interesting to hear atleast anyway, "Intro" maybe)
Dre + Alchemist
additional production assistance/instruments:  Shock G (pinch me), DJ Quik (on a track), Daz (synthesizer), Havoc

features:

Snoop
Tha Dogg Pound (Daz and Kurupt BOTH.  It won't be right without em both and they BOTH know that no matter wat Daz or Dre say)
Jay Rock
Kendrick Lamar (some funny gangsta shit tho)
Richie Rich
Eminem (just goin tha fuck off)
Devin
Tech N9ne
Scarface
Nipsey Hussle

Eazy E (i'm probably wishing too hard tho) - "new" verse tho
Makaveli (it was always a great unjustice to Hip Hop and music in general that we never got a Dre/Snoop/Pac trio collaboration)

Patti Labelle
Aretha Franklin
Chaka Khan
Amy Winehouse
Mary Mary
Nate Dogg (should i pinched for this)
Eryka Badu

DJ Easy Dicc

at the end of the day i think if this album falls into the whole 3 note piano boom bap thing it'll be a blower for everybody  :P... i've always had my faith tho
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:40:22 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Dre relies a lot on the people in the studio with him. The team of Storch, Elizondo, eminem, hitman, and Mel-Man worked beautifully for him. And we have a great record (2001) to prove it. I don't know exactly what his team was at Death Row, but I think it was The Glove, RBX, barney, butch, snoop, tony green... that crew didn't stay together too long, but they must have had incredible synergy in the studio. those beats just came together so beautifully. and now whatever team he's with, it's just is not working. From writers to musicians to engineers to executives its just not working at all. there are plenty of people that dre has worked very well with in his career, and he knows shit worked with them, so i'm assuming money and ego's are the reason why he is now with the wrong people. and now he's gonna have the wrong record out as a result. no disrespect to mark batson though, that dude is amazing and i doubt he's the problem.
the current musicians are great, that's not the problem.

it's dre

GangstaBoogy

Lmao @ Hollywood Bilderberg

So you don't want slaughterhouse or ti involved but you want wackass 50 to be a writer? Geez

All I want is doc, snoop, cube, nas, raekwon, kurupt, busta, eminem, nikki grier, and nate dogg.

Those features plus some acutal dre production and we have a winner
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

Oops gotta add game, ti, knoc, and crook to that list
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It seems like Dre has basically been involved with everyone who is anyone in the making of this album. The only person who can get this album out is Dre, not Snoop, not Em, not Jimmy, Dre. Doesn't matter who's around him, so the point Snoops making is kind of pointless because he's been in studio sessions with him. Everyone has said Dre has amazing shit, so it's obviously not the quality of the music that's the problem, it's Dre's confidence.

Will_B

They're in no rush to put the album out. Thats obvious. Dres got Commercials, products and sponsors piggy backing every leak and snippet that ends up 'not being for Detox'. It's all tv or web marketing. Detox will drop as soon as that stratagy is played out and it'll be all over the media whatever fans think of it or Dre.

HighEyeCue

first DOC comes out and says this and now Snoop, they are both right and seem bitter about it at the same time

bouli77

i guess dre really needs a doctor (a shrink more specifically) to be able to finish and release his album lol.

cmk1

• Lil Geezy
hold up wait a minute...

would anyone be interested in a sly solo album? :whistle:
I've been a fans since she's called Holly Brook... her old albums are nice  8)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Lmao @ Hollywood Bilderberg

So you don't want slaughterhouse or ti involved but you want wackass 50 to be a writer? Geez

All I want is doc, snoop, cube, nas, raekwon, kurupt, busta, eminem, nikki grier, and nate dogg.

Those features plus some acutal dre production and we have a winner

yeah wtf... lol

I think its cool  Snoop dares to say somethin. Nobody does. everybody just dickrydin.

Holy Macaroni  ;D

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Don't fight the feelin...

The only way I can see Detox living up to any hype is having Dre, D.O.C, Snoop, Warren G, Rage, RBX, Kurupt, Jewell, Soopafly and maybe even Daz, all locked away in a studio vibing for a few months. Dre's music is too formulaic now, it's sounding forced and  most times it's just boring. All you hear is artists, who HOPE to be featured on it talking how great Detox will be etc etc but only D.O.C & Snoop are critical and REAL, that alone tells you who he should be working with to make this album what it should be.

These guys vibe so well together, the Up in smoke tour was the pinnacle. Dre can do whatever the fuck he wants at this point which is evident how long Interscope have waited for Detox, and all those guys I mentioned would easily drop anything to assist Dre.

I know it aint the 90's anymore, and I don't need the G-funk sythnizser or bitches & blunts etc but I know the vibe them guys have would bring good FUNKY music with some great skits/interludes, which is another thing everyone expects from a Dre album. Sadly I think it'll never happen now...