Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3826 times)

Lil Sleazy

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
IMO selling out means you do something you don't wanna do for the money. I don't really get that vibe from Snoop, at least not from his albums.

I mean the latest one has like Bootsy Collins, Willie Nelson, Too $hort, Devin the Dude and a bunch of LA gangsta rap feats and beats from Battlecat and Fredwreck. Sure seems more like an album Snoop would wanna make than something the label made him do to maximize sales. Even if a couple of the songs do have a bit of a dance vibe to them.

What he does outside of his albums I don't really follow that much.

Sccit

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »
IMO selling out means you do something you don't wanna do for the money. I don't really get that vibe from Snoop, at least not from his albums.

I mean the latest one has like Bootsy Collins, Willie Nelson, Too $hort, Devin the Dude and a bunch of LA gangsta rap feats and beats from Battlecat and Fredwreck. Sure seems more like an album Snoop would wanna make than something the label made him do to maximize sales. Even if a couple of the songs do have a bit of a dance vibe to them.

What he does outside of his albums I don't really follow that much.

snoop makes albums that come out 50% for commercial audience and 50% for his real fans. the label actually encourages this, as it helps bring in both audiences. the last snoop album that didn't use this formula was "tha last meal"...after that, snoop started catering to the pop-rap audience just as much as his real fans.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
they need to change their formula, because the only commercial song that was a success is Drop it Like Is Hot . ..other than that the other commercial singles of his didnt work, and dude must not be that expensive anymore, because he is  on every weird ass songs by unknown people...

Sccit

« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »
they need to change their formula, because the only commercial song that was a success is Drop it Like Is Hot . ..other than that the other commercial singles of his didnt work, and dude must not be that expensive anymore, because he is  on every weird ass songs by unknown people...

huh? "Beautiful", "I Wanna Fuck You", "Sexual Eruption", and "Gangsta Luv" were all big hits.

bouli77

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »
they need to change their formula, because the only commercial song that was a success is Drop it Like Is Hot . ..other than that the other commercial singles of his didnt work, and dude must not be that expensive anymore, because he is  on every weird ass songs by unknown people...

huh? "Beautiful", "I Wanna Fuck You", "Sexual Eruption", and "Gangsta Luv" were all big hits.

when were Snoop's singles not commercial ? as far as I know Snoop has always been as commercial as it gets, not that it can't be equated with quality because it obviously was at some point.

Sccit

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
they need to change their formula, because the only commercial song that was a success is Drop it Like Is Hot . ..other than that the other commercial singles of his didnt work, and dude must not be that expensive anymore, because he is  on every weird ass songs by unknown people...

when were Snoop's singles not commercial ? as far as I know Snoop has always been as commercial as it gets, not that it can't be equated with quality because it obviously was at some point.

yea, but prior to "Paid tha Cost", snoop's singles were not pop crossover tracks, they were somewhat commercial, but still fell under the real hip-hop category.

bouli77

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:50 PM »
yeah no doubt, Paid Da Cost was definitely a turning point.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »
Does snoop matter anymore? And fags need to quit with the sellout shit. What the fuck do u sell music for if u ain't tryna make money? If that means makin a song wit a boy band then who gives a fuck? Get the money. Nobody stays the same way they were when they were 18 anyway. What the fuck does sellin out even mean anyway?

Sccit

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2011, 01:21:43 PM »
Does snoop matter anymore? And fags need to quit with the sellout shit. What the fuck do u sell music for if u ain't tryna make money? If that means makin a song wit a boy band then who gives a fuck? Get the money. Nobody stays the same way they were when they were 18 anyway. What the fuck does sellin out even mean anyway?

sellin out means doin gay shit for money...if u dont get this, then go watch a blazers game, son.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:09 PM »

sellin out means doin gay shit for money...if u dont get this, then go watch a blazers game, son.

No it means they used to sell music u like ans now they sell music u don't like. Who gives a fuck. He had the sense to change with the times. It aint his fault dubcc is still waiting for a new king tee and a new jayo felony to come out. Bottom line u can't call somebody a sell out for doin what the fuck they wanna do. N speakin of gay shit, andrew bynum is a fuckin fag.

Sccit

« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »

No it means they used to sell music u like ans now they sell music u don't like. Who gives a fuck. He had the sense to change with the times. It aint his fault dubcc is still waiting for a new king tee and a new jayo felony to come out. Bottom line u can't call somebody a sell out for doin what the fuck they wanna do. N speakin of gay shit, andrew bynum is a fuckin fag.

snoop used to make music he truly felt, comin from the soul. now he makes music with homosexual boybands and u know that he thinks it's gay deep down inside...now, when someone is hustlin and tryna stay on top of shit, i can respect that, so no love lost for Snoop. but for u not to understand what it means to sell out is pretty funny. and LOL, ur star is brandon roy and u callin bynum a fag? smh..not only is he gayer than bynum, even his knees are worse :-X

Funkstradamus

« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
I remember back in '93 Snoop refused to do a song with Michael Jackson for his History project while Biggie and others did, so he did sell out later on ;)
if this is true...i just lost alot of respect for Snoop....strictly off of the weak ass artists he has collaborated with since...

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
I remember back in '93 Snoop refused to do a song with Michael Jackson for his History project while Biggie and others did, so he did sell out later on ;)
if this is true...i just lost alot of respect for Snoop....strictly off of the weak ass artists he has collaborated with since...

I dont think it was Snoop, I Think it was Dr.Dre who rejected Mike

TerryMak

« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »
Snoopy fizzle televizzle fa shizzle my nizzle inhizzle the wizzle and don't dizzle the sizzle when you sipizzle. Nizzle

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »
Lmao @ these pussies resorting to ad hominems (yes irony) when they can't argue.  You bore me son.  Go back and watch cartoons.

Moron. Pointing out that you're a conspiracy theorist isn't an ad hominem when you're going on about the industry controlling people's brains. You have the worst reasoning I've ever seen in a person. Anything you don't want to believe you can simply throw off as deception by the powers that be.

I know you loved that song, but it doesn't make it his biggest hit. 

lmao @ making up lies when you can't argue. I can't stand the song. And you still can't comprehend that this conversation has nothing to do with our feelings toward the song.

Show me where I ever said aliens are taking over the earth? You can't because you're full of shit. Just because you're too dumbed-down and narrow-minded to have grown up discussions doesn't mean u should get mad and make up shit.

No, you are full of shit. All your crazy posts are well-documented in ToT. There's no reason for anyone here to take you seriously. Look at the links in your sig for crying out loud.

Just like I thought, you're a liar. A liar with a jheri curl smh. I've been on this board for a while, I have plenty of credibility. You on the other hand think I need a doctor is dres biggest hit. Let's just say u really have zero place to talk about cred on here lol.

A liar about what? Lets see, I'm pointing out the obvious using the official billboard numbers that tracks sales and radio spins. You on the other hand have nothing. That's a win for me. Your conspiracy theories don't hold weight in a real discussion.