Poll

Which quarterback would you rather have next season?

Peyton Manning
4 (33.3%)
Cam Newton
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?  (Read 2757 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »
If the colts were a CFL team how did they win a superbowl in spite of Peyton not because of him?

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
Now, as far as your claims go with qbs. You say Matt hasselbeck was ballin, Matt schaub is nothing special and mark Sanchez is a joke.

But you look at the stats and hasselbeck and Sanchez have very comparable numbers. Sanchez threw for 3,447 yds, 26 Tds, 18 ints and had a qb rating of 78.2. While hasselbeck threw for 3,571 yds, 18 Tds , 14 ints and had a QB rating of 82.4.

So hasselbeck was ballin and Sanchez is pathetic? LOL. Fail.Take off the homer glasses Luna, you're making yourself look dumb.

Schaub meanwhile in only ten games threw for 2,479 yds, 15 Tds,6 ints and had a QB rating of 96.8. Schaubs career QB rating is 92.8. Peyton manning has a career qb rating of 94.9 to put that into perspective. Not bad for someone who's " nothing special." Matt hasselbecks career qb rating is 82.2.

You clearly are blinded by the love of your team.
No homer glasses

The difference is...

Matt Hasselbeck is a temporary to fix to our next franchise QB.

Mark Sanchez IS YOUR FRANCHISE QB

The comparable #s show why he's pathetic and Hasselbeck is not.

Hasselbeck would be lucky to start this season, Manning or no Manning.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Peyton behind our already good pass blocking line with Hutch comin in and maybe one of the Texans fa would be ridiculous. CJ is gonna be revitalised by finally havin a great qb and should have a return to form. And Britt healthy with Williams showing promise our offense would instantly be supercharged by what a healthy Peyton would bring.
GREAT off-season, Manning or no Manning. Hutch is a BIG signing, and rumors say we're close to signing Scott Wells and dumping Eugene Amano. Our OL next year is going to be ridiculous. CJ should be back on track if we do indeed sign Wells.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »
If the colts were a CFL team how did they win a superbowl in spite of Peyton not because of him?

Because they played CFL calibre offenses on the way to the AFC title game and Brady choked with the game on the line, then played another CFL caliber offense in the Superbowl. No fucking way do the Colts of 06 beat the Chargers that year, or the Saints in the Superbowl. And if the Pats had a QB that knew how to finish when down by 4, like Eli, they would have beaten the Colts that year too.

It wasn't that the Colts played well in the 06 playoffs. It's that the other teams played so bad.

Lunatic

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »
Titans sign 7 time pro bowl OL (first ballot Hof) Steve Hutchinson and are on the verge of signing Packers pro bowl C Scott Wells. This will make us a top 3 OL team in the league, easily. We have a superior RB and better WR/TE targets.

How the fuck is this even a discussion between Titans & Broncos?

rayallen0

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »
Arizonia is the best fit for him.

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »
But he's already told them no.

I'm talking between Titans & Broncos, Titans are a better fit.

rayallen0

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »

he did? weird sorry wasnt up to date.
I would prefer Broncos, just cuz i want to see Jake start ASAP. but playing behind Peyton can only help your learning process.

Lunatic

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »

he did? weird sorry wasnt up to date.
I would prefer Broncos, just cuz i want to see Jake start ASAP. but playing behind Peyton can only help your learning process.
Yep, Arizona picked up the option on Kolb today (something they wouldn't do if Peyton was going there).

rayallen0

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
looks like the 49ers are now in the hunt.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 06:11:37 PM »
looks like the 49ers are now in the hunt.

The problem with the Niners is while on paper it looks like the best chance to win it all, and probably is, the downside is really high. He'll be walking into a new team he doesn't know, he might end up clashing with the coach and with Moss and it may end up a disaster but it'll be seen as the ultimate choke.

Like what happened in Philly this year. The good thing is the division is so shit they should get into the playoffs easy, where as the NFC East is pretty tough. I'm certain that the Eagles the way they were playing at the end of the season may have been what the Giants were had they got in, and may very well eat up that division next year.

Basically if he goes to the Niners he has to win it all in the first year or it looks bad. With the Titans or Broncos an AFC Title game, even a loss would be seen as a successful season.

The win win for me is that The MoSav will be disappointed next year in some way no matter what happens.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
Now, as far as your claims go with qbs. You say Matt hasselbeck was ballin, Matt schaub is nothing special and mark Sanchez is a joke.

But you look at the stats and hasselbeck and Sanchez have very comparable numbers. Sanchez threw for 3,447 yds, 26 Tds, 18 ints and had a qb rating of 78.2. While hasselbeck threw for 3,571 yds, 18 Tds , 14 ints and had a QB rating of 82.4.

So hasselbeck was ballin and Sanchez is pathetic? LOL. Fail.Take off the homer glasses Luna, you're making yourself look dumb.

Schaub meanwhile in only ten games threw for 2,479 yds, 15 Tds,6 ints and had a QB rating of 96.8. Schaubs career QB rating is 92.8. Peyton manning has a career qb rating of 94.9 to put that into perspective. Not bad for someone who's " nothing special." Matt hasselbecks career qb rating is 82.2.

You clearly are blinded by the love of your team.
No homer glasses

The difference is...

Matt Hasselbeck is a temporary to fix to our next franchise QB.

Mark Sanchez IS YOUR FRANCHISE QB

The comparable #s show why he's pathetic and Hasselbeck is not.

Hasselbeck would be lucky to start this season, Manning or no Manning.

And? Go look at Ben roethlisberger, drew brees, Eli mannings etc and a ton of other qbs stats from their third year in the NFL. Then compare them to mark Sanchez's third year. People like to make believe every qb has to be elite by their third year or they won't amount to anything. Those people are called idiots.

In Sanchez's first year he was beating carson palmer and phillip rivers on the road in the playoffs. In his second year in the NFL he was beating Tom Brady and Peyton manning on the road in the playoffs. Let's see if locker is anywhere close to those accomplishments. Sanchez has improved every single season he's been in the league, while each season his team has gotten worse around him.  And he will continue to get better. Just because the jets had an off year doesn't mean much. They've yet to have a losing season under Sanchez.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »
I think manning signs with the broncos.

Lunatic

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
Sanchez is to the Jets what Kerry Collins was to the Titans in a 13-3 season or Brad Johnson to the super bowl winning Buccs/Trent Dilfer to the super bowl winning Ravens.

About Denver..

The Denver Post reports the Broncos left free agent Peyton Manning's Friday workout for the team with "diminished expectations" they will be able to sign him.
it appears the Broncos had high expectations of leaving Durham with Manning's name on a contract. Instead, they left empty handed with the knowledge Manning will throw for the Titans on Saturday. A team source insisted the Broncos are "still in it," however. "We don't know. We'll know more over the weekend." There's a chance Manning might actually meet his supposed Tuesday deadline to make a decision.

Lunatic

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »
The problem with the Niners is while on paper it looks like the best chance to win it all, and probably is, the downside is really high. He'll be walking into a new team he doesn't know, he might end up clashing with the coach and with Moss and it may end up a disaster but it'll be seen as the ultimate choke.
Yep, it looks like a good fit on paper and but at a closer look, their are recipes for disaster there. I can't see Manning excited about playing with Moss. And I'm not entirely sure him and Harbaugh would get along well.

Plus the 49ers have 15 mil in cap space. The Titans have 25 and the Broncos have 40.