Author Topic: Your Favorite Dogg Pound Album Besides Dogg Food?  (Read 1411 times)

Sccit

Re: Your Favorite Dogg Pound Album Besides Dogg Food?
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
there is no filler on "dogg food", album bumps front to back

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

Yet it still is no All Eyez On Me....production wise or lyrically.

now, if dogg food was a Kurupt solo then that'd be a different story.  but Daz drags the lyricism down a bit.

Will_B

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »

Yet it still is no All Eyez On Me....production wise or lyrically.

now, if dogg food was a Kurupt solo then that'd be a different story.  but Daz drags the lyricism down a bit.

Disc 1 of All Eyez On Me is just a jumble of songs (great but of varying quality), disc 2 is the same but less good.

Dogg Food is a tighter, more coherent album than AIOM...not by much, but better IMO. Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:21:19 PM by OG Will_B #Infamous »

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
Daz raps tight on "Dogg Food", u can tell a lot of it was written by Kurupt..

bouli77

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
yeah most def, Kurupt said he & Snoop wrote most of Daz's stuff during the early days. and it ain't like AEOM is the most lyrical effort by 2pac, a lot of ignorant/gangsta type of verses.

Okka

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
Quote from: bouli77 link=topic=281696.msg2821677#msg2821677 date=1335302295
Kurupt said he & Snoop wrote most of Daz's stuff during the early days.[/quote

Kurupt said that when he was beefin with Daz, right?

bouli77

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
yeah and i don't think he was lying that time, cause it makes sense, the way daz raps on Respect and Let's Play House. Kurupt gave names of specific songs, i think he mentioned Let's Play House

I found the interview.

When did Daz come into the picture?

Kurupt: Daz was his little cousin. He came back out here from Oklahoma. Came out to Longbeach. He came up to fuck with Snoop, he was more or less DJing. Snoop was writing his raps, that's how he got to rapping. Snoop wrote his raps for The Chronic, put his cousin all in. But he was coming up with all kinds of shit like Rat-tat-tat. He was tight! Before he turned into a BITCH!

Kurupt: Snoop used to write the majority of Daz' raps, till I taught him how to kill that mic. After I taught him how to kill the mic, he was writing on his own, but on Dogg Food, on the "Dogg Pound Gangsta, DPG" I wrote that. It's alot of records I wrote for Delmar. Like "Let's Play House." I seen someone on [Westcoastrydaz.com] posted "Why was Warren G taken off Let's Play House?" [laughs] Warren G was never on Let's Play House man!

http://www.accesshiphop.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-13068.html

see even though Kurupt's mad he doesn't seem to be exaggerating, but he's wrong about let's play house though lol.

Also, on an unrelated note, i'm pretty sure Kurupt wrote "i don't hang" for Soopafly. it just sounds too much like Kurupt.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:09:14 PM by bouli77 »

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
^yea, soopafly has had ghostwriters, as well....but with "dogg food", it's pretty obvious kurupt wrote 90% of it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »

If One by One, If We All Fuc, and Some Bomb Azz Pussy aren't filler, I don't know what is. It's a solid west coast album but not a classic.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »

If One by One, If We All Fuc, and Some Bomb Azz Pussy aren't filler, I don't know what is. It's a solid west coast album but not a classic.

you only mentioned one song that i'd classify as filler, and that was if we all fuck

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
Dogg Chit & cali iz active.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »

lmao...one by one filler? bomb azz pussy, probably the greatest pussy song ever.... filler?? rof! well, i understand why someone like urself would hate songs about pussy. that really comes as no surprise. but lets be realistic here, my dude.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »

lmao...one by one filler? bomb azz pussy, probably the greatest pussy song ever.... filler?? rof! well, i understand why someone like urself would hate songs about pussy. that really comes as no surprise. but lets be realistic here, my dude.
I prefer can't get enough [dogg chit]

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:58 PM »

well, i understand why someone like urself would hate songs about pussy.

LOL

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »

My bad. I'd rather be out getting pussy than sitting in my room listening to Daz talking about busting a nut. To each their own though.