Author Topic: Peyton Manning #50  (Read 513 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Peyton Manning #50
« on: June 01, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »
Well if I wasn't going to start this thread then hell would freeze over.

What exactly is all the uproar about? "He didn't play last year"? Do the people making that argument understand the basic concept of communication? Top 100 Players of 2012! 2012! 2012! 2012!

2012 is next year. This list is a prediction based on nothing other than gut feeling. Who fucking cares what the guy did last year? If they did this list in the 1999 for the upcoming 2000 season and Barry Sanders who had been retired the last season said he was coming back, would it be silly to think he was going to be a top 100 player in 2000?

Anyone that thinks 49 guys are going to have a better season than Peyton Manning next year is a complete idiot. I said it before and I'll say it again; he'll be in the MVP discussion by week 6. And by this time next year they'll be laughing at the thought of #50.

And for the record, no way would I have had a problem with Tom Brady being voted in the top 100 if they had a Top Players of 2009 list. I wouldn't even have an issue with a recent draftee entering his rookie season making the list. If you think RG3 is going to have a better season than Tony Romo then that is your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it.

If anything, this year's list showcases the complete failure of the university education system for athletes. There is a large percentage of voters with University Degrees from prestigious schools that cannot tell the difference between an assessment of last year and a prediction of next year. And I'll make a bet that if I worded it that way to all the players that voted, the ones that understood what I said had Peyton in the top 10 and the ones that went "uuhhhh" didn't have him on the list at all.

Of course Eli wasn't even on the list last year, and he won a Superbowl.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
Re: Peyton Manning #50
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »
Wowzers
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
Romo was #93, who cares? It's bullshit.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
Romo was #93, who cares? It's bullshit.

Waaay to low.  Dude gets shitted on constantly by knowitalls even tho hes a top tier qb.  They just love to hate the guy and the cowboys.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »
Romo is easily a top ten QB.

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 05:42:51 PM »
^ Yeah, even with his lack of post season success there's no denying how gifted he is from a talent standpoint.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »
Romo got a little too much praise in the beginning and way too much blame in recent years. Of course Eli wasn't even on the list last year and half the voters cannot tell the difference between 2011 and 2012. It's amazing to me that even on the NFL boards, how many fans cannot grasp the idea that playing last year doesn't have to be mandatory for being at the top of next year.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
If anything, this year's list showcases the complete failure of the university education system for athletes. There is a large percentage of voters with University Degrees from prestigious schools that cannot tell the difference between an assessment of last year and a prediction of next year.
LOL at questioning the education system simply because they didn't rate your man-crush higher. Get over it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
If anything, this year's list showcases the complete failure of the university education system for athletes. There is a large percentage of voters with University Degrees from prestigious schools that cannot tell the difference between an assessment of last year and a prediction of next year.
LOL at questioning the education system simply because they didn't rate your man-crush higher. Get over it.

Like I said, if the argument was that people weren't sure about how he'll play after the surgeries that's valid, but when the argument is he didn't play last year then yes I question the intelligence of the voters. I don't care where he ranks on the list personally. I actually wish he was lower, meaning in the 90s or out of the top 100. To get a fire lit under him and run up the score on some teams, take his single season TD record back.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »
I don't think a player tanking is going to give Peyton anymore motivation. He's already trying to have a comeback season. And he sure as hell isnt breaking the td record again. Not even if he had Clark, Wayne and Harrison type players.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
I don't think a player tanking is going to give Peyton anymore motivation. He's already trying to have a comeback season. And he sure as hell isnt breaking the td record again. Not even if he had Clark, Wayne and Harrison type players.

The way the NFL has changed it's rules that 50 TD record will be surpassed at least twice in the next ten years. Three QBs hit 5000 yards last year. And Green Bay the team passed for 51 TDs.

That being said, the way Peyton and John Fox are it'd be very hard to get them to even want to hit 50. Peyton had 49 after 15 games and decided he didn't want 50 TDs. Meanwhile guys like Bill and Tom are throwing TDs late in the 4th quarter on 4th down when they are already up by 4 scores. Justice was served that year in the SB.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
^I mean there comes a point where you're just so dominate, you charitably lose Superbowls just for the integrity of the league.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
Current QB List:

1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. Eli
6. Roethlisberger
7. Romo

Romo gets too much hate.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »
On a semi-side note. I hope Chad ends up in Denver and puts up record breaking numbers.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
Current QB List:

1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. Eli
6. Roethlisberger
7. Romo

Romo gets too much hate.

I agree that romo gets to much hate but i got brady and brees ahead of manning on this list...I think Romo is fantastic its not his fault his d WAS AWFUL last year

The Best of 3 Worlds