Author Topic: The King has been crowned.  (Read 1422 times)

Sccit

Re: The King has been crowned.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
I think the scariest thing (for LBJ haters) is that he has figured out how to best utilize his ability, and he will be the best player in the league for another 5-6 years minimum.. All the shit people said he couldn't or wouldn't do, he's done.  Must suck to be a hater about now

lmao, are u being serious? he will be 34 years old in 6 years.....smh@"best player in the league for another 5-6 years minimum"

teecee

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »
I think the scariest thing (for LBJ haters) is that he has figured out how to best utilize his ability, and he will be the best player in the league for another 5-6 years minimum.. All the shit people said he couldn't or wouldn't do, he's done.  Must suck to be a hater about now

lmao, are u being serious? he will be 34 years old in 6 years.....smh@"best player in the league for another 5-6 years minimum"

In five years, he will be 32, in 6 years 33.  I'd say 5 minimum, maybe six is a stretch, but with him spending more time in the post it will give him ,longevity, and he's only touched the surface down low. 

does it hurt you that he won as not the second option, that he had an MVP season from front to back, that he beat the thunder, a team that took out your boy in 5? That his clutch play improved,  his free throws noticeably in the finals, that he outplayed the second best player in the league, that he didn't wilt when down against the Celts even though everyone expected it, that he is clearly the best in the game?

I know the answer to all of the above- here's Hopi g the Lakers someone get to the finals next year to see Kobe vs Bron

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »

In five years, he will be 32, in 6 years 33.  I'd say 5 minimum, maybe six is a stretch, but with him spending more time in the post it will give him ,longevity, and he's only touched the surface down low. 

does it hurt you that he won as not the second option, that he had an MVP season from front to back, that he beat the thunder, a team that took out your boy in 5? That his clutch play improved,  his free throws noticeably in the finals, that he outplayed the second best player in the league, that he didn't wilt when down against the Celts even though everyone expected it, that he is clearly the best in the game?

I know the answer to all of the above- here's Hopi g the Lakers someone get to the finals next year to see Kobe vs Bron

yea, it sucks...i didnt wanna see lebron win after pulling the bitch-move of leaving his cavs and teaming up with 2 other franchise players. i gotta admit, i didnt think he deserved being rewarded for that. but it is what it is. it will always be satisfying to know that he had to go to such lengths to get that ring. knowing that the second best player on his team is a top 5 player in the league is more than enough satisfaction. it will never be the same as if he stayed in cleveland and won it there, and u know that. and lebron relies on his athleticism and physical play a lot more than your average superstar, so what makes u think he will remain on top of the league into his 30s when players who rely on fundamental skills cant even stay on top of their game at that age? come on, lets be realistic now.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:16 AM »
Let's just be clear about one thing. OKC (and Durant) in the finals was not the same OKC that cruised through the West conference. If this was any other matchup than the finals, imo OKC would have won. I don't think Miami would have made it past the West conference to be honest.

Not taking anything away from Miami though. There's always a lot of "ifs" in the playoffs.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:40 AM »
if u really cant figure out why rooting for an individual player with more passion than you root for your own team is disgraceful, then i cant help u there.

I don't see why it's disgraceful. I hardly ever cheer for Toronto teams. If I like a team or player I get behind them. If I don't I don't get behind them. Where I live geographically should not dictate who I have to have passion for. It's one thing to be from a small town cheering for the small town team comprised of players from that town. Kids you know and saw grow up. But when you live in a city of millions and you're team is comprised of players not born and raised in the city at all then what loyalty should I have for that?

never said anything about rooting for a team from your location, duno what that post was about...but if ur a fan of a certain team and u root for an individual player harder than you root for your team, u dont think thats a little off? different strokes, i guess

It depends on the circumstances for me. I'm a life long Bills fan, but Peyton is my favorite player. If Peyton plays the Bills I cheer for Buffalo and I cheer for Peyton's performance, but I want to win who needs it more. For example if Peyton's on a team going for 16-0 and and the Bills are already 4-11 then I'd easily want Peyton to get the perfect season oveer the Bills getting the 8th pick in the draft as opposed to the 4th. If Peytin is 13-2 and locked inthe playoffs and the Bills are 9-6 and need the win to get in then I easily cheer for the Bills.

Now they've never had to face each other in the playoffs yet and in that case I really would wonder who I'd be more happy for. I'm not sure. I'd probably lean towards Peyton only because I want him to end with more rings than Brady and that window is closing fast, where as The Bills can keep on playing. It would have been a lot easier if he had just signed with Buffalo. The worst thing is that we swept the Colts the year before the 98 draft thanks to stinky Jim Harbaugh's performances, both close games. Had we lost those games we would have had the top pick over Indy and we would have had Peyton, and with Wade's D, and some great pieces on offense we would have won that 99 Superbowl, and who knows how many more. Ah well.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
^lol, don't feed into his act. Everyone roots for an individual player. He just has nothing else to say & like I said he's bitter.

teecee

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »
Let's just be clear about one thing. OKC (and Durant) in the finals was not the same OKC that cruised through the West conference. If this was any other matchup than the finals, imo OKC would have won. I don't think Miami would have made it past the West conference to be honest.

Not taking anything away from Miami though. There's always a lot of "ifs" in the playoffs.

ever think Miami matched up with them very well, and happened to be a much more athletic, stronger defensive team than they had seen yet in the playoffs?

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
^lol, don't feed into his act. Everyone roots for an individual player. He just has nothing else to say & like I said he's bitter.

lol, what?

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »
hey, what happened to the post from shallow jr.? it was extremely similar to what shallow said...shallow jr.=cham? and he deleted his post when he realized it helps my stance?? smh

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »

ever think Miami matched up with them very well, and happened to be a much more athletic, stronger defensive team than they had seen yet in the playoffs?

did u watch okc all year? they were a completely different teams in the finals... it was pretty obvious that they've never been in the finals by how shook they looked and how different they played.

Remedy360

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »

I definitely have individual players I root for, but IMO it's pretty weak to root for individuals over your own team.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 10:43:24 PM »

I definitely have individual players I root for, but IMO it's pretty weak to root for individuals over your own team.

Well that's just over-exaggerated by NIK out of anger because the kid gets sonned in every LeBron/Kobe debate he's ever been in. So he's desperate to throw dirt on me whenever the opportunity arises.

I root for the 76ers more than LeBron, but if you couldn't tell by the same four teams winning 12 of 14 titles, the league doesn't call for much parody. There isn't too much to get excited over in the worst organization in professional sports. Plus, you have to understand outside of the occasional NBA talk & random Hack threads about other teams, 98% of the conversation around the NBA is Kobe or LeBron. So naturally it's going to come off like I'm buggin' like that. When in reality, I'm just holding my stance in basically a revolving conversation that just won't end because this kid still thinks Kobe is the best player in the league lol.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »

would NIK root for Kobe if he played his entire career in charlotte?

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »

would NIK root for Kobe if he played his entire career in charlotte?

the answer is no