Author Topic: Forgotten Aftermath Artists.....  (Read 2127 times)

Sccit

Re: Forgotten Aftermath Artists.....
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »
I dont know what's more death to an artist: signing to Aftermath or Bad Boy.

8Ball & MJG signed to Bad Boy and went plat', and then bounced. that's pretty nice.

i think they went gold with their bad boy debut..

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 03:42:51 PM »
atleast bad boy puts out albums  ::)

Smiley62

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »
What a waist... That's a whole Lotta talent...sad they couldn't come out with an album... My favorite out of them has to be rbx, king t, and bishop....
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:25:28 PM by Smiley62 »
I bet Eazy-E is turning over in his grave.. To see that some of y'all done made gangster rap gay.. - DjQuik

Smiley62

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »
Forgot hittman to....
I bet Eazy-E is turning over in his grave.. To see that some of y'all done made gangster rap gay.. - DjQuik

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
What a waist... That's a whole Lotta talent...sad they couldn't come out with an album... My favorite out of them has to be rbx, king t, and bishop....

RBX, King-T, Rakim, Raekwon, Last Emperor were the best in terms of rappers....but all of em were/are established rappers. This thread was moreso bout the artists from aftermath who never really were established.... the forgotton ones. Hittman and Bishop Lamont aren't exactly forgotten...werent established either, tho. lets not forget, Ice Cube was supposed to drop an album on aftermath at one point, as well.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
I don't think we can call Last Emporer and "established" artist.   ....I mean how underground do you have to get?   If you want someone almost completly obscure and mysterious who has hardly any known tracklist, Id nominate some of the cats off the first Aftermath release in 96'....

...Like how about Nationowl!   His cut off the album was fuckin sick!!  It was dark, and melancholy and smooth as fuck!    There was also a fun theory here at the forum that dude was the same person as Hittman... LOL.. there voices do sound the same though
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
I don't think we can call Last Emporer and "established" artist.   ....I mean how underground do you have to get?   If you want someone almost completly obscure and mysterious who has hardly any known tracklist, Id nominate some of the cats off the first Aftermath release in 96'....

...Like how about Nationowl!   His cut off the album was fuckin sick!!  It was dark, and melancholy and smooth as fuck!    There was also a fun theory here at the forum that dude was the same person as Hittman... LOL.. there voices do sound the same though

Last Emperor has albums out and a solid fanbase...none of the other cats do.

Nowl was dope, though...was he ever officially signed with Aftermath?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:12:07 PM by NIKCC »

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »
that's one, name anotha one.  ;)

puffy never signed and dropped cats at dre's rate.....lota artists went platinum on bad boy. Puffy, Biggie, Da Band, Faith Evans, Total, 112, Mase, Lox, Black Rob, Carl Thomas, Shyne, Dream, Yung Joc, Cassie, Dannity Kane.....and thats not even counting all the gold certifications.
True, at least Puff got his money's worth outta them. Then they all became irrelevant or died lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

2euce 7even

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 10:25:33 PM »

Last Emperor has albums out and a solid fanbase...none of the other cats do.

Nowl was dope, though...was he ever officially signed with Aftermath?

Who´s Nowl?

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mohgu2DyrEY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mohgu2DyrEY</a>

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »

bad boy aint put out a hot album since Life After Death

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »

bad boy aint put out a hot album since Life After Death

lmao!!!

G-Deps, black rob were pretty good albums! and that 8ball and mjg cd was the best thing they've released in the mid 00's

sorry brah but aftermath aint done shitin 10 years.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »
I think the Rakim thing was more a Jimmy Iovine thing & less of a Dr. Dre thing as far as it not working out. On Dre's part he like people that give it 110% and from what I read/heard Rakim wasn't all that motivated to come in & work, moody, want open to trying new ideas (like writing hooks, writing about differnt ideas, ect.) and I heard the beats DJ Primere was comin up with weren't up to Dre's standards. With Jimmy I think if he feels it ain't gonna make a bunch of green, he ain't fuckin with it.

Whoever decided not to release that musta been trippin bad, cuz the hype for that album was unlike anything ive ever seen..

Judging by the final product, it was good Aftermath didn't put it out. It seems like Rah didn't want to put in the work creating a great album and just wanted to half ass it....which he did with 7th Seal.

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 02:01:38 AM »
I think the Rakim thing was more a Jimmy Iovine thing & less of a Dr. Dre thing as far as it not working out. On Dre's part he like people that give it 110% and from what I read/heard Rakim wasn't all that motivated to come in & work, moody, want open to trying new ideas (like writing hooks, writing about differnt ideas, ect.) and I heard the beats DJ Primere was comin up with weren't up to Dre's standards. With Jimmy I think if he feels it ain't gonna make a bunch of green, he ain't fuckin with it.

Whoever decided not to release that musta been trippin bad, cuz the hype for that album was unlike anything ive ever seen..

Judging by the final product, it was good Aftermath didn't put it out. It seems like Rah didn't want to put in the work creating a great album and just wanted to half ass it....which he did with 7th Seal.

what final product? the album was never finished....

Will_B

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 02:20:02 AM »