Author Topic: Official "good kid, m.A.A.d. city" Tracklisting + "Compton" Ft. Dr. Dre (Audio)  (Read 2872 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Kendrick would be releasing dope albums without the Math.  I already consider "Section 80" a personal fav of mine.  So Kendrick doesnt really Dre to make dope music.  This album will just help him appeal to the masses in terms of commercial success.  Im not worried about an artist like Kendrick "selling out" with this release.

Thank you.  So many people on these Blogs got their head stuck up their ass.  And then they wonder why Drake is goin Platinum.  It aint about all that bullshit.  Alotta this Blog talk is for the birds (and yes im proud to be a Flying Peacock).  Do what u do, good music is good music, and everything in between or horrible is in between music or horrible
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:46:10 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

bouli77

i know you're not talking about me in your post but i'm gonna rest
i feel you about dubcc & dr dre but i don't fit that particular category, nor do i fit in the blogger category. i ain't trying to be cool i just have my opinion. i just think the song is good but could have been better to be a hit record. and as such i'm wondering about its replay value even though i'm liking the vibe. i wasn't looking forward to hearing a carbon copy of anything, that whole 2001 sound is played out anyway, and i enjoy music for what it is, not because it has dre's name attached to it or because it comes from any region.

Congratulations.  But i dont think Dre can strike Titanium 4x with another song about California, or r we gonna pretend that Cali hasnt been putting out the same Single that  literally most of the rappers that come outta there put out.  Sure, the song could've been a little better (and i kno where, no plug) but unless youre from Cali or the song is that damn good i cant see another song about "Women, Weed, & Weather" shaking the game up (and yes i agree they dropped the ball with that song in terms of promoting it if u want me to add some dynamic to this).

As far as everybody on here talkin about "it needs to sound more WestCoast" i can assure that WestCoast artists have a negative stigma attached to them, especially when they release songs about Cali.  Alot of ppl outside of the West (and probably on the West) r turned off by the the thought of it before they even hear the song.  How do u think Jay Rock and Nipsey Hussle broke outta the boxxx.  Its why "Straight Outta Compton", "Nuthin But A G Thang, "Gin N Juice", "Been There, Done That", "Still DRE", and "I Need A Doctor" were all huge records and songs like "Kush" and countless other songs about California and have that sound arent.  People want good music at the end of the day, not just copy cat records from the same source.  Its why "Swimming Pools" is so big and nothing from "Tha Marathon" blew up (some of it was alright tho)

4 what it is it's a good record but it probably wouldnt have been the stand out record anyway.  Kendrick didnt get a name by taking the typical Los Angeles rapper route, that shit only gets u so far in the game.  I think Kendrick has a little more passion for the craft than that (and better records) and it shows in his music and people like it

once i again, i agree (to an extent). i can't stand all these songs about cali all the time, that's why i didn't really like Terrace Martin's album, that's why I didn't fully like Mac Mall's song last year entitled "the bay" (how many songs about the bay are they gonna do, like, really ?). and I think you're right about glasses malone, too.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dre cant make beats. Pac been saying it from way back in '96.

"He ain't made a beat in six years, swear he the shit"
2pac - Watch Ya Mouth

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i dont like this

Random side note, this track is supposedly a Detox leftover. Original supposedly features Game.

https://twitter.com/thekidLEGEND/statuses/135017411681320960
yeah i said the same thing in the other topic

Was pumped to see this released, until I heard it.  I don't mind the verses, but they were wasted on a vanilla track. I wish Dre would start producing his own beats again.  This beat is plain, the mix is terrible.  I heard Dre had a co-mixing credit, but I would be surprised if he spent more than a couple minutes with this track.  This is one of the weakest overall efforts I have seen from him in awhile.  Even the Rick Ross track was clean and mixed properly.     ???

Anybody know who is singing on the hook?  That shit is terrible.  Sounded like a cheap Kokane impersonator.   They should have left this one in the vault, Dre and Kendrick must have better than this.
even though the dre feature wasn't as bad as the other recent ones, i prefer his productions. he produced one song ( Louis XIII) on the new Xzibit album

This is wacker than Wacky D. At least he had a dance.

The_Offence

im not feeling this track at all. that shit sounds like a left over from one of game's Earlier albums.. the whole compton compton shit is played the fuck out my nigga.

this is the same fucking track same concept, no originality.. but then again west funs easily expressed by anything that features dre with a hi Synth. all they need to do now is shoot a video wearing khaki suits,chucks, driving 4 low riders and most these euro clowns on here will rate it video of the year.  the track gets a 3 out of 5. what fuck is dre doing still rapping about gangsta shit and being in compton  ;D.. this nigga just mad the track worst with his Illuminati ass. im sure section 80 will be better than this album. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:39:32 AM by The_Offence »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Some of yall are mad because just blaze did the beat and doesn't sound too west coast? Still D.R.E was written by jay. Z who is from new york and co produced by scott storch who is from philly..hmmm Bitch Please by Snoop was co produced by Melman who is from Boston I think ... Even songs like been there done dat these are co produced by co producers like Sam Sneed who are from the east

Quadruple OG

Some of yall are mad because just blaze did the beat and doesn't sound too west coast? Still D.R.E was written by jay. Z who is from new york and co produced by scott storch who is from philly..hmmm Bitch Please by Snoop was co produced by Melman who is from Boston I think ... Even songs like been there done dat these are co produced by co producers like Sam Sneed who are from the east

Mel-Man is from VA.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Dope track. Sound better than half of the shit out there. I dig the beat also. This shit is firme.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
This could be album of the year. Hyped.

dnjp4life

A/K/A 'Where I'm From' Part 2, this time with the Dr. Dre verse included and with someone other than Nate Dogg on the chorus.

I'm not gonna lie though, it's a catchy track and the album is shaping up nicely.  Great little ode to the glory days of g-funk with the beat twist at the end as well.

On a side note, what's the significance of the double As in the album title?

• Lil Geezy
And yes, I've been to Compton once.  That's alot more than probably most (or any) of you can say

lol at this.

By the way track is garbage remove "dre" and remove "compton" then it would be an okay track. The perception with this track threw many people off, including myself. I was waiting for "that" trademark west sound which by far is a disappointment unfortunately.

I have.  And there's nothing really wrong with Dre's verse other than the first part of his first verse where he sounds a tad offbeat but you'll get over that if u even care to hear another song called "Compton".  I totally agree with u on that part.  I have no more to say about that trademark sound, youre free to shit on and cape for whatever u like at your own will.  That shit gets no play outside of Cali tho, and i aint just talkin about where im at

oh I was no lol at you by the way, I live in cali and been to Compton couple of times as well  8).  I agree that the westcoast sound wont get play outside or hit mainstream as well it did back in the early 90's which is unfortunate. I guess I am stuck like many of us who grew up listening in that era. I keep trying to listen to this track to like it but falls short but that goes with the territory, you either like it or not. Hopefully the album wont go "too" mainstream".

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hell yeaaah  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
who wrote dre's verse?

HighEyeCue

it seems like Dre is a featured rapper now, while he still produces he doesn't do most of the tracks he is on which is strange