Author Topic: WestCoast producers that fell off...Who Do You Think..???  (Read 1055 times)

pixtr

Re: WestCoast producers that fell off...Who Do You Think..???
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 05:17:12 AM »
Its cool to mention Goldie loc as a Producer (+1 for that) .... but man really he did NoT fell off ... his productions are gettin better and better .... heres a few links to prove my point

http://soundcloud.com/slumperville/goldie-loc-strugglin-new-1-20

http://soundcloud.com/division1/goldie-loc-feat-blanko-high

http://soundcloud.com/slumperville/whats-your-size

http://soundcloud.com/slumperville/stucc-on-them-drugs

http://soundcloud.com/dcokah/st-want-leave-me-alone

D/L those and Bump them these are all 2012 songs  :o 8)
"Whats Your Size" is tight, but rest of em is at most average, his shit for Eastsidaz was dope as fuck, especially "Give it 2 'em Dogg ", but now he is much average + dubstep tracks

HighEyeCue

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:18 AM »
Daz fell off the hardest when you look at his solo producing versus when he worked with others, Dre, Soopa, Mike Dean...
When exactly did Daz solo produce? He's as much of a collaborative producer as Dr. Dre is.

true, I considered that his work with Ivan Johnson was solo :laugh:

bouli77

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 06:36:23 AM »
^thats on u. cuz i thought it went hard and was one of the better beats on the album. it's a good production, period. might not be your taste, but if u listen to the instrumental alone, thats classic battlecat. mighta been a better cut with the eastsidaz rappin on it or what not, but that shit still knocks, especially in comparison to most other shit.

it's my taste but first of all it's kinda played out and second of all it's not very efficient, especially coming from battlecat. it's a caricature of his signature sound. that being said it's still decent. but to me it's uninspired and as such, doesn't have much replay value, if any. it sounds kinda stale, as if Battlecat was bored and out of ideas and decided to recreate a vibe from one of his best tracks. it could have worked, but it doesn't for me. it just doesn't have the chemistry and the soul. it's a shame because Battlecat & E-40 usually drop tight shit together. it has nothing to do with the people rapping on it.

LYRIDER

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 06:46:32 AM »
Its cool to mention Goldie loc as a Producer (+1 for that) .... but man really he did NoT fell off ... his productions are gettin better and better .... heres a few links to prove my point

http://soundcloud.com/slumperville/goldie-loc-strugglin-new-1-20

http://soundcloud.com/division1/goldie-loc-feat-blanko-high

http://soundcloud.com/slumperville/whats-your-size

http://soundcloud.com/slumperville/stucc-on-them-drugs

http://soundcloud.com/dcokah/st-want-leave-me-alone

D/L those and Bump them these are all 2012 songs  :o 8)
"Whats Your Size" is tight, but rest of em is at most average, his shit for Eastsidaz was dope as fuck, especially "Give it 2 'em Dogg ", but now he is much average + dubstep tracks

To each his own i guess ... i thought Strugglin was a really dope cut plus several songs he did 4 Dcokah were bangin ... BTw he did not produced those Dubstep tracks and he still murder every beats hes features on (Best Kept secret /soopafly 4 exemple)

bouli77

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 06:59:58 AM »
goldie loc was a dope underrated producer, thanks for the links. the shit he produced on the first eastsidaz album (dogghouse & give it 2 em dogg) as well as his album that leaked that was supposed to drop on dpg recordz was surprisingly good. i loved especially money, work 4 me & I'm a lowrider.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
^thats on u. cuz i thought it went hard and was one of the better beats on the album. it's a good production, period. might not be your taste, but if u listen to the instrumental alone, thats classic battlecat. mighta been a better cut with the eastsidaz rappin on it or what not, but that shit still knocks, especially in comparison to most other shit.

it's my taste but first of all it's kinda played out and second of all it's not very efficient, especially coming from battlecat. it's a caricature of his signature sound. that being said it's still decent. but to me it's uninspired and as such, doesn't have much replay value, if any. it sounds kinda stale, as if Battlecat was bored and out of ideas and decided to recreate a vibe from one of his best tracks. it could have worked, but it doesn't for me. it just doesn't have the chemistry and the soul. it's a shame because Battlecat & E-40 usually drop tight shit together. it has nothing to do with the people rapping on it.

to me, it doesnt sound like a caricature of battlecats signature sound...it simply sounds like his signature sound, nothing more, nothing less. like he was in his best form when he made the beat. i agree, it does sound very similar to shit he was making in 2001-2003, but thats probably the point, the whole album had a throwback feel. this is by far his best style and my preference when bumpin battlecat beats. i think the bells might be a lil too similar to the bells in "G'd Up", which might be throwin u off a bit. other than that, i dont see how the beat doesnt knock.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »
Warren G  :'(
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
-big hutch aka cold 187 um
-sir jinx
-pharrell
-scott storch
-goldie loc
-soopafly

Man..Soopafly produced his entire album ..Best Kept Secret.. one of best albuns last year...
Warren G  :'(

fell off ? regulator reached the top 3 wit Young Jezzy song.. and the song is goooooooooood as helll
And oh yea .... Dj quik fell off imo  :o

this is a joke right ?

Dj battlecat IMO aint heard tooo many good cuts from his in the past few years

oh man .. listen de e40/too short joint.. glocc sinatra song leaked here in ducnn.. snoop's secrets,The Way Life Used to Be, Wonder What I dO.. consistent songs

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Mr. Theo

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

B.A.

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »
I don't think it's so much that the producers have fallen off as much as the fact that there isn't as much of a demand for their classic brand of music so you see a whole lot less of them or they changed their style to stay current. I'm sure a lot of them can still bring that heat but it's just not their moment anymore.

As far as Battlecat and that E-40/$hort track goes, it's a good song. The problem is that Cat set the bar so high for himself with his old classics like Dollaz, Drank & Dank, We Can Freak It, G'd Up, Still More Bounce, Nah Nah, Cali Iz Active, etc. that the E-40/$hort song falls short eventhough it is a good song; I guess we just got spoiled by all the classics he's had.

One dude that I miss hearing is Bosko, I love the stuff he did with E-40 back around the Charlie Hustle days. Anyone got any info on him? Quik is still dope, he proved it on Book of David. He had a few signature style tracks on there and Nobody for me was an instant classic (no need to listen to it 10 time so it can grow on you, the shit was classic right off the bat). Quik's problem is that he's starting to experiment a little too much and the results make for an uneven album (like Blaqkout, first half tight, second half :tosser:). I love Quik but he needs to stay consistent.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

LYRIDER

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »
I agree with the quik part .... exactly my feelin  :)

Will_B

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »
I don't think it's so much that the producers have fallen off as much as the fact that there isn't as much of a demand for their classic brand of music so you see a whole lot less of them or they changed their style to stay current. I'm sure a lot of them can still bring that heat but it's just not their moment anymore.

As far as Battlecat and that E-40/$hort track goes, it's a good song. The problem is that Cat set the bar so high for himself with his old classics like Dollaz, Drank & Dank, We Can Freak It, G'd Up, Still More Bounce, Nah Nah, Cali Iz Active, etc. that the E-40/$hort song falls short eventhough it is a good song; I guess we just got spoiled by all the classics he's had.

One dude that I miss hearing is Bosko, I love the stuff he did with E-40 back around the Charlie Hustle days. Anyone got any info on him? Quik is still dope, he proved it on Book of David. He had a few signature style tracks on there and Nobody for me was an instant classic (no need to listen to it 10 time so it can grow on you, the shit was classic right off the bat). Quik's problem is that he's starting to experiment a little too much and the results make for an uneven album (like Blaqkout, first half tight, second half :tosser:). I love Quik but he needs to stay consistent.

Actually I thought Blaqkout was a pretty much perfect album beat wise, Quik even had some 'classic' verses on there IMO. kurupt was good but in the end brought the album down a notch from its protential. I think that's what makes it a love/hate album.

I've read Quik was pissed with the reception and sales of the album tho, I'm thinking maybe that's why the production and mood of Quik on BOD took another direction

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2012, 02:49:04 AM »

Actually I thought Blaqkout was a pretty much perfect album beat wise, Quik even had some 'classic' verses on there IMO. kurupt was good but in the end brought the album down a notch from its protential. I think that's what makes it a love/hate album.

I've read Quik was pissed with the reception and sales of the album tho, I'm thinking maybe that's why the production and mood of Quik on BOD took another direction

"Blaqkout" is hella slept on...it's an 8/10...coulda been a 9/10 without the experimental filler tracks ("jupiters critic", "exodus").

pixtr

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2012, 06:45:05 AM »

Man..Soopafly produced his entire album ..Best Kept Secret.. one of best albuns last year...

A lot poor productions on Best Kept Secret, which even cant rival with his shit from Dat Woopty Woop, Bangin West Coast and productions as dope ghost producer

so whats wack beats from Battlecat what we can hear in recent years, rappers just dont take his dope beats cause who listens to g-funk now? a handful of people, he still got mad skills , "The Way Life Used To Be" is that what im still bumpin, and this is probably not change.

Will_B

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2012, 07:09:39 AM »

"Blaqkout" is hella slept on...it's an 8/10...coulda been a 9/10 without the experimental filler tracks ("jupiters critic", "exodus").

I agree its slept on but it still disappoints on lyrics. If u ain't listening for that its a summertime smash no doubt