Author Topic: Good kid mad city being compared to Illmatic? WTF  (Read 1318 times)

calihoodsta00

• Lil Geezy
Re: Good kid mad city being compared to Illmatic? WTF
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »
 :-\... You are some wierd ass dudes on everything, answer fucking quest is it comparable hell yeah it is take ya'll feelings & hate out of it ain't nobody sayin it's better n shit it's comparable that's all Kendrick is my favorite rapper & Nas is the greatest MC of all time to me I personally don't like his debut album I think some of his other albums easily tops illmatic to me.... Stillmatic, Hip hop is dead, Nas the lost tapes. That's my opinion, but Kendrick Lamar's GKMC is easily a hip hop classic he's story is so relatable his album is Compton in a nutshell & just like nas, Kendrick's GKMC might be weak compared to all the albums kendrick will make in the future dude is that talented so stop tryin make this illmatic v gkmc damn! There comparable that's all both are hip hop classics from different era's period.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »
:-\... You are some wierd ass dudes on everything, answer fucking quest is it comparable hell yeah it is take ya'll feelings & hate out of it ain't nobody sayin it's better n shit it's comparable that's all Kendrick is my favorite rapper & Nas is the greatest MC of all time to me I personally don't like his debut album I think some of his other albums easily tops illmatic to me.... Stillmatic, Hip hop is dead, Nas the lost tapes. That's my opinion, but Kendrick Lamar's GKMC is easily a hip hop classic he's story is so relatable his album is Compton in a nutshell & just like nas, Kendrick's GKMC might be weak compared to all the albums kendrick will make in the future dude is that talented so stop tryin make this illmatic v gkmc damn! There comparable that's all both are hip hop classics from different era's period.

so u don't like "illmatic", but u like "gkmc"....move along, sir

Okka

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »
I'd love to hear what Nas thinks about the album. I think he already said he thinks Kendrick is dope?

Will_B

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »
Finally got my GKMC double CD last night.

First proper listen toady on a good system, it's now my rap album of the year. 8)

calihoodsta00

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »
@NIKCC WTF you talking bout duke illmatic was great album but compred to his other albums that I love it's second tier, yes! I do enjoy gkmc more than llmatic because I can relate to Kendrick living in Compton & in shit, I can't relate to nas's illmatic cause I ain't from new York the shit Kendrick raps about on gkmc in lived thru some of those situations so it's more relatable for me not taking shit away from nas I just enjoy gkmc better if you don't like nigga that's on you.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
@NIKCC WTF you talking bout duke illmatic was great album but compred to his other albums that I love it's second tier, yes! I do enjoy gkmc more than llmatic because I can relate to Kendrick living in Compton & in shit, I can't relate to nas's illmatic cause I ain't from new York the shit Kendrick raps about on gkmc in lived thru some of those situations so it's more relatable for me not taking shit away from nas I just enjoy gkmc better if you don't like nigga that's on you.

if u think "gkmc" is a better album than "illmatic", then i feel sorry for ya mother.....naah, foreal, though, you must be out ya mind, cud.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »
I thought music was all subjective? Not NIK's biased opinion.

With that being said, TO ME, Illmatic > GKMD. However if you feel differently, that's cool too.

Will_B

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 11:16:42 AM »

With that being said, TO ME, Illmatic > GKMD. However if you feel differently, that's cool too.

If music was strictly subjective then Dre wouldn't know how to make a beat better.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »

If music was strictly subjective then Dre wouldn't know how to make a beat better.

I mean, it's pretty strictly subjective.

Gangnam Style officially hit one billion views yesterday on Youtube. Pretty popular. I bet 95% of this forum hates that song. Are you guys musically retarded because a billion people say it's a good song?

bouli77

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »

agreed, I remember getting into an argument when I was 15 cause some dude couldn't fathom the fact that I prefered Foesum's Perfection over Illmatic. I was like, yeah sure Illmatic is the greater album, but I personally prefer Perfection (which I don't as of now btw), but dude couldn't accept that. some people don't have the "courage" to have different taste.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »

agreed, I remember getting into an argument when I was 15 cause some dude couldn't fathom the fact that I prefered Foesum's Perfection over Illmatic. I was like, yeah sure Illmatic is the greater album, but I personally prefer Perfection (which I don't as of now btw), but dude couldn't accept that. some people don't have the "courage" to have different taste.

Yeah I've never understood trying to.force your opinion on someone else. There's no mathematic formula to say what is, and isn't dope. The great thing about music is that it is entirely subjective, and your tastes generally reflect your personal experiences with the music.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 05:19:44 PM »

he can say he prefers it, i have no problem with that...but to claim it's a better album is pretty sad and kills his credibility right off the bat. music is subjective...yes. does that mean one would not be an idiot if he said "game is to be sold" is a better snoop album than "doggystyle"? no, it doesn't. people are entitled to their opinions, but it don't mean they can't be wrong or lack credible taste

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 05:37:22 PM »

Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 09:24:43 PM »

if a rap critic ranked lil romeo's "romeoland" as a better album than "the chronic", would u respect his opinion going forward?

h2k4

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »

if u think "gkmc" is a better album than "illmatic", then i feel sorry for ya mother.....naah, foreal, though, you must be out ya mind, cud.

Calihoodsta's reasoning is probably one of the few valid points for not liking an album over another, on this board.  Usually it's just someone saying an album is trash cuz they didn't like the way their hair looked on the album cover.

I'll have to blow the dust off of Illmatic and revisit it but I'm already skipping thru a lot of songs on Good Kid Mad City.  In my opinion, Section 80 is a far better album than GKMC.  Not taking away anything from it but I'm just feeling Section 80 more.