Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3935 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »

3.  TI - Whats the difference between him and Ludacris?  No really...

the difference is that ludacris is a better rapper...really, tho, they have 2 completely different styles
hahahaha

Yes they have different styles.  But I would argue that they are similarly shitty.  Thats the real comparison. 

Rappers who took advantage of being from Atlanta.  If either dude was from St Paul Minnesota, they wouldnt have ever made it.  Especially TI.
LOL

I know, huh?

I find it hilarious that some methed out snitch has found a path to stardom simply thru where his mom pooped him out (geographically that is).

America truly is the land of opportunity. 
such hate. his house worth your whole life.

Ah, so you value material things at the top of the scale when it comes to what matters in life, huh?

Thats very shallow of you.  Not very introspective are we..
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2013, 06:44:24 PM »

the difference is that ludacris is a better rapper...really, tho, they have 2 completely different styles
hahahaha

Yes they have different styles.  But I would argue that they are similarly shitty.  Thats the real comparison. 

Rappers who took advantage of being from Atlanta.  If either dude was from St Paul Minnesota, they wouldnt have ever made it.  Especially TI.
LOL

I know, huh?

I find it hilarious that some methed out snitch has found a path to stardom simply thru where his mom pooped him out (geographically that is).

Ah, so you value material things at the top of the scale when it comes to what matters in life, huh?

material don't matter although it serves it's purpose. but the man's accomplishments overshadows anything negative you got to say about him so...
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2013, 06:50:43 PM »

hahahaha

LOL

I know, huh?

material don't matter although it serves it's purpose. but the man's accomplishments overshadows anything negative you got to say about him so...

No.  Youre backtracking now.  Youve already stated that a house can equal or surpass the worth of someones life.  If thats your belief, at least stand by it.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »

hahahaha

LOL

I know, huh?

No.  Youre backtracking now.  Youve already stated that a house can equal or surpass the worth of someones life.  If thats your belief, at least stand by it.
i quoted one of his lyrics and i stand by it as i said it in reference to you.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2013, 07:11:12 PM »
1. Jay-Z: Maybe I missed something (even though I've heard all of his albums), but Jay is the archetypal rapper that is called the greatest because HE says it all the time. Other things which piss me off about him is A: His whispering on songs, B: Being one of the first rappers to introduce the 'swagger' style of rapping and C: Not rhyming within the normal structure of the song! People stick up for that but it's bullshit; the basics of rap should be rhythm, flow, lyrics, and he has none in my opinion. He's no poet.

2. Notorious B.I.G.: First off, he could flow and rap better than most rappers, but god damn, he wasn't the best to ever do it. He dropped one album in 1994, and he's labelled 'King Of New York'?!? That would mean Snoop Doggy Dogg was the 'King Of California' but you never hear that (even though B.I.G. & Puff intentionally tried to make an album to rival 'Doggystyle' but to me, 'Ready To Die' was NOWHERE close to it). Also, he was a snake in the 2pac situation, no wonder he kept his mouth shut when 'Pac went at him, guilty people who are found out are never able to say anything.

This is a hard one, (because I've got so many in mind) but
3. Busta Ryhmes: A prime example of a rapper who will do anything to try and stay relevant (somewhat like Snoop is nowadays, but Busta never gets called out on it). When he first came out with his solo album, he's wearing shiny suits, shouting 'Whoo Hah!', pulling stupid faces for the cameras and basically, screaming at the top of his voice on every song. He's made some of the most unlistenable music in rap outside of Southern hip hop. Do people really get amped to him shouting like an asshole on songs? And now he's signed to Cash Money Records and rapping fast on with no substance whatsoever.

Maybe there should be a topic for most overrated producer.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »
1. Jay-Z: Maybe I missed something (even though I've heard all of his albums), but Jay is the archetypal rapper that is called the greatest because HE says it all the time. Other things which piss me off about him is A: His whispering on songs, B: Being one of the first rappers to introduce the 'swagger' style of rapping and C: Not rhyming within the normal structure of the song! People stick up for that but it's bullshit; the basics of rap should be rhythm, flow, lyrics, and he has none in my opinion. He's no poet.

2. Notorious B.I.G.: First off, he could flow and rap better than most rappers, but god damn, he wasn't the best to ever do it. He dropped one album in 1994, and he's labelled 'King Of New York'?!? That would mean Snoop Doggy Dogg was the 'King Of California' but you never hear that (even though B.I.G. & Puff intentionally tried to make an album to rival 'Doggystyle' but to me, 'Ready To Die' was NOWHERE close to it). Also, he was a snake in the 2pac situation, no wonder he kept his mouth shut when 'Pac went at him, guilty people who are found out are never able to say anything.

3. Busta Ryhmes: A prime example of a rapper who will do anything to try and stay relevant (somewhat like Snoop is nowadays, but Busta never gets called out on it). When he first came out with his solo album, he's wearing shiny suits, shouting 'Whoo Hah!', pulling stupid faces for the cameras and basically, screaming at the top of his voice on every song. He's made some of the most unlistenable music in rap outside of Southern hip hop. Do people really get amped to him shouting like an asshole on songs? And now he's signed to Cash Money Records and rapping fast on with no substance whatsoever.

PREACH!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2013, 06:11:49 AM »

biggie brought the east coast back wit ready to die.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2013, 06:26:51 AM »
"Ready To Die" is up there with "Doggystyle" IMO...plus LAD was better than "Doggfather", so Biggie was just as good as Snoop while he was alive

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2013, 06:36:14 AM »
"Ready To Die" is up there with "Doggystyle" IMO...plus LAD was better than "Doggfather", so Biggie was just as good as Snoop while he was alive
preach.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »

I only quoted Snoop vs. B.I.G. because of debut albums. The more pertinent question is:
2Pac - Me Against The World + All Eyez On Me vs. Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die + Life After Death.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »

I only quoted Snoop vs. B.I.G. because of debut albums. The more pertinent question is:
2Pac - Me Against The World + All Eyez On Me vs. Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die + Life After Death.
Ready To Die + Life After Death

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
kendrick lamar

Sccit

« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »
kendrick lamar

i agree with this one, too...he's a good rapper, but he's no GOAT like he's bein made out to be.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2013, 04:24:06 PM »
Yeah Kendrick is top 5 - top 10 overrated. Still cant get over people comparin his debut to Illmatic. Shows the difference between the people who heard Illmatic when it first dropped n the ones who listened to it in the 00s n just say its dope cuz everyone else does.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Remedy360

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2013, 04:40:38 PM »
kendrick lamar

i agree with this one, too...he's a good rapper, but he's no GOAT like he's bein made out to be.

Yeah, I hate to say it cause dude's a breath of fresh air in terms of bringing something different to the table, but people are putting him too high up.