Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3943 times)

123imagee

Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »
Busty Rhymes
Jay-Z
Jeezy

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2013, 05:38:21 PM »
This thread is stupid because even Tupac & Biggie have been called overrated. Anyone whose on top is "overrated".

Now because NIK is mad Kendrick doesn't sound like Eazy-E, he's "overrated", even though his random freestyles are lyrically twenty lightyears ahead of Eazy.

Eminem's "overrated" despite SSLP, MMLP & The Eminem Show being three albums I'd put toe to toe with almost any album that's come out in the last decade.

Jay-Z is hands down a top ten artist of all-time, but he's overrated because these West Coast kids don't fuck with his recent mainstream sound.

An overrated rapper is someone like Lil' Wayne, Drake, Big Sean or a handful of rappers from recent memory who have pretty much accomplished nothing but get praise like they have.
things fall apart > slim shady lp
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2013, 05:48:01 PM »
SSLP > 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »
Eminem's first 3 albums all deserved to be 5 Mic classics.   No other rapper has done it like that. 

The closest to that achievement would be Pac.  Pac's first album was maybe 3 mics, and his second album was like 4 mics.   Then his next 3 albums all deserved 5 Mics, MATW, AEOM, and 7 Day Theory.

(this is of course according to me and not official ratings from the Source)

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »
I'd personally say that MMLP and Eminem Show were classics, SSLP I'd give 4 or 4.5 mics.

'Pac's last 3 CD's were pure classics. I honestly didn't think AEOM was a classic, but enough people who know more about Hip-Hop thank I do consider it to be, so who am I to argue?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »
I'd personally say that MMLP and Eminem Show were classics, SSLP I'd give 4 or 4.5 mics.

'Pac's last 3 CD's were pure classics. I honestly didn't think AEOM was a classic, but enough people who know more about Hip-Hop thank I do consider it to be, so who am I to argue?

All Eyes On Me was hands down the greatest album every created in any genre.   Think about it, it was 2pac in his prime, at the height of his career, just out of jail, signed to the greatest rap label of all time, Death Row in it's prime... it's the only album that truly deserved to be a double album, every song is dope and it contains no skits.  That is truly unprecedented, never happened before and will never happen again!   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

midwestryder

« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »
See, people say overrated and I'd never put Eminem on there. From 1999-2002 he was a beast and no one was touching him. Every rapper falls off eventually. Rakim was great from 1986-1990, KRS-One was the same at that same time period. Snoop was on top from 1992-1995. Rap is a young man's game, so when I look at overrated, I don't look at who was great and then fell off, I look at who just was never good.

i'll take it a step further and say eminem 1996-2002 was a beast and nobody was touching him

even though i only liked about half of the eminem show the half i loved show he still had it  ("jesus, i don't believe this, bitch works at the cleaners, bringing me home diseases, swinging from Obie's penis"  lmao)

and infinite was lyrical gold....but a few of the beats were bland.
1996? eminem was not even around or known in 1996 . Eminem was not known till 1998 .

his debut album was from 96
Infinite does not count as Eminem real debut . no one knew who was & no one could really get that album . Infinite is like kendricks E.p. OR section 80. eminem slim shady lp is debut just like kendrick lamars debut is good kid m.A.A.d city. unlike kendrick e.p or section 80 that you could get easily off the internet you could not get Infinite that easy even in 1996.

Sure, but to say he was "not around" is false.
no it is not when he was not herd or seen in 1996 on any real hip hop shows or radio . eminem was so underground in 1996 that he wass more underground then the underground hip hop of 1996.

doesnt matter, his original statement was that no one was fuckin with eminem lyrically at that time...doesnt matter how big he was, as an emcee, he came out the gates beastin.
no was fucking with eminem at all at that time . it don't matter what he was doing lyrically at the time if no one hears you then at all . as Emcee he came out no one knowing him or caring about him in 1996 . if no one knows you then you don't matter & that is fact . Eminem was nobody in 1996. those are the facts.

bouli77

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2013, 11:34:26 PM »
that's not the point, whether he was known or not is irrelevant. he was unknown in 1996 but that doesn't mean that he wasn't beasting. it's not incompatible.

Sccit

« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »
that's not the point, whether he was known or not is irrelevant. he was unknown in 1996 but that doesn't mean that he wasn't beasting. it's not incompatible.

it's a fairly simple concept

Remedy360

« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2013, 12:35:19 AM »

That's what I was trying to explain to our primitive friend over here.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2013, 10:13:44 AM »

All Eyes On Me was hands down the greatest album every created in any genre.   Think about it, it was 2pac in his prime, at the height of his career, just out of jail, signed to the greatest rap label of all time, Death Row in it's prime... it's the only album that truly deserved to be a double album, every song is dope and it contains no skits.  That is truly unprecedented, never happened before and will never happen again!   

When I heard the album, I left thinking 2Pac has to be the greatest ever. At the same time, I just thought MATW and 7DT were better albums. But I guess it was the double album concept. MATW and 7DT sounded like albums, AEOM sounded like a greatest hits collection. But it was 2Pac at his best. To start the album with Ambitionz Az A Ridah jest set it off that he was going to kill it. And he did.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2013, 10:19:38 AM »

When I heard the album, I left thinking 2Pac has to be the greatest ever. At the same time, I just thought MATW and 7DT were better albums. But I guess it was the double album concept. MATW and 7DT sounded like albums, AEOM sounded like a greatest hits collection. But it was 2Pac at his best. To start the album with Ambitionz Az A Ridah jest set it off that he was going to kill it. And he did.

AEOM is one of the very few double albums, that worked well.  99 percent of double albums could have been 1 great single album.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2013, 10:25:19 AM »

AEOM is one of the very few double albums, that worked well.  99 percent of double albums could have been 1 great single album.

yep

life after death should've been one disc and same with wu tang forever

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »
If Life After Death and Wu Tang Forever were one disc, then they'd be classics. Blueprint 2 was another album that should have been one disc. AEOM was a great collection of songs. I do guess I don't look at it as high as 7DT and MATW because I just love that album feel with the skits and sort of a flow. MATW and 7DT also had a certain sound to each of them that if you heard a song, you knew it was from that album. MATW was more mellow and reflective, 7DT was rough and full of rage. AEOM was sort of, I'm out after a year in jail and this is the hottest music I got.