Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3922 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 11:00:07 AM »
eminem
eminem and eminem

the only barriers he broke was first white rapper to gain acceptance and first rapper to rap so frequently about drugs and weiner.

his shit never sounded that original to me because i grew up off kool g rap and masta ace DITC etc...if nas or lord finesse or someone said that shit it would have either been over looked or censored. im not saying hes not good but hes not better then master ace or kool g rap. hes not better then nas or any of the niggas he got inspired by.

but lyrically, eminem in his prime could stand toe-to-toe with anyone, which is why he's not overrated

let me tell you why thats bullshit.

he was only in his lyrical prime for his first 2 albums....although i really love relapse but i think i only love it because most of his fans hate it.

eminems like 40 something years old right? his best days on the mic sadly happened before he got signed...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 11:40:28 AM »
See, people say overrated and I'd never put Eminem on there. From 1999-2002 he was a beast and no one was touching him. Every rapper falls off eventually. Rakim was great from 1986-1990, KRS-One was the same at that same time period. Snoop was on top from 1992-1995. Rap is a young man's game, so when I look at overrated, I don't look at who was great and then fell off, I look at who just was never good.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »
eminem almost signed with duck down records...if that happened he would be on sean ps level MAYBE.

they put that fucking machine behind him. hes a great fucking rapper...elite even but hes not better then alot of cats that have been overlooked for years.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
See, people say overrated and I'd never put Eminem on there. From 1999-2002 he was a beast and no one was touching him. Every rapper falls off eventually. Rakim was great from 1986-1990, KRS-One was the same at that same time period. Snoop was on top from 1992-1995. Rap is a young man's game, so when I look at overrated, I don't look at who was great and then fell off, I look at who just was never good.

good point...you would have to put Nelly up there in terms of his success and him never being that good...probably Ja Rule as well

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
eminem
eminem and eminem

the only barriers he broke was first white rapper to gain acceptance and first rapper to rap so frequently about drugs and weiner.

his shit never sounded that original to me because i grew up off kool g rap and masta ace DITC etc...if nas or lord finesse or someone said that shit it would have either been over looked or censored. im not saying hes not good but hes not better then master ace or kool g rap. hes not better then nas or any of the niggas he got inspired by.

but lyrically, eminem in his prime could stand toe-to-toe with anyone, which is why he's not overrated

let me tell you why thats bullshit.

he was only in his lyrical prime for his first 2 albums....although i really love relapse but i think i only love it because most of his fans hate it.

eminems like 40 something years old right? his best days on the mic sadly happened before he got signed...

Naah, everything he did from Infinite up until Eminem show was lyrically great.. He started slippin with Encore and only completely fell of with Recovery. But his prime, I'd say, was around the time 8 Mile dropped

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 01:08:16 PM »

good point...you would have to put Nelly up there in terms of his success and him never being that good...probably Ja Rule as well

Oh, that's true. But I never hear anyone put Ja and Nelly in any GOAT ranking. The ones I listed, I hear GOAT or legend next to their names. Lil' Wayne is not top 20, Lil' Kim MAYBE is top 5 female but not GOAT female like everyone thinks, and Dre and Eazy never wrote their rhymes so it's hard for me to call them legend. BUT Ja and Nelly, in their times were commercial, so I have a hard time saying they are overrated because no one ever called them GOAT of anything. Still, I'd say they are highly overrated rappers in general, never really good and were products of the Bling Era of Hip-Hop when just about anything sold.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »

Oh, that's true. But I never hear anyone put Ja and Nelly in any GOAT ranking. The ones I listed, I hear GOAT or legend next to their names. Lil' Wayne is not top 20, Lil' Kim MAYBE is top 5 female but not GOAT female like everyone thinks, and Dre and Eazy never wrote their rhymes so it's hard for me to call them legend. BUT Ja and Nelly, in their times were commercial, so I have a hard time saying they are overrated because no one ever called them GOAT of anything. Still, I'd say they are highly overrated rappers in general, never really good and were products of the Bling Era of Hip-Hop when just about anything sold.
eazy e not a legend and didn't write rhymes ? check it's on and str.8 off the streetz of compton he also wrote on zaggin4efil.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 01:20:27 PM »

eazy e not a legend and didn't write rhymes ? check it's on and str.8 off the streetz of compton he also wrote on zaggin4efil.

http://www.discogs.com/Eazy-E-Str8-Off-Tha-Streetz-Of-Muthaphukkin-Compton/release/873783
5 out of 13 songs were written by Eazy. And not his strong songs on this album.

I own all Eazy E albums and all N.W.A. albums. If there is one thing I know, it's Eazy E. Never said I didn't like Eazy or Dre, but I wouldn't call them rap legends. A great businessman and great producer, yes. Rappers, no.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »

i'll take it a step further and say eminem 1996-2002 was a beast and nobody was touching him

even though i only liked about half of the eminem show the half i loved show he still had it  ("jesus, i don't believe this, bitch works at the cleaners, bringing me home diseases, swinging from Obie's penis"  lmao)

and infinite was lyrical gold....but a few of the beats were bland.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »

http://www.discogs.com/Eazy-E-Str8-Off-Tha-Streetz-Of-Muthaphukkin-Compton/release/873783
5 out of 13 songs were written by Eazy. And not his strong songs on this album.

I own all Eazy E albums and all N.W.A. albums. If there is one thing I know, it's Eazy E. Never said I didn't like Eazy or Dre, but I wouldn't call them rap legends. A great businessman and great producer, yes. Rappers, no.

eazy wrote on every song on the streetz except for 4 if there's one thing i know it's eazy e. eazy laid the foundation for the west coast as you and i both know it. how is he not a legend ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
Eazy wrote a lot of his stuff post Cube/DOC didn't he?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »
Eazy wrote a lot of his stuff post Cube/DOC didn't he?
yeah he wrote a lot.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 01:39:42 PM »

This. You had alot of rappers who spit crazy shit that got overlooked but then the white dude comes along n says it n its exaggerrated n blown up.

BS. Black Thought from the Roots been one of the best lyricists since 89-90 n still as good as he was then. Cormega been dope since he first came out n probably better now. Common been dope since early 90s, Raekwon, Pharaohe Monch, AZ, Talib Kweli. OC all still rappin at the level they was when they first came out. If a rapper only has a run of 3-5 years of hot music but people call them one of the greats theyre the perfect example of bein overrated.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »

This. You had alot of rappers who spit crazy shit that got overlooked but then the white dude comes along n says it n its exaggerrated n blown up.

BS. Black Thought from the Roots been one of the best lyricists since 89-90 n still as good as he was then. Cormega been dope since he first came out n probably better now. Common been dope since early 90s, Raekwon, Pharaohe Monch, AZ, Talib Kweli. OC all still rappin at the level they was when they first came out. If a rapper only has a run of 3-5 years of hot music but people call them one of the greats theyre the perfect example of bein overrated.
black thought > em

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
Shit all those guys I named > Em
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will