Author Topic: Eazy-E Planned To Kill Suge Knight, According To Jerry Heller  (Read 1446 times)

BigMeazy

Re: Eazy-E Planned To Kill Suge Knight, According To Jerry Heller
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 03:26:42 AM »
Also regarding what was said above wasnt Suge Knight a security guard/body gaurd for Ruthless Records back in the day? D.O.C and Suge used to hit up the club scene and get into all kinds of shit?? Suge sounds like he just too advantage of a situation he thought he could control. It was Harry O that put the money in place to start Deathrow not Suge, Suge was just the front and he even crossed Harry O, even tried to say he was a snitch.

From what I can see Harry O did his time for murder, Suge fucked him over while he was locked up and then tried to discredit his name and call him a snitch, Harry O should have had Suge shot not sued...........

I'd take out Suge and start down the row, since Dre is a bitch I'd slap that hoe, two dogs in a hudle................ RIP Eazy E

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »
^truth. if eazy and ruthless was rippin' them niggas off how come they didn't sue ? how come eazy was still gettin' paid off dre when he was at death row ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »
The way i see it most groups are destined to fail, especially when the group is made up of people who were not around each other before the group formed.

In the case of N.W.A., they all knew each other before the group started. I would certainly agree that egos play a part in it but if you have a multi-million-dollar formula, if you are the guys managing the acts and owning the company, you need to keep things civil. I've made the same case with the turmoil at Death Row between Tupac-Dre and Tupac-Snoop. This idea that a label has to be an extended family doesn't work because family and business don't mix. You can't handle business over personal matters. If two artists on your label don't click and one is worth $90 million in sales and the other is worth like $70 million, you don't send one out and let a rival label take that money and eat into your own fanbase, you create a situation to co-exist.

do you really believe The D.O.C. Above The Law etc. received watches and cars in stead of royalty checks?

I can't say for certain who got what or didn't get what but D.O.C. has said he got a gold watch in exchange for his publishing. It's not strictly a Ruthless thing either. I've seen and read some documents that show plenty of cats at Death Row, Bad Boy, and various other labels that show artists basically getting fancy cars and jewelry in exchange for publishing rights on some very lucrative writing credits for hit songs and albums.  

anyway, i don't believe cube's solodeal was that much better in compared to ruthless, other than the fact that he was paid as a soloact

I would say that in itself is a better deal than what he got at Ruthless. Ice Cube was the attitude in that group. He was writing the songs and playing backseat to Eazy both financially and as an artist. I would argue that Cube was being undervalued more so than Dr. Dre was. Eazy may not have been paying Dre what his value was but from what Heller says, he and Eazy at least saw Dre as a major contributing factor to the success of the label as a whole. That whole angry anti-establishment concept was pure Ice Cube. It was prevalent in his early post-NWA solo work and lacking on the follow-up albums. Dre's evolving production mind kept things afloat on the follow-up album but conceptually, it's more sex and violence in the subject matter without the method behind the madness that Cube brought. In leaving Ruthless, he now becomes the focus over at Priority and in addition to being the only act being pushed, he also isn't splitting checks with four or five other artists-songwriters.

I would take what Ice Cube and Dr Dre said about Ruthless and Eazy with a grain of salt because even if they were wrong they are never going to admit it. People seem to take what Ice Cube says about Eazy/Ruthless/Jerry as gospel?Huh Why?? Cube has proven these days that he is all about the $$$$.

There is no denying that Cube and Dre's accounts are just one side of the story and I would never argue they aren't likely just as guilty of being greedy and egotistical as well but Eric is the fucking company. If you run a multi-million-dollar company, you are going to have to deal with prima donna aspect when it comes to negotiating deals. They let Cube walk. He went somewhere else and made hundreds of million dollars for them. I doubt what he was asking for would have equaled anywhere near what his contributions would have added up to had they kept it.

Dre is a different story. He was a contracted talent and Ruthless technically were paying him what his contract obligated them to. Oddly though, Heller actually has said that it was a mistake on their parts not to renegotiate with him because he was the hottest producer in the game at that time and his value had increased significantly. In the end, Interscope ended up stealing Dre away through Suge, made so much off him that they could afford to offer Ruthless a percentage, and they basically lost the most profitable brand (N.W.A.) that they had over it.

Ive never heard MC Ren say that Eazy ripped him off , never heard ATL say that either.

I don't think I've ever read/heard anything where he specifically discusses money but Ren has said that once Dre left, him and Eazy weren't as cool as they once were. Ren said Eazy was pushing to do another N.W.A. album and Ren said it would be wack without Dre producing it. There's an interview they did with MTV during the CB4 premiere and Eazy is talking about doing it and Ren is more or less saying, "If we can get everyone back, I might do it". He basically said he was still cool with Dre and didn't want to be a part of all the artists kissing up to Eazy by telling him Chronic was wack and dissing Dre.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »
^truth. if eazy and ruthless was rippin' them niggas off how come they didn't sue ? how come eazy was still gettin' paid off dre when he was at death row ?
Well, they can't exactly sue for something that isn't illegal. The beauty of the business end for the guys who run labels is most artists don't know dick about how to read a contract. If you don't know what something is worth and I do and I offer you something like two or three cents for every dollar it's worth, am I ripping you off? If I have a better business mind and the lawyers to back me up, what can you do? It's more a matter of ethics than legality.

Cube can't sue because he never signed a deal. The story goes that they were all offered checks to sign as a group at one of their concerts, everyone did, except for Cube, who said he wanted to have a lawyer look at it. He said the deal ended up being a poor one but said he tried to negotiate a better one and they passed so he ended up going solo at another label.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
Well, they can't exactly sue for something that isn't illegal. The beauty of the business end for the guys who run labels is most artists don't know dick about how to read a contract. If you don't know what something is worth and I do and I offer you something like two or three cents for every dollar it's worth, am I ripping you off? If I have a better business mind and the lawyers to back me up, what can you do? It's more a matter of ethics than legality.

Cube can't sue because he never signed a deal. The story goes that they were all offered checks to sign as a group at one of their concerts, everyone did, except for Cube, who said he wanted to have a lawyer look at it. He said the deal ended up being a poor one but said he tried to negotiate a better one and they passed so he ended up going solo at another label.
true but as far as dre if he claimed he was ripped off he shoulda sued. eazy ended up still makin' money off him he couldn't blame ruthless for his lack of knowledge as far as contractual dealings.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 02:38:23 PM »
I really don't think he could have sued. Unlike Cube, he signed on the dotted line. With record companies, it's hard to know what you're getting into and that's why so many young artists get fucked. The guys who run the label are always going to try and cut corners when it comes to paying an artist. What's an artist going to do? Hire a lawyer. Who do you think is going to have better legal representation? More over, if your manager also manages the record label that is paying your contract, who do you think they're going to bat for when it's negotiation time?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »
i honestly don't think dre was gettin' jerked but i do think that if he wasn't gettin' what he thought he should be gettin' he shoulda worked it out wit eazy. suge did him even worst.

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »

nah Dre made a lot of money on Death Row, cause he had learned his lesson from his past experience with Eazy... he had his publishing and everything. Dre made tens of millions on Death Row. He was getting chump change on Ruthless. One of Snoop's gripes with Dre was that Dre hadn't schooled Snoop on the business end when he was on Death Row, in other words Dre was aware Snoop and them were getting ripped off and never told them.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »

nah Dre made a lot of money on Death Row, cause he had learned his lesson from his past experience with Eazy... he had his publishing and everything. Dre made tens of millions on Death Row. He was getting chump change on Ruthless. One of Snoop's gripes with Dre was that Dre hadn't schooled Snoop on the business end when he was on Death Row, in other words Dre was aware Snoop and them were getting ripped off and never told them.
cool. but he was co owner of death row or so he thought and his artists was gettin' ripped off and he knew it he was no better than eazy or jerry (rbx's a.w.o.l comes to mind).

bouli77

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »
i'm not saying Dre isn't shady, i was just reacting to your saying "suge did him even worst" which isn't really the case (financially speaking).

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »
i'm not saying Dre isn't shady, i was just reacting to your saying "suge did him even worst" which isn't really the case (financially speaking).
overall i meant not just financially.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2013, 03:40:05 PM »
Jerry Heller claims that Eazy-E wanted to kill Suge Knight. "I should have let him kill him," Heller says. "I would have done the world a favor."

According to Ruthless Records co-founder Jerry Heller, Eazy-E wanted to kill Suge Knight. Heller recently revealed this in a radio interview, claiming that Eazy wanted to kill Knight and that he feels he "should have let him" do it.

In an interview with Prezident Bejda of The Murder Master Music Show, Heller explained how this conversation took place.

"Eazy said, 'You know this guy Suge Knight?' I said, 'Yeah.' He says, 'Well, I'm gonna kill him!' He said, 'This guy is gonna be a problem and I think I should kill him.' I said, 'Let me think this thing through. First of all, we're doing $10 million a month with six employees. We don't even have a typewriter in the office. We're the most successful start-up record company in the history of the music business and you want to kill this guy? That just doesn't make any sense to me.'"

Heller then explained that he regrets talking Eazy out of it.

"You know something? I should have let him kill him. You know? I would have done the world a favor. He would have done it for sure by himself. He always rolled by himself and he was fearless...I think that he was going to go do it. I took him seriously."

"He was right and I was wrong," he later added. "I shouldn't have talked him out of it. Ruthless would probably still be around. Dr. Dre and Ice Cube would probably still be with Ruthless. It would have been an empire." 
Its crazy!cause Suge got Eazy in the end....shot him up with aids..and thats real....streets every where knows this...but the media says he just died of aids threw sex....no, suge did it...hell Suge evens hints it,and laughs about in a live interview. :-\

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
Jerry Heller claims that Eazy-E wanted to kill Suge Knight. "I should have let him kill him," Heller says. "I would have done the world a favor."

According to Ruthless Records co-founder Jerry Heller, Eazy-E wanted to kill Suge Knight. Heller recently revealed this in a radio interview, claiming that Eazy wanted to kill Knight and that he feels he "should have let him" do it.

In an interview with Prezident Bejda of The Murder Master Music Show, Heller explained how this conversation took place.

"Eazy said, 'You know this guy Suge Knight?' I said, 'Yeah.' He says, 'Well, I'm gonna kill him!' He said, 'This guy is gonna be a problem and I think I should kill him.' I said, 'Let me think this thing through. First of all, we're doing $10 million a month with six employees. We don't even have a typewriter in the office. We're the most successful start-up record company in the history of the music business and you want to kill this guy? That just doesn't make any sense to me.'"

"You know something? I should have let him kill him. You know? I would have done the world a favor. He would have done it for sure by himself. He always rolled by himself and he was fearless...I think that he was going to go do it. I took him seriously."

"He was right and I was wrong," he later added. "I shouldn't have talked him out of it. Ruthless would probably still be around. Dr. Dre and Ice Cube would probably still be with Ruthless. It would have been an empire." 
Its crazy!cause Suge got Eazy in the end....shot him up with aids..and thats real....streets every where knows this...but the media says he just died of aids threw sex....no, suge did it...hell Suge evens hints it,and laughs about in a live interview. :-\

lmao, there are so much  tin foil hat people in here

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »

this makes sense cause how would suge know how eazy was killed in detail like that ?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »
this makes sense cause how would suge know how eazy was killed in detail like that ?
Whose to say that was how Eazy died?  It sounded more like Suge making a joke.