Author Topic: $100,000 for a DJ Quik Beat?  (Read 1029 times)

MOBNigga06

$100,000 for a DJ Quik Beat?
« on: October 26, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »
Just wondering: who in the industry ever paid Quik $100,000 for a beat? I know this figure gets thrown around in some of his songs, so I'm guessing it's not entirely fictional, but is perhaps a payment he received one or two times for beats on major-selling albums. Maybe for the beat of Let's Get Down? For production on Whitney and Janet? Pac?

Y'all know what I'm talking about, when Quik says "$100,000 a track is what I crack" and AMG says "Quik got a beat that'd cost 100 grand!"
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Blood$

Re: $100,000 for a DJ Quik Beat?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
I'm sure Jay-Z broke him off 50-100K for The Black Album

V2DHeart

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:27:26 AM »
Aftermath paid DJ Quik a lot of money, as do others to take credit for his work. He has had a lot of influence and had a lot of involvement in a lot of major Hip Hop albums. This is  albums where he had a huge involvement in on an overseeing level, but very little credit in (due to taking the large initial lump sum)

Jay Z - Blueprint - The Gift & the curse
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trying
2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Xzibit - Restless
The Game - The Documentary

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Okka

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »
Aftermath paid DJ Quik a lot of money, as do others to take credit for his work. He has had a lot of influence and had a lot of involvement in a lot of major Hip Hop albums. This is  albums where he had a huge involvement in on an overseeing level, but very little credit in (due to taking the large initial lump sum)

2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Xzibit - Restless

And you're sayin' this because Quik himself said it? Where are you gettin' this from?

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »
GRODT and Documentary sound like stretches to me... Quik might have mixed one or two songs on Game's album but not 50's

50 Cent still doesn't even know who DJ Quik is, word to Nima

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 09:50:15 AM »

2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Xzibit - Restless

Yes where are you getting this info? Seems more like something a die-hard Quik fan would convince their-self to believe
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
Quik actually spoke a little about "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" in a ThisIs50 interview he did with Jack Thriller.

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »
"I slapped the shit out of my sister for trying to extort me"  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

on another note I just remembered Quik was on Ludacris' Red Light District album at the time Luda was on top of the world, so I'm sure he could have gotten close to that 100K there too
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:32:49 AM by BloodMoneyMane »

Mietek23

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »
Anyone knows how much Quik charge for beats these days? (Major and independent)

doublee313

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 03:05:06 PM »
Anyone knows how much Quik charge for beats these days? (Major and independent)

He mentioned he pays about $150 for his perm.  That's all I know.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 04:39:11 PM »

Game 50 Cent DJ Quik AOL Sessions

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »

2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Xzibit - Restless

i don't think he had a "huge" involvement in any of this, except for AEOM where he produced heartz of men, mixed a lot of the tracks and ghostproduced some of them (skandalouz)

other than that they just used some of his drums for GRODT or Documentary, big deal lol. and he landed a beat on a Jay-Z album and was friends with his engineer Guru.

Okka

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »

Here's what 50 said back in 2005:

dubcnn.com: Would you consider signing DJ Quik as an artist or producer?

DJ Quik?

dubcnn.com: I know he's working with Game...

Yeah he works with Game... but I'm not really interested in that...

dubcnn.com: That would be some shit though, to hear you flowin' over some funky DJ Quik beats..

Over some Quik beats huh... Yeah... It's a possibility... We might make music and make records together.

He definitely sounds like he doesn't know who Quik is, might have heard his name because he was Game's DJ, but it sounds like he doesn't actually know his music.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »
I'm sure Jay-Z broke him off 50-100K for The Black Album

It's ironic how Quik got so much money for such a wack beat, yet he probably never earned a penny off all of the dope beats he produced for the Mausberg album!
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »

Here's what 50 said back in 2005:

dubcnn.com: Would you consider signing DJ Quik as an artist or producer?

DJ Quik?

dubcnn.com: I know he's working with Game...

Yeah he works with Game... but I'm not really interested in that...

dubcnn.com: That would be some shit though, to hear you flowin' over some funky DJ Quik beats..

Over some Quik beats huh... Yeah... It's a possibility... We might make music and make records together.

He definitely sounds like he doesn't know who Quik is, might have heard his name because he was Game's DJ, but it sounds like he doesn't actually know his music.
Oh wow. Damn just goes to show how Quik was slept on.