Author Topic: Daz and Dr. Dre  (Read 1875 times)

doublee313

Daz and Dr. Dre
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »
What exactly happened between Daz and Dr. Dre?  It's like Dre wants nothing to do with him.  Dre is still cool with Snoop, Kurupt, Roscoe, etc.  I know Daz is a shitting person (ripping fans off online, etc), but he must have did something bad to make Dre blow him off.

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Daz and Dr. Dre
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »
Whether it's because he wanted to make himself out to be a better producer than he really was, Daz was saying shit about Dre, particularly stuff about Dre allegedly stealing production credits from other people on Death Row.  True or not, don't think that Dre is going to take it lightly and want to be buddies again after time passes, especially when Dre blew up and was in a position of leverage.  And that's why Daz was pretty much the only ex-Death Row act who still had a career but didn't get invited to his Up in Smoke tour.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »
Didn't they reconcile recently, wasn't there a picture of the two of them together ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

doublee313

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »
Didn't they reconcile recently, wasn't there a picture of the two of them together ?

Yeah, that picture was funny because Daz looked like he was excluded out.  LOL.  His face was like "I need attention!".  He must have really burnt ends with Dre because Kurupt even made up with Dre after going back to Death Row.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »
There are a couple recent pictures of Dre and Daz together.  They might not have problems with each other, but don't expect to see any musical collaborations between them anytime soon.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »
fuck Daz

he wont be on Detox

Okka

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »
Daz started dissin' Dre after Dre already had left Death Row, sayin' he took credit for shit he didn't do and claimin' he owed him money. I think he started goin' at him because Pac was dissin' Dre too. Daz was one of the only ones from DPG though, Kurupt never dissed Dre. Snoop had that intro on "Tha Doggfather" and i think that was aimed at Dre, but i don't think he never really dissed him on anything. Dre and Daz are cool now though. Dre was supposed to oversee the next Dogg Pound album with Snoop.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:40:28 PM by Okka »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »
Daz started dissin' Dre after Dre already had left Death Row, sayin' he took credit for shit he didn't do and claimin' he owed him money. I think he started goin' at him because Pac was dissin' Dre too. Daz was one of the only ones from DPG though, Kurupt never dissed Dre. Snoop had that intro on "Tha Doggfather" and i think that was aimed at Dre, but i don't think he never really dissed him on anything. Dre and Daz are cool now though. Dre was supposed to oversee the next Dogg Pound album with Snoop.
Daz may even have been (part of) the reason why Pac started to dislike Dre.  Remember that in some interviews, Pac was saying that he hated the fact that Dre was taking credit for other people's beats.  In XXL's issue where they talked about the making of All Eyez on Me, I think there was a quote from Daz about Got My Mind Made Up, where he said that Dre took credit for it (which I doubt, since Daz was credited as the producer in the album insert, contrasting to prior albums where it was always stating that Dr. Dre produced the whole album).

I don't think that Doggfather took any shots at Dre, since Snoop was always cool with Dre, even when Dre left, though of course it caused some confusion within their camp.  But I distinctly remember some MTV interviews with Snoop about the album when it came out, and Snoop was saying that he did reach out to Dre and asked him to contribute some beats, and Dre kind of passed on it without officially saying no, though in the interview, he said he viewed it as Dre telling him to grow up (but not in a bad way, more in a way to have more creative freedom and recruit his own production team).

Okka

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
Tupac heard the "Got My Mind Made Up" beat and asked Dr. Dre who made it and Dre said he did, then he found out that it was actually made by Daz. That probably was what made Tupac hate Dre. At first he wasn't really dissin' Dre, he was on radio sayin' that "Dre is a dope producer, but he hasn't worked in years" and stuff like that. I still really think that it was Suge who made Pac start talkin' mad shit about Dr. Dre, callin' him gay and all that shit. Suge wasn't happy at all that Dr. Dre was leavin' the label.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 04:32:40 PM »
Even if it's true... it was ONE beat, and not even one that became a huge single either.  It's not like he claimed Ambitionz az a Ridah or 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted.  Dre may not have released a ton of his own material, but the guy did make a ton of beats.  Maybe he confused it for one of his own that could've used a very similar sample... kind of like how there's a Tash song off of Rap Life (can't remember which one) that uses the same sample as Dre's Next Episode (the 2001 version, not the Death Row one).

bouli77

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
i think daz went too far with dissing dre and was not classy about it. i think Dre kinda took it personal when he was the one who put daz on in the first place and has no interest in working with Daz anymore. you saw group pictures with Dre & Daz together in like 2011 or 2012 or whatever but I don't think Dre really forgave Daz, whereas he's always been cool with Kurupt, and you saw pictures of Dre & Kurupt, or Dre & Roscoe, or Dre & Soopafly alone cause he's actually working with these guys. He just accepts Daz around cause he doesn't have much of a choice when the posse is here but at the end of the day i don't think they ever had a conversation in years, it's like dre doesn't even acknowledge Daz lol whereas he was bigging him up when he was on death row (see an interview on Yo MTV Raps where Dre is in NYC and praises Daz, or his ad libs on Dogg Food)

snoop resented Dre leaving Death Row without consulting him first cause Snoop said in an interview he woulda considered bouncing with him but he never really dissed him and always gave him the utmost respect. even in the Da Game booklet he shouts out Dre and says something like "get at me, nigga". if you think about it Daz took that shit too far and talked too much shit and that's prolly why he burnt bridges for ever with him.

daz not being included on tha up in smoke tour was fair game IMO, dude was feuding with Snoop and talked shit about Dre, was featured on Chronic 2000 quite a lot (even if Kurupt was too, to an extent), it's not like they were goin to embrace him like that.

as for the DPG album overseen by Dre I never bought the idea in the first place, too me it was just words from Kurupt not to be taken seriously, like that Dogg Pound Bone Thugs collabo, or the countless projects they talk about in interviews.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 05:54:49 PM »
Tupac heard the "Got My Mind Made Up" beat and asked Dr. Dre who made it and Dre said he did, then he found out that it was actually made by Daz. That probably was what made Tupac hate Dre. At first he wasn't really dissin' Dre, he was on radio sayin' that "Dre is a dope producer, but he hasn't worked in years" and stuff like that. I still really think that it was Suge who made Pac start talkin' mad shit about Dr. Dre, callin' him gay and all that shit. Suge wasn't happy at all that Dr. Dre was leavin' the label.

Lol its funny because people always say "the message in 2Pac's old songs are still relevant to this day". The most prophetic quote he ever said is "Dre is a dope producer but he hasn't worked in years". Still true to this day.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »
snoop resented Dre leaving Death Row without consulting him first cause Snoop said in an interview he woulda considered bouncing with him but he never really dissed him and always gave him the utmost respect. even in the Da Game booklet he shouts out Dre and says something like "get at me, nigga". if you think about it Daz took that shit too far and talked too much shit and that's prolly why he burnt bridges for ever with him.

daz not being included on tha up in smoke tour was fair game IMO, dude was feuding with Snoop and talked shit about Dre, was featured on Chronic 2000 quite a lot (even if Kurupt was too, to an extent), it's not like they were goin to embrace him like that.

Dre and Snoop worked together in '96. Snoop was on the original version of "Zoom". I can't remember the reason why it wasn't released though.

I always thought the intro of "Tha Doggfather" was aimed at Dre. "This is dedicated to the niggas that said gangsta rap was dead, fuck y'all." That was when Dre said that gangsta rap was dead in his opinion and he wanted to start makin' different music and more R&B and all that bullshit. We all know how that worked out.

I got a picture of Dre, Daz, Snoop, B-Real and Nate Dogg playin' Playstation and they got the Dual Analog Controllers that came out in '97. So they were cool at some point.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
Whether it's because he wanted to make himself out to be a better producer than he really was, Daz was saying shit about Dre, particularly stuff about Dre allegedly stealing production credits from other people on Death Row.  True or not, don't think that Dre is going to take it lightly and want to be buddies again after time passes, especially when Dre blew up and was in a position of leverage.  And that's why Daz was pretty much the only ex-Death Row act who still had a career but didn't get invited to his Up in Smoke tour.

Exactly.  I mean.. I love how Daz was like the last man standing on Death Row in 1998.  He was like single-handedly holding up the greatest label in history and holding up the West Coast.  But rap fans were too busy listening to No Limit and Master P to notice.   Around that time Daz was dissing Dre over the production credits issue.   Then a year or so later Dre blew up again and Daz ended up getting left out of the mix, for good.   So as usual Dre got the last word in the argument.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MOBNigga06

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 08:29:21 PM »
It's funny, you ever notice that Quik does not fuck with Daz either? Quik does endless production for Snoop and Kurupt, messes with other DPG affiliates like Terrace, but never works with Daz. You never see them chilling or in pictures together. My impression is that since Quik is a genius, he just gets offended by Daz's low IQ.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.