Author Topic: Count them down ficcaz... u aint even gone need two hands...  (Read 2151 times)

MUHFUKKA

Re: Count them down ficcaz... u aint even gone need two hands...
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2014, 12:19:14 PM »
guarantee you infant the ultimate 90's rap fan has never listened to a cypress hill cd

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »
guarantee you infant the ultimate 90's rap fan has never listened to a cypress hill cd

they are west coast stoners so i bet he has

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2014, 04:58:41 PM »
Awesome story. So, when will we see you in the Smokebox with B Real? 8)

I was offered many times from b real, sen, bobo, and all the cypress crew to smoke but I gave it up many years earlier to focus on my voice and eliminating any possibilities of damaging it on the road. Trust me, they are very generous and laid back. Well spoken and cordial. There's a reason why they've been around as long as they have. Talent will get you far, combine it with being good people others always want you back. The last time we partied was after a show in Detroit, from what I remember we started out by ordering 16 or 24 budweisers lol. Whatever amount it was the tray the waitress was carrying was over capacity haha. Never a dull moment.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »

I was offered many times from b real, sen, bobo, and all the cypress crew to smoke but I gave it up many years earlier to focus on my voice and eliminating any possibilities of damaging it on the road. Trust me, they are very generous and laid back. Well spoken and cordial. There's a reason why they've been around as long as they have. Talent will get you far, combine it with being good people others always want you back. The last time we partied was after a show in Detroit, from what I remember we started out by ordering 16 or 24 budweisers lol. Whatever amount it was the tray the waitress was carrying was over capacity haha. Never a dull moment.

can't believe you didn't smoke just once with them

ayo tell a story about twiztid

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »

Nah some of the others in the band did however. They respected why I didn't smoke, also at the time one of our other members had quit drinking for many years and they were always respectful of that.

Anyway a little Twiztid story. For those of you who know how the touring part of the industry works, you'll know what I mean when I say a 'buy on'. For those of you who don't, when you aren't too well known in the business if you're hungry you'll do whatever you can to cut your teeth and make a name for yourself. That's where we were. We were offered an opportunity to buy on the tour, meaning we pay to play. I'm not going to go to deep into logistics but I can honestly say the day we put the key in ignition and head towards Kansas City for the first date of our two month tour we were already well over $20,000 on the hole. This did not include any previous debt. Anyway when we crunched numbers meaning buy on, gas, hotels, tolls, oil changes, random shit for the tour van among other shit we figured we had to sell minimum $600 a night in merch to break even. Before this tour a good sales night was $200-300. We learned very quickly that first night on the road how different the juggalo culture was. We had definitely underestimated what we had gotten ourselves into.That first night we sold $275 worth of merch and immediate panic set in, no bullshit. With those types of numbers we'd be broke and on our ass before half the tour was overlol (on a side note Tech Nine came out to that first show and went out of his way to tell us he thought we were dope, which sounds so cool now but at the time I couldn't spend time patting myself on the back).. This is where the animal instinct kicked in and songs like 'Machine' were written : I can totally understand what Jay-Z meant when he said 'I Will Not Lose'. Bowing out with our tails between our legs would be losing, and after all the hype we generated with our fans previous to this tour it would totally kill the momentum we worked our asses off for. Anyway I spent that night awake, driving, thinking of ways to approach how we come off to their fans. We can't just be this fun funk/rock band, we have to be aggressive like no one can touch us, or fuck with us. Once the doors open we had to go for heads, shit was all business from there on out. I'm not fucking going home, so I will do whatever the fuck I can to sell our music and keep us out here. I looked at it like I was doing them a favor anyhow, the music of ours I was selling them was great, they were going to be happy regardless, and they were. From there I got into my guys heads, we were going to greet every motherfucker who walked through that door, introduce ourselves, establish a relationship, let them know who we were and when we performed. It was ducking tiring, on a slow night there are 450 people through the door which is a lot of ground for 5 guys and a roadie to cover. I lead by example, you can't be shy, you have to be confident, and when you hit that stage you better bring your best or it was all for nothing. The second night in Tulsa, OK we sold just under $500 in merch (so there's potential light in this tunnel). Or is there?

Haha I feel like I'm writing a book for y'all. I'll write some more later and get more in depth with this tour if you like. After all this is after 2 of 40 shows haha. To anyone trying to make it in this business, a lot of these words probably hit home, and if so, it's worth taking the time to write them. Have a good day.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2014, 07:17:18 AM »
l.a.m.b and alerG from 2002 (14 year old sccit)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=61546&songID=838746

Jesus wow I haven't heard that in years. Props, Scitt. On a side note I remember back in the day you used to be known as 'I Don't Know' correct?
If that's true I can't believe I remember that haha.

bouli77

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »

Nah some of the others in the band did however. They respected why I didn't smoke, also at the time one of our other members had quit drinking for many years and they were always respectful of that.

Anyway a little Twiztid story. For those of you who know how the touring part of the industry works, you'll know what I mean when I say a 'buy on'. For those of you who don't, when you aren't too well known in the business if you're hungry you'll do whatever you can to cut your teeth and make a name for yourself. That's where we were. We were offered an opportunity to buy on the tour, meaning we pay to play. I'm not going to go to deep into logistics but I can honestly say the day we put the key in ignition and head towards Kansas City for the first date of our two month tour we were already well over $20,000 on the hole. This did not include any previous debt. Anyway when we crunched numbers meaning buy on, gas, hotels, tolls, oil changes, random shit for the tour van among other shit we figured we had to sell minimum $600 a night in merch to break even. Before this tour a good sales night was $200-300. We learned very quickly that first night on the road how different the juggalo culture was. We had definitely underestimated what we had gotten ourselves into.That first night we sold $275 worth of merch and immediate panic set in, no bullshit. With those types of numbers we'd be broke and on our ass before half the tour was overlol (on a side note Tech Nine came out to that first show and went out of his way to tell us he thought we were dope, which sounds so cool now but at the time I couldn't spend time patting myself on the back).. This is where the animal instinct kicked in and songs like 'Machine' were written : I can totally understand what Jay-Z meant when he said 'I Will Not Lose'. Bowing out with our tails between our legs would be losing, and after all the hype we generated with our fans previous to this tour it would totally kill the momentum we worked our asses off for. Anyway I spent that night awake, driving, thinking of ways to approach how we come off to their fans. We can't just be this fun funk/rock band, we have to be aggressive like no one can touch us, or fuck with us. Once the doors open we had to go for heads, shit was all business from there on out. I'm not fucking going home, so I will do whatever the fuck I can to sell our music and keep us out here. I looked at it like I was doing them a favor anyhow, the music of ours I was selling them was great, they were going to be happy regardless, and they were. From there I got into my guys heads, we were going to greet every motherfucker who walked through that door, introduce ourselves, establish a relationship, let them know who we were and when we performed. It was ducking tiring, on a slow night there are 450 people through the door which is a lot of ground for 5 guys and a roadie to cover. I lead by example, you can't be shy, you have to be confident, and when you hit that stage you better bring your best or it was all for nothing. The second night in Tulsa, OK we sold just under $500 in merch (so there's potential light in this tunnel). Or is there?

Haha I feel like I'm writing a book for y'all. I'll write some more later and get more in depth with this tour if you like. After all this is after 2 of 40 shows haha. To anyone trying to make it in this business, a lot of these words probably hit home, and if so, it's worth taking the time to write them. Have a good day.

good read, keep going

Remedy360

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »
Good stuff my dude. Who woulda thought that something people actually cared about would come out of this thread?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
Good stuff my dude. Who woulda thought that something people actually cared about would come out of this thread?

LOL

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »
l.a.m.b and alerG from 2002 (14 year old sccit)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=61546&songID=838746

Jesus wow I haven't heard that in years. Props, Scitt. On a side note I remember back in the day you used to be known as 'I Don't Know' correct?
If that's true I can't believe I remember that haha.

True story .. I started off as "i_dont_know?" back when we all started posting on the dre2001 forums .. Graduated to now_i_know when we started dubcc and the rest is history.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »
The third and fourth shows on that tour were Denver and Colorado Springs respectively. For anyone who had extensively toured, it's awesome and such a break when you have cities located this close to each other. We arrived in Denver and it was pandemonium. Up until this point I had never seen a pre show lineup like this one. There were probably 4-500 fans waiting outside for the doors to open, and the closer it got the more people gathered. Juggalo's are a different breed of music fan. They gather and scream chants for hours on end while painting each others faces and dumping faygo soda all over themselves. It never made alot of sense to me, maybe because the idea of being sticky all night sounds like hell. But some of the craziest shit in music history didn't make much sense so we just rolled. Anyway th me venue was interesting, it was multiple levels and had rooms and pieces or so it seemed all over the place. It was absolutely packed come show time and I remember talki g backstage with the guys, we did this before every show, pretty much just a pre-game. There was a vibe in the air and it was easy to notice this was an aggressive crowd. So we were going out there with our heaviest shit, the plan was to get them moshing and crowd surfing and take it from there. The plan worked well actually, nobody had a clue who we were and 5 minutes in the place was erupting. This was one of the nights I really got an idea of how to work a crowd, feeling them out and giving them what they want. After this show it was honestly like a carnival, we had new fans as usual around our table but on this night it was just wilder and freakier than the first two shows. A dominatrix chick had a grown ass man tied up with a dog collar around his neck and she walked him around lol. I asked them about it and he talked about itand loved it she never broke character. I also started noticing the abundance of facial tattoos, this was before they were all over tv and part of pop culture. Essentially I began to expect the unexpected. I think this was the night a girl dressed up in all leather walked up to me at the merch table and before saying hello slapped me across the face, really hard, and told me she loved me. Just absolute anarchy lol.

Gotta head out but on a side note, I forgot to mention the first show in KC we witnessed a girl break her leg in half. It was insanely gross and the pain she was in was brutal. Medics came and gurneys her off and barely anyone blinked an eye, the show never stopped and that's just what it was. I've never seen anything like that before or since, nor would I want too.

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2014, 04:35:58 PM »
Just wanna say the "My World" track and especially the video with all the facts (are they really facts?) is really dope. Props for real.
It will always be 1993 to me.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2014, 07:35:06 AM »
Just wanna say the "My World" track and especially the video with all the facts (are they really facts?) is really dope. Props for real.

i second this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2014, 11:14:05 AM »

i second this

I really appreciate you checking that out, thanks guys :)