Poll

who is the better rapper

Kurupt
15 (39.5%)
Nas
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Kurupt or Nas?  (Read 3045 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Kurupt or Nas?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 02:23:54 PM »
its a shame they only did 1 track together in their prime...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 02:35:07 PM »
its a shame they only did 1 track together in their prime...

and nas got the best of him i think

BIGWORM

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
Nas because he has two albums that I could bump from begining to end and Kurupt only has one...

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »
Well since there's nothing specific, I'm going with Kurupt.

Nas is an awesome lyricist but when Kurupt was at his best, he'd smash anyone on any given day. What separates Kurupt to me was his versatility. Kurupt could do G tracks with the biggest G's and blend is a G himself. At the same time, he could hook up with straight Hop Hoppers and backpackers, and switch his style lyrically. Even though Nas spit some G sht, he was never a real gangster. Nas has always been a pure Hip Hop artist at heart and Illmatic proves it.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »
let us get some more votes

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 08:16:21 PM »
Well since there's nothing specific, I'm going with Kurupt.

Nas is an awesome lyricist but when Kurupt was at his best, he'd smash anyone on any given day. What separates Kurupt to me was his versatility. Kurupt could do G tracks with the biggest G's and blend is a G himself. At the same time, he could hook up with straight Hop Hoppers and backpackers, and switch his style lyrically. Even though Nas spit some G sht, he was never a real gangster. Nas has always been a pure Hip Hop artist at heart and Illmatic proves it.

yeah i see what you mean but nas is more versatile in that he touches on many more topics than Kurupt. Kurupt is a battle MC first and foremost and while he was good at it he's a bit limited. also Kurupt's prime was very short.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »
Had more fun and created more memories listening to Kurupt.

Kurupt and Nas could go toe to toe.

With that said Nas has more classic material, his music is more timeless and more mature than kurupt.

Remedy360

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 09:25:36 PM »
Nas by far. Kurupt was untouchable in his prime yeah but those days are long gone.

sofdark

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »
Hands down, Nas.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 10:18:08 PM »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 10:21:31 PM »
 REALLY tough call. Big fan of both, love multiple albums from both. Back in the day i def would have said Kurupt but these days i'd probably say Nas. Really hard call though, some Nas albums are weak and he has done some whack shit.  Nas and Kurupt have both kind of dissed their white fans too  :-\ :laugh:
 Nas got more solo's Kurupt done all them DPG albums.
 I think both artist have matured but i agree with some of the other comments, Nas has probably touched on more subjects and done more mature songs.
 I was like 13 when illmatic came out and when DPG was big so child hood memories of both. CANT decide!

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
Anyone can link that fairly recent video where they freestyle together during a gig rehearsal?

Fresh Bone

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »
Anyone can link that fairly recent video where they freestyle together during a gig rehearsal?

Jam session starts at 10:38
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:45:19 PM by Montana Mob »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 11:14:59 PM »
REALLY tough call. Big fan of both, love multiple albums from both. Back in the day i def would have said Kurupt but these days i'd probably say Nas. Really hard call though, some Nas albums are weak and he has done some whack shit.  Nas and Kurupt have both kind of dissed their white fans too  :-\ :laugh:
 Nas got more solo's Kurupt done all them DPG albums.
 I think both artist have matured but i agree with some of the other comments, Nas has probably touched on more subjects and done more mature songs.
 I was like 13 when illmatic came out and when DPG was big so child hood memories of both. CANT decide!

Perfect, prettty  much Likle I said

Whats the part abou dissing white fans?

Will_B

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 11:31:44 PM »

Jam session starts at 10:38

Praawps Bigg dawwg

Shit do prove Kurupts still a beast when motivated. Just too many dead beats around him