Poll

who is the better rapper

Kurupt
15 (39.5%)
Nas
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Kurupt or Nas?  (Read 3043 times)

KrazySumwhat

Re: Kurupt or Nas?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »
REALLY tough call. Big fan of both, love multiple albums from both. Back in the day i def would have said Kurupt but these days i'd probably say Nas. Really hard call though, some Nas albums are weak and he has done some whack shit.  Nas and Kurupt have both kind of dissed their white fans too  :-\ :laugh:
 Nas got more solo's Kurupt done all them DPG albums.
 I think both artist have matured but i agree with some of the other comments, Nas has probably touched on more subjects and done more mature songs.
 I was like 13 when illmatic came out and when DPG was big so child hood memories of both. CANT decide!

Perfect, prettty  much Likle I said

Whats the part abou dissing white fans?
Ah not Kurupt so much i mean all kurupt really said was that he dont need white folks, he gets ghetto grammies.
 Nas straight out said that he dose not need his white fans and made a few other comments on the self titled album that he wanted to call "n*gger".
 Was weird seeing as before that he was all saying that Eminem was good for hip hop and it brings whites n blacks togher and putting black n white kids toghter in that music video "i can" ?
 anyways..
 But yeah showing my age i like some of them songs Nas done on recent albums, um the one where he sampled frank  sinatra "can forget about you"? and the one with Amy Whinehouse "cherry wine"

Lucifuge

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 01:30:46 AM »
Damn. This forum sucks. Too many retards.

what is your answer?

Kurupt was crazy on dogg food, latter he was meh, here and there some good tracks, last 10 years, sucks. Nas all day.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

WestWestYA

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 07:46:14 AM »
Kurupt because I don't like nas because all his albums after gods son album where boring to me. Same goes for jigga after the black album I don't like his stuff.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 09:09:41 AM »
REALLY tough call. Big fan of both, love multiple albums from both. Back in the day i def would have said Kurupt but these days i'd probably say Nas. Really hard call though, some Nas albums are weak and he has done some whack shit.  Nas and Kurupt have both kind of dissed their white fans too  :-\ :laugh:
 Nas got more solo's Kurupt done all them DPG albums.
 I think both artist have matured but i agree with some of the other comments, Nas has probably touched on more subjects and done more mature songs.
 I was like 13 when illmatic came out and when DPG was big so child hood memories of both. CANT decide!

Perfect, prettty  much Likle I said

Whats the part abou dissing white fans?
Ah not Kurupt so much i mean all kurupt really said was that he dont need white folks, he gets ghetto grammies.
 Nas straight out said that he dose not need his white fans and made a few other comments on the self titled album that he wanted to call "n*gger".
 Was weird seeing as before that he was all saying that Eminem was good for hip hop and it brings whites n blacks togher and putting black n white kids toghter in that music video "i can" ?
 anyways..
 But yeah showing my age i like some of them songs Nas done on recent albums, um the one where he sampled frank  sinatra "can forget about you"? and the one with Amy Whinehouse "cherry wine"

Ya I guess he contradicts himself.

I find old westcoast music in general becomes very dated compared to some of the eastcoast stuff because of the lyrics.

Blood$

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 10:54:01 AM »
throw this thread in outbound and I bet it's different results

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »
Kurupt  8)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »
Well since there's nothing specific, I'm going with Kurupt.

Nas is an awesome lyricist but when Kurupt was at his best, he'd smash anyone on any given day. What separates Kurupt to me was his versatility. Kurupt could do G tracks with the biggest G's and blend in as a G himself. At the same time, he could hook up with straight Hop Hoppers and backpackers, and switch his style lyrically. Even though Nas spit some G sht, he was never a real gangster. Nas has always been a pure Hip Hop artist at heart and Illmatic proves it.

yeah i see what you mean but nas is more versatile in that he touches on many more topics than Kurupt. Kurupt is a battle MC first and foremost and while he was good at it he's a bit limited. also Kurupt's prime was very short.
Yeah that's why I said that Nas was more of a Hip Hop artist at heart. Kurupt did a bunch of G shit, even though he does have several tracks with different topics. I think Kurupt's problem was that he didn't have guidance with making his albums. If a guy like Dr. Dre would have produced his albums, he'd have better structure and more balance overall with the material he released. Kurupt didn't always talk about the same sht. Nas for example tried to copy a lot of Pac's style. But if you listen to [It was Written], he kept it mostly on the same topics, with street rap n shit because that's what was hot at the time. People forget that G Rap was taking over and everybody was on that. [Illmatic] was more who Nas has always been. Kurupt could switch it up though. It wasn't all the same. Problem is that those songs never stood out like the rest. Kurupt never had a hit like "The World Is Yours". Then Kurupt fell off as he got older so we didn't even get to see him make songs with a more mature point of view. But he could still switch things up if he wanted.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com//v/VBT3mhQUNpI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com//v/VBT3mhQUNpI</a>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:09:14 AM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »
throw this thread in outbound and I bet it's different results

Of course lol

HighEyeCue

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »

Nas is an awesome lyricist but when Kurupt was at his best, he'd smash anyone on any given day. What separates Kurupt to me was his versatility. Kurupt could do G tracks with the biggest G's and blend in as a G himself. At the same time, he could hook up with straight Hop Hoppers and backpackers, and switch his style lyrically. Even though Nas spit some G sht, he was never a real gangster. Nas has always been a pure Hip Hop artist at heart and Illmatic proves it.

yeah i see what you mean but nas is more versatile in that he touches on many more topics than Kurupt. Kurupt is a battle MC first and foremost and while he was good at it he's a bit limited. also Kurupt's prime was very short.
Yeah that's why I said that Nas was more of a Hip Hop artist at heart. Kurupt did a bunch of G shit, even though he does have several tracks with different topics. I think Kurupt's problem was that he didn't have guidance with making his albums. If a guy like Dr. Dre would have produced his albums, he'd have better structure and more balance overall with the material he released. Kurupt didn't always talk about the same sht. Nas for example tried to copy a lot of Pac's style. But if you listen to [It was Written], he kept it mostly on the same topics, with street rap n shit because that's what was hot at the time. People forget that G Rap was taking over and everybody was on that. [Illmatic] was more who Nas has always been. Kurupt could switch it up though. It wasn't all the same. Problem is that those songs never stood out like the rest. Kurupt never had a hit like "The World Is Yours". Then Kurupt fell off as he got older so we didn't even get to see him make songs with a more mature point of view. But he could still switch things up if he wanted.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com//v/VBT3mhQUNpI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com//v/VBT3mhQUNpI</a>

yeah Kurupt had more styles than Nas...he was a gangsta rapper but could turn around and do the east coast lyrical rap like"You know my steez" remix for instance...he could make the dope R&B cut as well "We Can Freak It""Under Pressure"...But Kurupt also fell flat on his face when he tried to go pop with "Its Over"

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
somebody hook up that "Know My Steez" remix I don't recall ever hearing that  :o

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 06:22:14 PM »

yeah Kurupt had more styles than Nas...he was a gangsta rapper but could turn around and do the east coast lyrical rap like"You know my steez" remix for instance...he could make the dope R&B cut as well "We Can Freak It""Under Pressure"...But Kurupt also fell flat on his face when he tried to go pop with "Its Over"
Yeah. Even when he hooked up with the WU and Pete Rock in "Tru Master". Kurupt could go from Coast to Coast and blend in with everyone. That's why Kurupt was my fav growing up. Only thing he was never able to do as a Solo artist was create that mainstream hit. He had underground, gangster and street classics but never anything that topped the charts. In a sense he has always been more of an underground artist. A Legend but not commercial level. I think he lacked guidance. Most of the commercial hits he was involved in, he was the feature... but never solo.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

bouli77

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »
i think he doesn't have the charisma to carry a hit single on his own, kinda like Daz. he'll be forever known as one of snoop's and dre's homie (sadly), but We Can Freak It had mad commercial appeal to me and is a classic. So in a sense he was capable of crafting radio friendly gems, it's just that it never really caught on.

Remedy360

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 07:39:58 PM »
i think he doesn't have the charisma to carry a hit single on his own, kinda like Daz. he'll be forever known as one of snoop's and dre's homie (sadly), but We Can Freak It had mad commercial appeal to me and is a classic. So in a sense he was capable of crafting radio friendly gems, it's just that it never really caught on.

This is probably a cardinal sin to say on Dubcc, but as much as I like Kurupt I was never into that song. Definitely agree with you on his difficulty to make singles.

bouli77

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 07:47:05 PM »
well to each his own, i understand you, there's a lot of songs people seem to love i don't enjoy or find really good either (daz's in california)

Blood$

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »

Yeah. Even when he hooked up with the WU and Pete Rock in "Tru Master". Kurupt could go from Coast to Coast and blend in with everyone. That's why Kurupt was my fav growing up. Only thing he was never able to do as a Solo artist was create that mainstream hit. He had underground, gangster and street classics but never anything that topped the charts. In a sense he has always been more of an underground artist. A Legend but not commercial level. I think he lacked guidance. Most of the commercial hits he was involved in, he was the feature... but never solo.

"Who Ride With Us", "Girls All Pause" made some noise at that time they dropped though no?

granted I was mad young and just remember seeing the videos on tv lol not sure how they did on radio especially here on the east