Author Topic: Mort: Patriots deflated 11 of 12 footballs  (Read 460 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Mort: Patriots deflated 11 of 12 footballs
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 06:07:23 AM »
Nothing is new here, the Patriots cheat and the NFL covers it up. Goodel went out of his way to get Spygate to go away. Destroying tapes before seeing them and not allowing curious congressmen to see what was up.

Of course I'm sure there was just as much or more cheating happening and being covered up by Rozelle and Tagliabue, but Goodel is doing such a poor job at representing this league its laughable. he's trying so hard to get the soccer moms to come out and let their kids play football, that he completely ignores the integrity of the game.

To the soccer moms, the fantasy bums, and the water cooler crowd, the NFL is a fad. They'll walk away from it the second it gets a little stale. To to the actual fans of football; they need a game they can respect, and very quickly Roger Goodel is taking that away;

Rule changes that inflate numbers, deflated balls being swept under the rug, video tapes being destroyed. Eventually something is going to give.

To be honest I expect a new league to be formed in the coming years to deal with all this. Definitive instant replay with little wiggle room for interpretation, no silly personal fouls for simply tackling someone, a little more contact allowed after 5 yards, QBs being treated like football players rather than kings. I don't expect it to over take the NFL but I expect it to open a few eyes with in the NFL about how Football can be played.

The problem with the XFL was they were trying to do everything the NFL does but attempt to to do it better. The agenda should be to do right everything that the NFL does completely wrong, and do the same for everything the NFL does right.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 08:45:40 AM »
Nothing is new here, the Patriots cheat and the NFL covers it up. Goodel went out of his way to get Spygate to go away. Destroying tapes before seeing them and not allowing curious congressmen to see what was up.

Of course I'm sure there was just as much or more cheating happening and being covered up by Rozelle and Tagliabue, but Goodel is doing such a poor job at representing this league its laughable. he's trying so hard to get the soccer moms to come out and let their kids play football, that he completely ignores the integrity of the game.

To the soccer moms, the fantasy bums, and the water cooler crowd, the NFL is a fad. They'll walk away from it the second it gets a little stale. To to the actual fans of football; they need a game they can respect, and very quickly Roger Goodel is taking that away;

Rule changes that inflate numbers, deflated balls being swept under the rug, video tapes being destroyed. Eventually something is going to give.

To be honest I expect a new league to be formed in the coming years to deal with all this. Definitive instant replay with little wiggle room for interpretation, no silly personal fouls for simply tackling someone, a little more contact allowed after 5 yards, QBs being treated like football players rather than kings. I don't expect it to over take the NFL but I expect it to open a few eyes with in the NFL about how Football can be played.

The problem with the XFL was they were trying to do everything the NFL does but attempt to to do it better. The agenda should be to do right everything that the NFL does completely wrong, and do the same for everything the NFL does right.

or maybe it's just time for a new commissioner

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »
Losing Goodel won't fix a lot of the current problems. They need to allow illegal contact from noth sides until 10 to 15 yards at least. They need to stop with this defenseless receiver BS and defenseless QB. If you see a guy coming you cover up. Making people feel safe leads to the worst of injuries because the WRs and QBs take for granted that the guy won't lay you out. In a slightly different manner, its how the extra pads and helmets ended up getting so many hockey players seriously injured. Before the body check would never be a ram in the back face first into the boards, then it became common on every play. Live video replay refs in the booth being able to judge penalties on the spot as to not slow down the game. An assistant head ref that the head ref trusts to call it as it happens and radio into the ref with the call. Not just for plays but for penalties too.

And personally I would like to see a system where each team has two designated captains, one on D one on O and never more than one designated captain on the field at once, and that captain is the only one even allowed to have any contact with the ref. He is the only one allowed to plead the case and ask why the call was made. Anyone else that asks gets a 5 yard penalty for the team. Also any complaining or yelling at the refs also gets a 5 yarder if from the captain and a ten yarder from anyone else. And in every case it is coupled with a loss of down as well. (you don't have to wear a C or anything and if the captain has to leave the field then anyone else can become the captain, but it must be designated and told to the refs when it happens).

That will instantly clean up the game and quicken it.